• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Temples for Sashtiapthapoorthi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri Vijayaashree ji,

Couple of years before all our family members went on a long Tamil Nadu Temple Tour.

During this tour we visited one of the most mesmarising ABIRAMI-AMIRTHAKADESWARAR Temple.

This temple is very famous and considered to the be best for performing "AYUSHYA HOMAM', "SASHTIYABTAPURTI" & "SATHABISHEKAM"

It is considered that one who has the blessings would certainly get a chance to perform all these in this temple.

There are differnt standards of performing such ceromanies to suite one's budget.

The most expensive one include - bringing in the Temple Elephant to the pooja and performing certain rituals along with the couple

Near to the moolavar - "AMIRTHAKADESWARAR ", there is a shrine of "MARKANDEYA" who was blessed by Lord Shiva to remain sixteen years of age forever and with immortality to rescue him from the clutches of YEMADHARMAN.

If you could perform your parents "Sashtiapthapurti" in this Temple, your parents and yourself will really have the blessings of GOD in a very spiritual way.

I wish you could perform the ceremony for your parents in this temple.

The temple is situated in Thirukkadaiyur, located in Nagapattinam district between Mayiladuthurai and Porayar.

To get more details on this temple please click on the link below -

Abirami - Amirthakadeswarar Temple

Sri Vijayaashree ji,

.........................we visited one of the most mesmarising ABIRAMI-AMIRTHAKADESWARAR Temple.

This temple is very famous and considered to the be best for performing "AYUSHYA HOMAM', "SASHTIYABTAPURTI" & "SATHABISHEKAM"
It is considered that one who has the blessings would certainly get a chance to perform all these in this temple.
The temple is situated in Thirukkadaiyur, located in Nagapattinam district between Mayiladuthurai and Porayar.

To get more details on this temple please click on the link below -

Abirami - Amirthakadeswarar Temple

Sri Ravi,

Thanks, quite an information to me.

Greetings

There are many temples regarding this shastiapthapoorthi. Anyhow Thirukadaiyur is very famous among them. Other temples include

1. Shri karunambika samedha dandeeswara swami temple- Velachery, chennai (where lord gives back the dhandha of yama to him)

2. Karuvili shri sarguneswara swami temple- karuvili (Where rebirth is destroyed)

But Iam not sure about the facilities available in these temples for doing shastiapthapoorthy when compared to Thirukadaiyur.

Pranams

recently i went to "THIRUPPAINJILI" IN Trichy District. We were informed by the temple priest that it is an ideal place for "Sashtiapthapoorthi". Yemadharmaraja was given rebirth by Lord Shiva in this temple. Lord Shiva burnt Yemadharmaraja after the Markandeyan episode and as a result there was no death to anyone(creation) in the bhoomi. Not able to withstand the "Bharam", Bhoomadevi went to Lord Shiva alongwith other devas and pleaded. It is in this place, Lord Shiva, gave re-birth to Yemadharmaraja, who has a separate sannadhi here. Yeman appears as an infant. So, it is believed, there will not be "yema bhayam", if sashtiapthapoorthis are performed here. It is under the control of H R & C E Board of Tamil Nadu. If any one can explain more about this "thiruthalam", i will be thankful.

Its in this place swami gave "Kattamudu" (packed food) for appar swamigal.
Here, for 9grahas just 9 small places will be there to represent
Here 2 ambals for the swami
Stone banana tree is the sthala vriksham

What not??? such a nice temple.

Shashitiabda purthi in temples

Though the practice of performing in temples has been going on for years due to the overambitious and avaracious nature of Gurukkals,as per agamas any rituals connected with an individual's life are not supposed to be performed inside a devalayam which is meant for celebration of the rituals connected with deities

Though the practice of performing in temples has been going on for years due to the overambitious and avaracious nature of Gurukkals,as per agamas any rituals connected with an individual's life are not supposed to be performed inside a devalayam which is meant for celebration of the rituals connected with deities

Normally Rudram is recited 1,008 times(Egaa Dasa Rudram ) infront of holy pots and poured into the couple during Shastiabdapoorthi.

But if rudram is recited inside a temple, it has to be offered for abhisekam of the deities only and it should not be poured on any human being.

Hence performing shastiabdapoorthi in temples has to be avoided.

All the best

Also I think this is the festival which should be celebrated with the help of sastrigal and not gurukkal (with my little knowledge am saying). Also this is a family function only. So doing it in home or mandap is best. We did last year this fucntion for our father in mandapam only.

Pranams

hi
Normally Rudram is recited 1,008 times(Egaa Dasa Rudram ) infront of holy pots and poured into the couple during Shastiabdapoorthi.

But if rudram is recited inside a temple, it has to be offered for abhisekam of the deities only and it should not be poured on any human being.

Hence performing shastiabdapoorthi in temples has to be avoided.

All the best
hi RVR sir,
a small correction....if you dont mind..eka dasa rudram means
11 times....1,008 times means shahrastaka times...sorry for that..

regards
tbs

hi
hi RVR sir,
a small correction....if you dont mind..eka dasa rudram means
11 times....1,008 times means shahrastaka times...sorry for that..

regards
tbs

Thanks TBS sir, I stand corrected.

Rudram reciting has several counts.

Egaa Dasa Rudram, Adhi Rudram, Maha Rudram etc.

However number of times it is recited varies. In our village Rudra Abhisekam we use to have a minimum of 11 Vadhyars each reciting atleast 11 times. In adhirudram, I think it is multiplied by further 11.

Probably you can enlighten us more

All the best

Also I think this is the festival which should be celebrated with the help of sastrigal and not gurukkal (with my little knowledge am saying). Also this is a family function only. So doing it in home or mandap is best. We did last year this fucntion for our father in mandapam only.

Pranams

In temples like Tirukkadaiyur only Gurukkals attached there perform as Sastrigal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back