• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Uttar Pradesh: 50 Dalit families threaten to convert after being denied installation

prasad1

Almost 50 Dalit families in Meerut's Incholi village have threatened to convert their religion after they were allegedly stopped by locals, from installing Goddess Kali's idol in the temple on Wednesday, October 10. The Dalit families approached district magistrate to inform about the incident. The incident took place on the first day of the Navratra festival.

According to news agency ANI, Rajkumar, a protester said, “We are Hindus. If we can't put a goddess idol in a temple then where should we go? it’s better to convert

Meanwhile, Additional district magistrate Ram Chandra, “The matter is in our knowledge and there is nothing to worry about. It is a tiff between two groups over the installation of an idol, which will be looked into and we will reach a conclusion soon.”

https://www.nationalheraldindia.com/india/uttar-pradesh-50-dalit-families-threaten-to-convert-after-being-denied-installation-of-idol

What a threat? So obviously they were not serious about religion, or do not understand Hinduism.

Last edited:
So why the threat if it is only a misunderstanding between 2 groups?

Reminds me of 2 groups and a Pachyderm!

So why the threat if it is only a misunderstanding between 2 groups?

Reminds me of 2 groups and a Pachyderm!

The Pachyderm story is usually half told. Are you aware that there was a third party to the suit with a caviat asking to be heard. His case was that the Pachyderm was a God he worshipped. That too the son of another God in his pantheon of worshippable Gods. So he was heard by the judge. But one question asked by the judge floored him. The judge asked the interlocuter "is the Pachyderm a "he" or a "she". There was no answer. So time was granted. He never came after that to the court. Perhaps the Pachyderm put an end to the question and him when he went to examine.

The National Herald is a Congress mouthpiece.

Is that the contribution to the thread?
You used to write sensible articles. We have our differences and they will be there, of late you have become a party man and do not see anything else.
I am sorry yo see that.

Is that the contribution to the thread?
You used to write sensible articles. We have our differences and they will be there, of late you have become a party man and do not see anything else.
I am sorry yo see that.

My contribution more than sums up what is wrong with the reporting of the news item and especially why the reporting is flawed with deliberate malafide intentions and is of scurrilous nature.

If you are unaware, during DurgAshtami, pandols are put up at temple premises for people to place their Murtis for worshipping in places like Bengal, Uttar Pradesh etc. Do you really think people are allowed to "install" Murtis of temporary nature in temples? Have you seen any such thing happening? Why do you get taken in by such news items?

What was deliberately omitted by National Herald paper is that the Dist Magistrate very clearly said he is unaware about any religious conversion demand and this is very clearly mentioned in the ANI UP tweet. What is also unclear is that the tiff is between two Dalit
groups and temple authorities or the so called upper castes have nothing to do with the incident.

You were taken in by the juicy headline and thought it was a worthwhile info to share. I have once again to exhort that the media reporting especially by the house magazines or newspapers are NEVER objective and you risk your reputation as an unbiased member when you play into their hands and start forwarding their half baked politically motivated stories.

All that happened at the site was 12 bricks kept by one group was thrown out by another. Nothing earth shattering in India.

You also missed the icing on the cake of the supposed threat of conversion: Because they were not allowed to place idols, they will convert to Islam which abhors idolatory !!!!! No story can be more moronic than this.

Here is the twitter thread on the issue :

https://twitter.com/ANINewsUP/statu...nvert-after-being-denied-installation-of-idol

Last edited:
Zebraji,

Hold on.
Did you read the last line of my post which was my observation?

I did not get taken in by anything, I even wondered about the meaningless threat.
Before you jump into tirade against me, you should at least read the entire post.

You seem to place more credence to twitter thread than a news reporting as it does not confirm to your bias.

The original post clearly said what the magistrate said. I thought the article was hilarious and hollow.

Last edited:

Latest ads

Back