• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sahasranamam and clever carbon

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAHASRANAMAM AND CLEVER CARBON:

In an earlier posting on Vishnusahasranamam, I mentioned that the “Makaaram” M of AUM is interpreted as Intellect or “Jeevatma, whose sustenance, HE takes care of and,ultimately, by negating each one of the Vasanas, the foot prints of the past thoughts and actions, the Jeevan identifies itself as Brahman, one of the three Mahavakyas, “Tat Twam Asi”

Carbon is the third most common element in our body. Carbon is the party animal of the atomic world, latching on to many other atoms, forming molecules of heavy robustness, building proteins, aminoacids and DNAs. This would therefore explain the sustenance of Jeevatma and its relationship with carbon.

There are twelve namavalis starting with “Chatut” in Sri Vishnusahasranama and 12 is the atomic number of Carbon. Chatur can be interpreted as four and also as clever.
  • Chaturatma, four manifestations of clever and intelligent Atman,
  • Chaturvyuha, four forms of marshalling the four arms of the army,
  • Chaturdhamshtra, four canine teeth as in Narasimha Avatar,
  • Chaturbujah, with four shoulders,
  • Chaturmoortaye ,Four appearances,
  • Chaturbahu ,with four hands,
  • Chaturvyuhah, as sareera purusha ,chanda purusha, veda purusha and maha purusha,
  • Chaturgataye, one who acts as the sanctuary who follow the dharmas of the four Varanams and four Ashramas.
  • Chaturaatmane, appearing in four forms namely body, mind, intellect and chitta,
  • Chaturbhaavaaya, cause for the four purushartas, namelyDharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha,
  • Chaturvedavite, understanding the meaning of all the four Vedas,
  • Chaturasra, bestowing the karmaphala to the individuals.
Let us see the relation to carbon and the number four and the adjective “Clever”. Carbon has four shoulders and four arms---in association with Oxygen, in association with Hydrogen, in association with Nitrogen and Oxygen and in association with Hydrogen and Nitrogen.
Carbon in its pure form occurs as coal, graphite and diamond
What are its four arms and four forms?

*In Organic chemistry,Carbon and Hydrogen combine together to form the whole hydrocarbon chain, oil and Natural gas., petrochemicals, polyesters, plastics etc It also occurs in four phases,namely solid, liquid, gas and condensate.
* In biochemistry, Carbon, Nitrogen and Oxygen combine together to form the amino acids, proteins and cells.
* In Inorganic chemistry, Carbon and Oxygen combine to form CO2 ,CO etc. Though they are considered as harmful, they combine with other elements to maintain a balanced carbon cycle. Photosynthesis is well known to bear a repetition here.
* In combination with inert nitrogen, Carbon forms hydrocyanic acid, the deadliest poison.

These four arms and four shoulders do indeed act like the four canine teeth of the lion of Narasimha avatar.
Carbon is very clever to play either its own individual role, or combine with the lightest element hydrogen and two other elements in two adjacent houses in the periodic table, namely Nitrogen and Oxygen, either singly or in combination, either to create the world and the life in it or to kill them. What a glorious way of worshipping the manifested nature of the Lord!
As Fullerene, Carbon is going to be the future most sought after element .For more interesting details pl read through the text of Vishnusahasranamam posted in the forum “Literature” in this web site.

Dr S Ramanathan

Last edited by a moderator:
SAHASRANAMAM AND CLEVER CARBON:

In an earlier posting on Vishnusahasranamam, I mentioned that the “Makaaram” M of AUM is interpreted as Intellect or “Jeevatma, whose sustenance, HE takes care of and,ultimately, by negating each one of the Vasanas, the foot prints of the past thoughts and actions, the Jeevan identifies itself as Brahman, one of the three Mahavakyas, “Tat Twam Asi”

Carbon is the third most common element in our body. Carbon is the party animal of the atomic world, latching on to many other atoms, forming molecules of heavy robustness, building proteins, aminoacids and DNAs. This would therefore explain the sustenance of Jeevatma and its relationship with carbon.

There are twelve namavalis starting with “Chatut” in Sri Vishnusahasranama and 12 is the atomic number of Carbon. Chatur can be interpreted as four and also as clever.
Chaturatma, four manifestations of clever and intelligent Atman,

Chaturvyuha, four forms of marshalling the four arms of the army,

Chaturdhamshtra, four canine teeth as in Narasimha Avatar,

Chaturbujah, with four shoulders,

Chaturmoortaye ,Four appearances,

Chaturbahu ,with four hands,

Chaturvyuhah, as sareera purusha ,chanda purusha, veda purusha and maha purusha,

Chaturgataye, one who acts as the sanctuary who follow the dharmas of the four Varanams and four Ashramas.

Chaturaatmane, appearing in four forms namely body, mind, intellect and chitta,

Chaturbhaavaaya, cause for the four purushartas, namelyDharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha,

Chaturvedavite, understanding the meaning of all the four Vedas,

Chaturasra, bestowing the karmaphala to the individuals.

Let us see the relation to carbon and the number four and the adjective “Clever”. Carbon has four shoulders and four arms---in association with Oxygen, in association with Hydrogen, in association with Nitrogen and Oxygen and in association with Hydrogen and Nitrogen.
Carbon in its pure form occurs as coal, graphite and diamond
What are its four arms and four forms?

In Organic chemistry,Carbon and Hydrogen combine together to form the whole hydrocarbon chain, oil and Natural gas., petrochemicals, polyesters, plastics etc It also occurs in four phases,namely solid, liquid, gas and condensate.

In biochemistry, Carbon, Nitrogen and Oxygen combine together to form the amino acids, proteins and cells.

In Inorganic chemistry, Carbon and Oxygen combine to form CO2 ,CO etc. Though they are considered as harmful, they combine with other elements to maintain a balanced carbon cycle. Photosynthesis is well known to bear a repetition here.

In combination with inert nitrogen, Carbon forms hydrocyanic acid, the deadliest poison.

These four arms and four shoulders do indeed act like the four canine teeth of the lion of Narasimha avatar.
Carbon is very clever to play either its own individual role, or combine with the lightest element hydrogen and two other elements in two adjacent houses in the periodic table, namely Nitrogen and Oxygen, either singly or in combination, either to create the world and the life in it or to kill them. What a glorious way of worshipping the manifested nature of the Lord!
As Fullerene, Carbon is going to be the future most sought after element .For more interesting details pl read through the text of Vishnusahasranamam posted in the forum “Literature” in this web site.

Dear all,
My first posting got garbled up due to some mistake and, therefore, I have repeated it in a second posting. I request the readers to ignore the first and go through the second posting.
You will appreciate the importance of Carbon, the despised element of today because of climate warnings.
Regards and respects,
Ramanathan.

Dear Dr Renuka,
I saw the reference you have mentioned about Carbon and its spiritual aspect, The valency of four is linked to the four spiritual symbols of AUM, SWASTIKA, ALPHA and KUMBHA. This is certainly a valuable information., particularly in explaining the word Chatur in Vishnusahasranamam, as the four arms of Vishnu,
But, I have dwelt with a little deeper in my book of Vishnusahasranamam on Carbon, as representing the Makaaram of AUM, the valency four and the atomic weight 12, the word Chatur getting repeated twelve times in the Sahasranamam. I feel the role of carbon is very succintly and cleverly praised in Vishnusahasranamam than is overtly visible.
I expected a lot more viewers to have a look at this posting and the relevant portions of the book and react, but, I must admit I am a little disappointed. Perhaps, I am not lucid enough.
Regards and Respects,
Ramanathan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back