• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Interacts marriages

Intercaste marriages

Intercaste marriages are good for the health of Indians. As per the Harward Scientist's claim in his recent book "Who we are and how we got here" , under the chapters about India, he says that certain types of genetic diseases arise because of endogamy- either because people marry close relatives or they have decended from common ancestors. The survey says south Indian states have higher inter caste marriages rate . Around 70 generations ago , Indians stopped inter caste marrying and created endogenous group.
Source : Nitin Pai @Director , Taksha shila institution

Last edited:
Intercaste marriages are good for the health of Indians. As per the Harward Scientist's claim in his recent book "Who we are and how we got here" , under the chapters about India, he says that certain types of genetic diseases arise because of endogamy- either because people marry close relatives or they have decrnded from common ancestors. The survey says south Indian states have higher inter caste marriages rate . Around 70 generations ago , Indians stopped inter marrying and created endogenous group.
Source : Nitin Pai @Director , Taksha shila institution

dear sir,

the hindu society unlike the other society was divided into varnas based on gunas.

people in the same varna chose to marry among themselves so that the same gunas are passed on through the genes to the progeny and gunas are retained within the community. the intra-varna marriages were nevertheless very healthy

the others, the christian-society, the muslim-society etc, were not intelligent enough to discover this fact and hence were not divided into varnas. it is mostly the people from other non-varna societies, like this harvard scientist, make claims which hardly have rationale.

We have discussed inter-caste marriage so many times that there is fatigue among senior members.
So I am not going into that topic.

Social stratification
is a kind of social differentiation whereby a society groups people into socioeconomic strata, based upon their occupation and income, wealth and social status, or derived power (social and political). As such, stratification is the relative social position of persons within a social group, category, geographic region, or social unit.

In modern Western societies, social stratification typically is distinguished as three social classes: (i) the upper class, (ii) the middle class, and (iii) the lower class; in turn, each class can be subdivided into strata, e.g. the upper-stratum, the middle-stratum, and the lower stratum. Moreover, a social stratum can be formed upon the bases of kinship, clan, tribe or caste, or all four.

The categorization of people by social strata occurs in all societies, ranging from the complex, state-based or polycentric societies to tribaland feudal societies, which are based upon socio-economic relations among classes of nobility and classes of peasants. Historically, whether or not hunter-gatherer societies can be defined as socially stratified or if social stratification began with agriculture and common acts of social exchange, remains a debated matter in the social sciences. Determining the structures of social stratification arises from inequalities of status among persons, therefore, the degree of social inequality determines a person's social stratum. Generally, the greater the social complexity of a society, the more social strata exist, by way of social differentiation.

Every society was stratified.

In the Middle Ages, there was a definite structure in society. You were born into a class of people and generally stayed in that class for your entire life. Working hard did not change your status. Your clothing, food, marriage, homes, etc., were determined for you. After the rank of king, the hierarchy was the nobles, the knights, the clergy (religious people), the tradesmen and the peasants.

A family surname, or last name, is the part of a person’s name that indicates to what family a person belongs. In the Middle Ages, surnames often were derived from a person’s occupation. Examples include Miller, Smith, Cooper, Fletcher, Driver, Skinner, Tanner, Hunter, etc..

https://westernreservepublicmedia.org/middleages/feud_tradesmen.htm

In Ancient Indian subcontinent (Specifically not India as India was not born yet), too we had this kind of division. It is practiced in certain form even today.

The later justification of Guna based Caste system was a band-aid on a putrified, but still maintained caste system.

Throw in Viswamitra to show that there was mobility within caste, which is a complete lie.

Even today the caste system is the life of normal Indians. Except for some changes taking place in, metro cities and also some of the trades are disappearing. This caste system has nothing to do with guna or profession, it is strictly birth based.
It is even codified in the Indian constitution for reservation purpose.

Take my case:

I am a born brahmin (as both my parents were brahmins).
I was an Engineer so by profession I was shudra.
I am a businessman so I am Vaisya.
I would have joined the army I would be a Kshatriya.

Some in this site call me by other names so I am pariah too.

What caste am I, I really do not know.
I have a little bit of Satwa, a little bit of Rajas, and a little bit of Tamas.

The North American Brahmin society invited me, North American Vaisya society apologized that they
can not invite me.
I became a member of India Association.

There are people in this site who are not born brahmin but have a lot more of Satwa, I think they should be classified as Brahmin, but they are not looking for a handout, so they do not care for labels.

I am sorry to burst your bubble
We may not be the first one, or original
intelligent
one.

Last edited:
We have discussed inter-caste marriage so many times that there is fatigue among senior members.
So I am not going into that topic.

