• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Confusion regarding annual Shraddha tithi

I'm in a real dilemma regarding the annual Shraddha tithi for my mother.
She passed away on 20/Sep/2003 between 11.30 am to 1 pm.
I now see that all the panchangam show Navami tithi upto 3.00 pm on 20/Sep/2003. But our vadhyar insists it is Dasami tithi and we've been performing the annual Shraddha on Puratassi, Krishna Paksha Dasami Tithi.
We're very confused about this and would be really grateful if somebody could advice on what to do.

Thanks and regards

S Rajesh

As per paambu panchangam =vaakkiya panchangam thithi is dasami only from 10.54 onwards. 20-09-2003. What your vadhyar says is correct.

Many thanks for the response. It's a great relief. We also follow paambu panchangam, but unfortunately have'nt retained the panchangam for the year. Thanks once again.

Latest ads

Back