• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Indian scientist and his friends denied entry to play garba in US, organizers claim l

prasad1

An expat scientist from Gujarat has tweeted that he and his friends were denied entry into a “garba” dance event in Atlanta in the US after organisers allegedly said that their last names and look weren’t “Hindu”. Karan Jani (29), hailing from Vadodara, is an astrophysicist in the Laser Interferometer Gravitational Wave Observatory (LIGO), a large-scale physics experiment and observatory operated by Caltech and MIT to detect cosmic gravitational waves. “Year 2018 and Shakti Mandir in Atlanta, USA denied me and my friends entry from playing garba because: ‘You dont look Hindu and last name in your IDs dont sound Hindu,'” Jani alleged in a tweet on October 12 after the incident. He and his friends were denied entry on the ground that they were “Ismaili, Vohra and Sindhis”, Jani said.

Meanwhile, his father Pankaj Jani, who lives in Vadodara, told media persons that Karan spoke to him after the incident and sounded nervous. “Volunteers stopped him and told him he does not look like a Hindu and even his surname does not appear to be that of a Hindu. They checked his ID which had the national emblem on it. Despite that, he was asked to leave. Later he talked to me over phone and sounded nervous,” Jani said. “He has been going there since years for the event,” the victim’s father further said.

In his tweet, Karan Jani narrated a conversation between one of the organisers and his friend. He said:”My Konkani friend who came to Garba for 1st time due to enthusiasm of us Gujaratis was pulled out of line and was told: ‘We dont come to your events, you are not allowed to ours’ She: ‘My last name is Murdeshwar. Im Kannada-Marathi!’ Him: ‘What is Kannada? You are Ismaili’.” “My other friends last name had ‘Dangarwala’. We spoke in Gujarati to them. They still said we were ‘Vohra, Sindhis’. They actually kept stating other religions!! They ganged up and told us to leave. While we saw other non-Indians being entered (which they of course should!),” he further tweeted.

http://www.freepressjournal.in/worl...rs-claim-last-name-looks-werent-hindu/1375918

How do you prove that you are a Hindu?
A friend had a similar incident in a Temple in India.

How to prove?

Flash at them..prove there has been no circumcision!

You are funny. But that is not a proof. And what about the lady who was not allowed.

They allow Caucasians, in all Garbas. It is Islamaphobia and nothing else.

Last edited:
What is Garba?
hi

dandiya dance of gujarat during navaratri days.....its famous in guju community...its GARBA RAAS DANCE...we had last friday in our

local temple....mainly from guju community.....every friday night during navaratri garba in our temple...i know garba dance too..

You are funny. But that is not a proof. And what about the lady who was not allowed.

hi

many whites are allowed in our gujarati samaj garba....but not much local temples....generally in local school auditorium ....

many caucassians attended garba conducted by gujarati samaj..

hi

dandiya dance of gujarat during navaratri days.....its famous in guju community...its GARBA RAAS DANCE...we had last friday in our

local temple....mainly from guju community.....every friday night during navaratri garba in our temple...i know garba dance too..

Thank u.

The world has gone mad..each one thinks God is theirs.Hindu thinks he is right..Muslim thinks all others go to hell.

Let them all go die!
Garbha is just dancing in circles where mostly men go to look at women and by the time the garbha ends..most would have exchanged whatsapp numbers.

Big deal.

Btw for a female she can fake she came in trance and start to curse everyone if they dont allow Mata in!

Last edited:
hi

Its nice time to look at chicks!

hi

many whites are allowed in our gujarati samaj garba....but not much local temples....generally in local school auditorium ....

many caucassians attended garba conducted by gujarati samaj..

Next year ask Gujjus to invite Khabib Nurmagomedov...He is Russian..white..they wont even know he is Muslim..and who dare stop him unless they want to land up like Mc Gregor.

No big deal.

Christians do not do that.
Jews do that.

Wrong.

Christians, jews, and Muslims do it for their male members.

While the Catholic Church has condemned religious circumcision for its members, and currently maintains a neutral position on the practice of non-religious circumcision, Coptic Christianity and Ethiopian Orthodoxy and Eritrean Orthodoxy still observe male circumcision and practice circumcision as a rite of passage.

Male circumcision practised as a religious rite is found in texts of the
Hebrew Bible, as part of the Abrahamic covenant, such as in Genesis 17, and is therefore practised by Jews, Muslims, and some Christians, who constitute the Abrahamic religions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_male_circumcision

Last edited:
Wrong.

Christians, jews, and Muslims do it for their male members.

While the Catholic Church has condemned religious circumcision for its members, and currently maintains a neutral position on the practice of non-religious circumcision, Coptic Christianity and Ethiopian Orthodoxy and Eritrean Orthodoxy still observe male circumcision and practice circumcision as a rite of passage.

