• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

அப்பாவின் கண்ணாடி [ சுஜாதா ]...[ tvk ]

அன்னையும், தந்தையும்!

ஆடை ஆபரணங்கள் பெண்களே அணிவதால்,
சோடை போகாது அவருக்குப் பின் அவைகள்!

பங்கு போட்டுக்கொள்ள மகளும், மருமகளும்;
தாங்கள் தந்த பரிசுகளின் உரிமை அவருக்கே!

சிறந்த ஒற்றைக் கல் வைர மூக்குத்தி இருப்பின்,
பறந்து வருவான் பேரன், மோதிரமாக்கி அணிய!

தந்தை அணிவது எளிய உடைகள்! அவருக்குச்
சிந்தையிலும் தோன்றாது தங்கத்திலே ஆசை!

அவர் அணிந்த உடைகள் தருமமாகப் போகும்!
அவரிடம் விலை உயர்வாக என்ன இருக்கும்?

அப்பா 'சென்டிமன்ட்' இருப்பவரே பாதுகாப்பார்,
அப்பா அணிந்த கண்ணடியும், கைக் கடிகாரமும்!

:pout:

திரு சுஜாதா அவர்கள் இதை எழதியது.. அவருக்கு தெரிந்த ஒருவரின் வீட்டில் நடந்த நிகழ்சிகளை வைத்து..

Tvk

This travelouge may be of interest for Sujatha fans!

"Tiger Zinda Hai was shot here" Our Tiger has not resurrected yet!

Todays mail From my son holidaying in Greece-

My worlds are colliding, again, seinfeld style, on this trip! Was going to go check out the temple of Diony tusus in Naxos, and just read this piece from the tamil travelogue I am just reading (For those who don't read Tamil - the author, Sujatha, travels to Pazhani, near my home town, and he claims that the worship there is akin to Dionysus worship of the ancient Greeks)

On second thoughts, there isnt much of Dionysus remaining here, neither the temple, only ruins, nor the worship, overtaken since by christianity,...so might skip it all and join the sun worshippers at the beach!

This is still the talk of the Town..this was the first thing our landlord mentioned...he was kind of disappointed that we never heard of it... (Just now googled it and
realized that it was shot in the temple of Appollo that we visited yesterday!)

View attachment 6592

https://greece.greekreporter.com/20...aches-120-million-views-in-less-than-a-month/

Sri. V. Jayaprakash's acting is always very natural.

I am his fan! :D

In this short film also, he is the BEST! :thumb:

From Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2013/jul/12/greek-islands-small-cyclades

In the Odyssey, Ariadne's journey to Naxos was rather different. Her father, King Minos of Crete had smashed the Athenians in battle and forced them to give up their young men and women as regular sacrifices to the terrifying half man/half bull Minotaur. Then Theseus arrived, posing as a victim but on a mission to slay the Minotaur. Falling in love with him at first sight, Ariadne supplied Theseus with a sword and a ball of wool for finding his way back out of the labyrinth. But Theseus, once his mission was accomplished, dumped Ariadne and left her stranded on Naxos. Some versions have a happier ending, where she becomes the bride of Dionysus, the anarchic god of wine.

I recently read an excellent book
An Odyssey – a father, a son and Homer’s epic by Daniel Mendelsohn Guardian Book Review [again depicting Father Son relationship in Odyssey as well relationship between father who is attending a class on Odyssey taught by his son]
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...a-son-and-an-epic-by-daniel-mendelsohn-review

Latest ads

Back