• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Angaaya podi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,

I am posting the recipe for Angaya Podi. It is mainly used as part of " Pathiyam" for a new mother after delivery of baby. But it can also be incorporated into normal diet as part of cleansing of the digestive system.

Regards

Vanaja

AngaYappodi:

This podi is eaten with hot rice & ghee.

This is said to rempove all impurities from our stomach & refreshes our digestive system.

This also prevents the tendency to put on weight after delivering a baby & gives “azakiya kaayam – beautiful figure “ & hence the name.

Pepper - 1 ½ heaped tsp

Dry ginger - 2 ½ “

Dhaniya - ¼ cup

Red chillies - ½ cup

Tur dhal - ¼ cup (optional)

Gram dhal - ¼ cup (optional)

Mustard seeds - 1 heaped tbsp

Sundaikkai - ¼ cup

Dry neem flowers - ¾ cup

Hing - 2 tsp

Curry leaves - few
Salt
In a dry kadai,, roast all other ingredients except sundaikkai, neem flowers & hing.

These three should be roasted, each separately, adding minimum oil.

Mix everything with salt & powder.

This is best eaten with “arisi appalam” & “ilai vadam”.

“Urad aappalam’ is better avoided with this, to prevent flatulence.

thank you smt mani. it is wonderful that you are bringing out, age old, time tested tradional recipies. While mixing with rice should one add ghee or oil?. Again is it stipulated to eat this rice mix hot hot? I remember my mother said so. Though not asked " why" those days, can you say, if yes, why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back