Male circumcision practised as a religious rite is found in texts of the
Hebrew Bible, as part of the Abrahamic covenant, such as in Genesis 17, and is therefore practised by Jews, Muslims, and some Christians, who constitute the Abrahamic religions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_male_circumcision

What about Protestants? They dominate USA, Canada, UK etc.

Cp

I live in India and Eritrean or Ethiopian Orthodox church is of least consequence for me. My friends are here in India or in US, UK, Germany or Australia. They too are not bothered about the Eritrean or Ethiopian Orthodox Church and its dictats. In all these countries religious circumcision is not in vogue. In fact during Hitler 's heydays one of the methods used to segregate Jews from the crowd was to see whether the person was cirmcised or not. Period. So I am right and you are wrong again. LOL .

What about Protestants? They dominate USA, Canada, UK etc.

The prevalence of circumcision is the percentage of males in a given population who have been circumcised. The rates vary widely by country, from virtually 0% in Honduras, to 7% in Spain, to 20% in the United Kingdom, to 45% in South Africa, to 80% in the United States, to over 90% in many Muslim-majority countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_circumcision

Unfortunately, some people and one, in particular, want to show their ignorance and are proud of it.

:doh:

I live in India and Eritrean or Ethiopian Orthodox church is of least consequence for me. My friends are here in India or in US, UK, Germany or Australia. They too are not bothered about the Eritrean or Ethiopian Orthodox Church and its dictats. In all these countries religious circumcision is not in vogue. In fact during Hitler 's heydays one of the methods used to segregate Jews from the crowd was to see whether the person was cirmcised or not. Period. So I am right and you are wrong again. LOL .

From a Willing-to-learn to a willful ignorant.

A little bit of googling would have saved the embarrassment of public shaming.

Male circumcision is almost universal in much of the Middle East, North and West Africa and Central Asia and is common in other countries, including Australia, Bangladesh, Canada, Indonesia, Pakistan, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea, Turkey and the United States of America (USA). It is also prevalent among certain ethnic groups in central, eastern and southern Africa. In some settings, such as North Africa, Pakistan, Indonesia, Israel and rural Turkey, the majority of providers are not medically trained. In contrast, circumcision is provided almost exclusively by medically trained personnel in Saudi Arabia and other Gulf States, and in Egypt, the Republic of Korea and the USA. Circumcision tends to be practised shortly after birth in parts of West Africa, Israel, the Gulf States and the USA. In contrast, in North Africa, the Middle East and parts of Asia males are circumcised as young boys, and in some regions of east and southern Africa as adolescents or young adults.

https://www.who.int/hiv/pub/malecircumcision/neonatal_child_MC_UNAIDS.pdf

From a Willing-to-learn to a willful ignorant.

A little bit of googling would have saved the embarrassment of public shaming.

Male circumcision is almost universal in much of the Middle East, North and West Africa and Central Asia and is common in other countries, including Australia, Bangladesh, Canada, Indonesia, Pakistan, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea, Turkey and the United States of America (USA). It is also prevalent among certain ethnic groups in central, eastern and southern Africa. In some settings, such as North Africa, Pakistan, Indonesia, Israel and rural Turkey, the majority of providers are not medically trained. In contrast, circumcision is provided almost exclusively by medically trained personnel in Saudi Arabia and other Gulf States, and in Egypt, the Republic of Korea and the USA. Circumcision tends to be practised shortly after birth in parts of West Africa, Israel, the Gulf States and the USA. In contrast, in North Africa, the Middle East and parts of Asia males are circumcised as young boys, and in some regions of east and southern Africa as adolescents or young adults.

https://www.who.int/hiv/pub/malecircumcision/neonatal_child_MC_UNAIDS.pdf
Read the first line in my post again. I have talked about India. In India Christians, like their friends in many other countries do not practice religious circumcision as a must. There may be a negligible few who may do that for hygiene and health.
Mule like harping and hanging on to a pet theme will not add value of truth whether supported by c & p img or copying. Go and better hang for rest.

Last edited:
Read the first line in my post again. I have talked about India. In India Christians, like their friends in many other countries do not practice religious circumcision as a must. There may be a negligible few who may do that for hygiene and health.
Mule like harping and hanging on to a pet theme will not add value of truth whether supported by c & p img or copying. Go and better hang for rest.

Hiding under sand does not change reality. I have supported my claim with facts. Facts always top manufactured opinions of ignorant.

You may insult the poster, by saying it is cut and paste, but it is facts from known sources.
It is better information than the trash you pull out of thin air.

My original post was about a situation in the USA.
My post#3 was in response to Renukaji's comment. Renukaji is from Malasia.
Your post#12 was a general statement not specific to your location, or your friends (that seems to be the limit of your knowledge).

This thread is not about Circumcision.
This is about arbitrary rules being enforced.:focus:

Last edited:

Latest ads

Back