Social stratification
is a kind of social differentiation whereby a society groups people into socioeconomic strata, based upon their occupation and income, wealth and social status, or derived power (social and political). As such, stratification is the relative social position of persons within a social group, category, geographic region, or social unit.

In modern Western societies, social stratification typically is distinguished as three social classes: (i) the upper class, (ii) the middle class, and (iii) the lower class; in turn, each class can be subdivided into strata, e.g. the upper-stratum, the middle-stratum, and the lower stratum. Moreover, a social stratum can be formed upon the bases of kinship, clan, tribe or caste, or all four.

The categorization of people by social strata occurs in all societies, ranging from the complex, state-based or polycentric societies to tribaland feudal societies, which are based upon socio-economic relations among classes of nobility and classes of peasants. Historically, whether or not hunter-gatherer societies can be defined as socially stratified or if social stratification began with agriculture and common acts of social exchange, remains a debated matter in the social sciences. Determining the structures of social stratification arises from inequalities of status among persons, therefore, the degree of social inequality determines a person's social stratum. Generally, the greater the social complexity of a society, the more social strata exist, by way of social differentiation.

Every society was stratified.

In the Middle Ages, there was a definite structure in society. You were born into a class of people and generally stayed in that class for your entire life. Working hard did not change your status. Your clothing, food, marriage, homes, etc., were determined for you. After the rank of king, the hierarchy was the nobles, the knights, the clergy (religious people), the tradesmen and the peasants.

A family surname, or last name, is the part of a person’s name that indicates to what family a person belongs. In the Middle Ages, surnames often were derived from a person’s occupation. Examples include Miller, Smith, Cooper, Fletcher, Driver, Skinner, Tanner, Hunter, etc..

https://westernreservepublicmedia.org/middleages/feud_tradesmen.htm

In Ancient Indian subcontinent (Specifically not India as India was not born yet), too we had this kind of division. It is practiced in certain form even today.

The later justification of Guna based Caste system was a band-aid on a putrified, but still maintained caste system.

Throw in Viswamitra to show that there was mobility within caste, which is a complete lie.

Even today the caste system is the life of normal Indians. Except for some changes taking place in, metro cities and also some of the trades are disappearing. This caste system has nothing to do with guna or profession, it is strictly birth based.
It is even codified in the Indian constitution for reservation purpose.

Take my case:

I am a born brahmin (as both my parents were brahmins).
I was an Engineer so by profession I was shudra.
I am a businessman so I am Vaisya.
I would have joined the army I would be a Kshatriya.

Some in this site call me by other names so I am pariah too.

What caste am I, I really do not know.
I have a little bit of Satwa, a little bit of Rajas, and a little bit of Tamas.

The North American Brahmin society invited me, North American Vaisya society apologized that they
can not invite me.
I became a member of India Association.

There are people in this site who are not born brahmin but have a lot more of Satwa, I think they should be classified as Brahmin, but they are not looking for a handout, so they do not care for labels.

I am sorry to burst your bubble
We may not be the first one, or original
one.

hi

in my case....

i was born in brahmin family....so im brahmin...

i served in the army....so im kshatriya

i work with business....so im vaisya....

i worked as servant .....so im sudra too...

so i did all varnas in this janma toooo....

janmana jayate brhmanaha....karmana tu sudraha...

hi

in my case....

i was born in brahmin family....so im brahmin...

i served in the army....so im kshatriya

i work with business....so im vaisya....

i worked as servant .....so im sudra too...

so i did all varnas in this janma toooo....

janmana jayate brhmanaha....karmana tu sudraha...

:first:

You studied in vedapatsala, and you are good in Sanskrit, So you are much more than mere caste labels.

:first:

You studied in vedapatsala, and you are good in Sanskrit, So you are much more than mere caste labels.
hi sir,

thanks so much ....but being vedapatasala student...im an army veteran tooo...im an army pensioner...its rare for brahmin and

kshatriya character...

Varna of Vedic period seized to exist long back, and in its place came Castes, developed by Govts. with the tag of economics.

A Brahmin can move around various varnas but his economic status is a fixed one, from Govt's point of view.

Hence, castes will stay as long as reservation is in vogue.

dear sir,

the hindu society unlike the other society was divided into varnas based on gunas.

people in the same varna chose to marry among themselves so that the same gunas are passed on through the genes to the progeny and gunas are retained within the community. the intra-varna marriages were nevertheless very healthy

the others, the christian-society, the muslim-society etc, were not intelligent enough to discover this fact and hence were not divided into varnas. it is mostly the people from other non-varna societies, like this harvard scientist, make claims which hardly have rationale.

Surprisingly some though " intelligent" still claim transmigration of soul is not true but some souls are eternally save!

Someone of another religion recently asked me why Hindus say everything is God as in pervaded by God but then go on to divide yourselves on a birth based or Guna based system...then after dividing human beings Hindus proceed to honour a cow and also pray to non human " gods" like a monkey and a snake.
Why so much disconnect in your religion?

Someone of another religion recently asked me why Hindus say everything is God as in pervaded by God but then go on to divide yourselves on a birth based or Guna based system...then after dividing human beings Hindus proceed to honour a cow and also pray to non human " gods" like a monkey and a snake.

This is just "whataboutery" type of argument of that someone of different religion, just as we find many people joining "save the tiger", 'save the puppy", "save the whale", "save your pet" stuff, but also slaughter millions of turkeys on thanks giving day and kill cows, goats, sheep, chicken etc. all through the year.

It does not take even a single moment to realize division of people (logical/illogical, class/caste based, religious/social condition based) has NOTHING to do with praying to a tree, to a stone, to an image or to a formless one. This point of asking why Hindus pray to animals like cow, monkey is to deflect attention from their own irrationality of throwing stones/pebbles at the supposed devil at Mecca , or Abraham throwing seven stones at the disappearing devil or praying to a man who could not save himself. At least in that respect Hinduism is better off in that God/s of popular narrative have been victors and not the vanquished like in some instances of other religion and it is left to the said religionists to protect their Gods.

The very concept of PBUH is funny but then we never rise to question these types of stupidity. An irrational stuff is ab initio irrational whether by a Hindu or by anyone else.

Did u not ask that 'someone' whether Abrahamic Religions are free of divisions and are not fighting each other for supremacy and sometimes for nothing?

Zebra's reply has validity and can be shown to the 'someone'. He may relish or even switch over.

Dear Renu,

I attended a wedding in our friend's family, who belong to another religion.

One group was refused bread and wine ( body and blood of their Lord!) when distributed.

Please tell that 'someone' that divisions exist in every faith! :decision:

Did u not ask that 'someone' whether Abrahamic Religions are free of divisions and are not fighting each other for supremacy and sometimes for nothing?

Zebra's reply has validity and can be shown to the 'someone'. He may relish or even switch over.

I didnt tell or ask anything..I just heard the person.
The person proceeded to ask " why do you even stay in such a religion?"

To which I replied " to you yours to me mine..no.compulsion in religion"

Well..if you quote their text..they cant argue anymore! Lol

Though all Religions have their grey areas and dark shades, Hindus generally are not retaliating or expose the black spots of other Religions, whenever Hinduism is questioned or criticized. Hindus are very submissive.

Are dietary restrictions the main reason?

All Hindus are NOT vegetarians!

Many Brahmins have started eating non-veg stuff.

So, diet may have nothing to do with submissive nature of the Hindus.

BTW, tambrahms accept intercast sons in law and daughters in law more

easily than other Hindus! We hear about many honour killings by non-brahms,

when their son / daughter choose the spouse from a very low caste.

Though all Religions have their grey areas and dark shades, Hindus generally are not retaliating or expose the black spots of other Religions, whenever Hinduism is questioned or criticized. Hindus are very submissive.

Are dietary restrictions the main reason?

I might be a vegetarian but that doesn't mean I am submissive.

At times one does not need to retaliate to win a debate.

I merely quoted the person's text and the person had to remain silent.

My aim is never to find fault with any religion as each religion has rites and rituals of their own...even though I might not agree with most of it.

Some stone the Devil and and some burn the effigy of Ravan...so what is the big difference?

This is just human psychology of "Good triumphs over Evil"

Some call others with various shades of Gunas and even attach a Gene theory to it..and others choose to call some others Kafirs/Infidels.

Some choose to worship a person who died on their cross and so,others feel he couldnt save himself but at the same time the act of King Sibi is seen as a sacrifice for Dharma...Dadhichi too is extolled for his sacrifice.

Some feel they need to say PBUH to wish well for their messenger..others fall on the feet of Gurus and worship their Alwars...What does Om Shanti Shanti Shanthih mean? Peace Peace Peace.

It all depends how we look at it..each person feels they are right and the other religion is wrong.

I left that sort of thinking long back not too sure if I ever had too much of it before but I might come down harsh on my own religious practices if I feel it is unfair to us Hindus cos as a Hindu I know we have our grey matter intact to changes to delete and improvise our religion...a function which is not always welcomed in any other religion.

