Tamil Brahmins
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Alternatively, consider donating to keep the site up. Donations are accepted via PayPal & via NEFT. Details on how to donate can be found at here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Intercaste marriages

0 Not allowed!
    Intercaste marriages are good for the health of Indians. As per the Harward Scientist's claim in his recent book "Who we are and how we got here" , under the chapters about India, he says that certain types of genetic diseases arise because of endogamy- either because people marry close relatives or they have decended from common ancestors. The survey says south Indian states have higher inter caste marriages rate . Around 70 generations ago , Indians stopped inter caste marrying and created endogenous group.
    Source : Nitin Pai @Director , Taksha shila institution
    Last edited by vijiseeni; 21-09-2018 at 01:01 AM.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vijiseeni View Post
    Intercaste marriages are good for the health of Indians. As per the Harward Scientist's claim in his recent book "Who we are and how we got here" , under the chapters about India, he says that certain types of genetic diseases arise because of endogamy- either because people marry close relatives or they have decrnded from common ancestors. The survey says south Indian states have higher inter caste marriages rate . Around 70 generations ago , Indians stopped inter marrying and created endogenous group.
    Source : Nitin Pai @Director , Taksha shila institution
    dear sir,

the hindu society unlike the other society was divided into varnas based on gunas.

people in the same varna chose to marry among themselves so that the same gunas are passed on through the genes to the progeny and gunas are retained within the community. the intra-varna marriages were nevertheless very healthy

the others, the christian-society, the muslim-society etc, were not intelligent enough to discover this fact and hence were not divided into varnas. it is mostly the people from other non-varna societies, like this harvard scientist, make claims which hardly have rationale.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

2 Not allowed!
    We have discussed inter-caste marriage so many times that there is fatigue among senior members.
    So I am not going into that topic.

Social stratification
    is a kind of social differentiation whereby a society groups people into socioeconomic strata, based upon their occupation and income, wealth and social status, or derived power (social and political). As such, stratification is the relative social position of persons within a social group, category, geographic region, or social unit.

In modern Western societies, social stratification typically is distinguished as three social classes: (i) the upper class, (ii) the middle class, and (iii) the lower class; in turn, each class can be subdivided into strata, e.g. the upper-stratum, the middle-stratum, and the lower stratum. Moreover, a social stratum can be formed upon the bases of kinship, clan, tribe or caste, or all four.

The categorization of people by social strata occurs in all societies, ranging from the complex, state-based or polycentric societies to tribaland feudal societies, which are based upon socio-economic relations among classes of nobility and classes of peasants. Historically, whether or not hunter-gatherer societies can be defined as socially stratified or if social stratification began with agriculture and common acts of social exchange, remains a debated matter in the social sciences. Determining the structures of social stratification arises from inequalities of status among persons, therefore, the degree of social inequality determines a person's social stratum. Generally, the greater the social complexity of a society, the more social strata exist, by way of social differentiation.

Every society was stratified.

In the Middle Ages, there was a definite structure in society. You were born into a class of people and generally stayed in that class for your entire life. Working hard did not change your status. Your clothing, food, marriage, homes, etc., were determined for you. After the rank of king, the hierarchy was the nobles, the knights, the clergy (religious people), the tradesmen and the peasants.

A family surname, or last name, is the part of a person’s name that indicates to what family a person belongs. In the Middle Ages, surnames often were derived from a person’s occupation. Examples include Miller, Smith, Cooper, Fletcher, Driver, Skinner, Tanner, Hunter, etc..

https://westernreservepublicmedia.or..._tradesmen.htm

In Ancient Indian subcontinent (Specifically not India as India was not born yet), too we had this kind of division. It is practiced in certain form even today.

The later justification of Guna based Caste system was a band-aid on a putrified, but still maintained caste system.

Throw in Viswamitra to show that there was mobility within caste, which is a complete lie.

Even today the caste system is the life of normal Indians. Except for some changes taking place in, metro cities and also some of the trades are disappearing. This caste system has nothing to do with guna or profession, it is strictly birth based.
    It is even codified in the Indian constitution for reservation purpose.

Take my case:

I am a born brahmin (as both my parents were brahmins).
    I was an Engineer so by profession I was shudra.
    I am a businessman so I am Vaisya.
    I would have joined the army I would be a Kshatriya.

Some in this site call me by other names so I am pariah too.

What caste am I, I really do not know.
    I have a little bit of Satwa, a little bit of Rajas, and a little bit of Tamas.

The North American Brahmin society invited me, North American Vaisya society apologized that they
    can not invite me.
    I became a member of India Association.

There are people in this site who are not born brahmin but have a lot more of Satwa, I think they should be classified as Brahmin, but they are not looking for a handout, so they do not care for labels.

I am sorry to burst your bubble
    We may not be the first one, or original
    intelligent
    one.

Last edited by prasad1; 20-09-2018 at 09:15 PM.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prasad1 View Post
    We have discussed inter-caste marriage so many times that there is fatigue among senior members.
    So I am not going into that topic.