So my submissiveness has nothing got to do with me being vegetarian..cos I am still skilled and trained to detached a human body piece by piece.

Last edited:
All Hindus are NOT vegetarians!

Many Brahmins have started eating non-veg stuff.

So, diet may have nothing to do with submissive nature of the Hindus.

BTW, tambrahms accept intercast sons in law and daughters in law more

easily than other Hindus! We hear about many honour killings by non-brahms,

when their son / daughter choose the spouse from a very low caste.

Tambrahms accept inter caste marriages easily may be due to 1. inherent cawardness and 2. lack of support from community.

Honour killings may not be proper but it exhibits how serious is the community in protecting the image.

Do Tambrahms accept wholeheartedly IR marriages? No but there is no other way.

Dietary restrictions of considerable period, coupled with relating each and everything to God and Fate might have forced the community to accept silently without fight.

I might be a vegetarian but that doesn't mean I am submissive.

At times one does not need to retaliate to win a debate.

So my submissiveness has nothing got to do with me being vegetarian..cos I am still skilled and trained to detached a human body piece by piece.

Well said Renuka.

Last edited:

My comment on dietary restrictions relates to facing issues which either affects the family of a person relating to marriage or the community as a whole, when it is subjected to humiliation, without any fear and even ready to sacrifice one's life, which we often come across from some religious groups. There is no need to bring 'skill' or 'talent' here. With mere brain power, you cannot achieve everything, since the subject pertains to braveness physical power is necessary, which may have connection with diet.

Are Brahmins who serve in the Military taking only Veg.diet? Is it compulsion or necessary when they change it?

My comment on dietary restrictions relates to facing issues which either affects the family of a person relating to marriage or the community as a whole, when it is subjected to humiliation, without any fear and even ready to sacrifice one's life, which we often come across from some religious groups. There is no need to bring 'skill' or 'talent' here. With mere brain power, you cannot achieve everything, since the subject pertains to braveness physical power is necessary, which may have connection with diet.

Are Brahmins who serve in the Military taking only Veg.diet? Is it compulsion or necessary when they change it?

hi

i served in military for 16 yrs...i was vegetarian in my service....food is choice....no compulsions....but options are more...some

JATT regiments pure veg too...but meat is easily available....i saw many brahmins used to drink/meat in military...

What strength gave Abrahamic Religions spread across the globe - Physical or Mental?

What strength gave Abrahamic Religions spread across the globe - Physical or Mental?

It was neither physical strength nor mental strength that caused Abrahamic religions's spread. The strongest man on earth cant
fight and win against cheetah, the weakest of the big cats' family. Man cant even subdue the zebras, wild asses and giraffes, the herbivorous varieties of the fauna. The strongest army could not subdue the spirits of hill tribes' like Gurkhas who because of the formidable physical conditions that they have to endure were mentally too strong for the white.

It was equipment (translated as technology in modern times), barbarism and cunning which caused other civilizations to crumble.
The discovery/invention of gun powder and the ability to strike at forts and other installations from a long distance with devastating effect caused other civilizations to cave in.

Even then they could not kill all the natives of the conquered territory like they did to the aboriginals in Australia or the Red Indian tribes of Americas and so they caused panic and struck terror in the minds of the natives forcing them to capitulate.

It was neither physical strength nor mental strength that caused Abrahamic religions's spread. The strongest man on earth cant
fight and win against cheetah, the weakest of the big cats' family. Man cant even subdue the zebras, wild asses and giraffes, the herbivorous varieties of the fauna. The strongest army could not subdue the spirits of hill tribes' like Gurkhas who because of the formidable physical conditions that they have to endure were mentally too strong for the white.

It was equipment (translated as technology in modern times), barbarism and cunning which caused other civilizations to crumble.
The discovery/invention of gun powder and the ability to strike at forts and other installations from a long distance with devastating effect caused other civilizations to cave in.

Even then they could not kill all the natives of the conquered territory like they did to the aboriginals in Australia or the Red Indian tribes of Americas and so they caused panic and struck terror in the minds of the natives forcing them to capitulate.

Zebraji, Without disagreeing with what you have written, i think the continuing survival and even flourishing of these religions is a result of their success in capturing people's minds. So the mental aspect cannot be overlooked. For example, take the case of destruction the ISIS brought on Yazidis; unthinkable for us, but you can see widespread sympathy for Islam even more than what you see for the Yazidi people. At best, people would condemn what ISIS did but would never fail to add that ISIS does not represent true Islam etc When it comes to criticising excesses of these religions people tend to equivocate. Such is the power of propaganda. This propaganda is possible through money and power. That is all that matters in the end, i guess.

Latest ads

Back