Social stratification
    is a kind of social differentiation whereby a society groups people into socioeconomic strata, based upon their occupation and income, wealth and social status, or derived power (social and political). As such, stratification is the relative social position of persons within a social group, category, geographic region, or social unit.

In modern Western societies, social stratification typically is distinguished as three social classes: (i) the upper class, (ii) the middle class, and (iii) the lower class; in turn, each class can be subdivided into strata, e.g. the upper-stratum, the middle-stratum, and the lower stratum. Moreover, a social stratum can be formed upon the bases of kinship, clan, tribe or caste, or all four.

The categorization of people by social strata occurs in all societies, ranging from the complex, state-based or polycentric societies to tribaland feudal societies, which are based upon socio-economic relations among classes of nobility and classes of peasants. Historically, whether or not hunter-gatherer societies can be defined as socially stratified or if social stratification began with agriculture and common acts of social exchange, remains a debated matter in the social sciences. Determining the structures of social stratification arises from inequalities of status among persons, therefore, the degree of social inequality determines a person's social stratum. Generally, the greater the social complexity of a society, the more social strata exist, by way of social differentiation.

Every society was stratified.

In the Middle Ages, there was a definite structure in society. You were born into a class of people and generally stayed in that class for your entire life. Working hard did not change your status. Your clothing, food, marriage, homes, etc., were determined for you. After the rank of king, the hierarchy was the nobles, the knights, the clergy (religious people), the tradesmen and the peasants.

A family surname, or last name, is the part of a person’s name that indicates to what family a person belongs. In the Middle Ages, surnames often were derived from a person’s occupation. Examples include Miller, Smith, Cooper, Fletcher, Driver, Skinner, Tanner, Hunter, etc..

https://westernreservepublicmedia.or..._tradesmen.htm

In Ancient Indian subcontinent (Specifically not India as India was not born yet), too we had this kind of division. It is practiced in certain form even today.

The later justification of Guna based Caste system was a band-aid on a putrified, but still maintained caste system.

Throw in Viswamitra to show that there was mobility within caste, which is a complete lie.

Even today the caste system is the life of normal Indians. Except for some changes taking place in, metro cities and also some of the trades are disappearing. This caste system has nothing to do with guna or profession, it is strictly birth based.
    It is even codified in the Indian constitution for reservation purpose.

Take my case:

I am a born brahmin (as both my parents were brahmins).
    I was an Engineer so by profession I was shudra.
    I am a businessman so I am Vaisya.
    I would have joined the army I would be a Kshatriya.

Some in this site call me by other names so I am pariah too.

What caste am I, I really do not know.
    I have a little bit of Satwa, a little bit of Rajas, and a little bit of Tamas.

The North American Brahmin society invited me, North American Vaisya society apologized that they
    can not invite me.
    I became a member of India Association.

There are people in this site who are not born brahmin but have a lot more of Satwa, I think they should be classified as Brahmin, but they are not looking for a handout, so they do not care for labels.

I am sorry to burst your bubble
    We may not be the first one, or original
    one.

hi

in my case....

i was born in brahmin family....so im brahmin...

i served in the army....so im kshatriya

i work with business....so im vaisya....

i worked as servant .....so im sudra too...

so i did all varnas in this janma toooo....

janmana jayate brhmanaha....karmana tu sudraha...
    asato maa sadh gamayaa, tamaso maa jyotir
    gamayaa, mrityor maa amritham gamayaaa..
    om shanti, om shanti, om shanti...upanishad
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tbs View Post
    hi

in my case....

i was born in brahmin family....so im brahmin...

i served in the army....so im kshatriya

i work with business....so im vaisya....

i worked as servant .....so im sudra too...

so i did all varnas in this janma toooo....

janmana jayate brhmanaha....karmana tu sudraha...

You studied in vedapatsala, and you are good in Sanskrit, So you are much more than mere caste labels.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prasad1 View Post

You studied in vedapatsala, and you are good in Sanskrit, So you are much more than mere caste labels.
    hi sir,

thanks so much ....but being vedapatasala student...im an army veteran tooo...im an army pensioner...its rare for brahmin and

kshatriya character...
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    dear sri prasad and tbs,

both of your posts nullify the validity of varnashrama dharma.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Varna of Vedic period seized to exist long back, and in its place came Castes, developed by Govts. with the tag of economics.

A Brahmin can move around various varnas but his economic status is a fixed one, from Govt's point of view.

Hence, castes will stay as long as reservation is in vogue.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    hi

all varnashramas based on high school certificate/caste certificate issued by govt ...
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GNANA SUNYAM View Post
    dear sir,

the hindu society unlike the other society was divided into varnas based on gunas.

people in the same varna chose to marry among themselves so that the same gunas are passed on through the genes to the progeny and gunas are retained within the community. the intra-varna marriages were nevertheless very healthy

the others, the christian-society, the muslim-society etc, were not intelligent enough to discover this fact and hence were not divided into varnas. it is mostly the people from other non-varna societies, like this harvard scientist, make claims which hardly have rationale.
    Surprisingly some though " intelligent" still claim transmigration of soul is not true but some souls are eternally save!
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast