• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Letter to my kerala friend

Good morning friend!
Thank you for forwarding the Chennai friend's message. It's 100% right. Here there is a Tamil phrase. That is 'An experience education will teach lessons rather than the school not!

Kerala the state has been in a repeated experience of the calamity by the flood and Nipah as well. From that ironical experiences, the people learned the lesson what you said they know the way to protect them first and also how to rescue people. The people have started the rescue centers as earlier before availing the aid from the Central Government. It is true!

In general, the disasters might be identified into two different sections. One is the natural calamity, and another one is human error. Natural calamity is difficult to avoid. At present, what happened to you. Secondly, the human errors. Like experienced to us three years before. By the way, avoiding the human errors, we can safeguard us. But unfortunately, we missed to alerting the people in Chennai before opening the shutters. For example, at a given time, not the opening of shutters at the Chembarampakam lake in Chennai would leave the great losses.

Whatever it is, I regret this tragedy for the Kerala brothers and sisters. I appreciated them for knowing the lessons from the past events by that handled these situations correctly.

Finally, am going to end this by saying what our saint Thiruvalluvar has said.

435. வருமுன்னர்க் காவாதான் வாழ்க்கை எரிமுன்னர்

வைத்தூறு போலக் கெடும்.

Translation :

His joy who guards not 'gainst the coming evil day,

Like straw before the fire shall swift consume away.

Explanation :

The prosperity of him who does not timely guard against faults, will perish like straw before fire.

Translation by Rev. Dr. G. U. Pope, Rev W. H. Drew,Rev. John Lazarus and Mr F. W. Ellis

Your loving friend

P.Sivashanmugam

Austin.TX. U.S.A.

A sensible message...A great relief to read logic in words.

Elsewhere in Facebook some over the top extremists were writing that the floods in Kerala were becos of Karma of cow slaughter in Kerala..it.was sickening to read such comments that had compassion from fellow humans.

Thank you for your kind response. Kerala people are very aware of the past experiences. The lessons were they learned from the past experiences are now helping to restore themselves from this calamity were ever seen. I never say all these flood furies happened in the Kerala state because of the practicing of their cow slaughter. I don't want to interfere with their beliefs. I am not convinced the reason to say for that the women were allowed to go into the Ayyappa temple as well.

Over indulgence in defying the ecological patterns in creation both in nature and in humans result in destruction of order of Dharma (upholding natural law). What we see today in Kerala and Coorg is just a mild warning of the creator. Nothing in creation can act independently. Everything is interconnected for survival. If we destroy this inter connectivity, like destruction of forests , water bodies and atmosphere, or indiscriminate misuse of natural resources, then the Nature rebels with equal force.

For me Religion is codification of natural and moral law in the name of God, an unseen power to guide us to lead orderly life.

Kerala (Malabar region) has experienced such massive floods twice. Once before in 1341AD by the change of Course of Periyar river, which destroyed the ancient port of Muzris or Kodungallur and the second is recorded in 1924 (known as Great flood of 1099 Malayalam Era.) This happened due to the breach of Mullai- Periyar dam. This year also it happened in end of July and August months like previous floods.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

hi

every year this is rainy season before.....its called KARKADAKA MAZHA in malayalam...i used go through this kind of rainy season

in my childhood school days....but i think some kind of sri AYYAPPA effect in this season now...kerala has to learn from this

kind of tragedies...

I am surprised, rather pained to see the unprecedented floods in Kerala is being linked to religious punishment. It is unfair to link the deluge to case before SC to allow women in the Holy abode of Swami Ayyappan, in Sabarimala.

It is my strong belief no God will punish its own children for a biological occurrence in its own creation.

In fact in Chengannur Mahadevar Temple, Kerala, the main festival is connected to the menstruation of goddess Parvathy devi and is known as thriputharattu. Shiva and Parvathy are the main deities of this temple.

Once the devi became "triputhu" , the chief priest of the temple will not come to the sanctum sanctorum of devi. He will offer pooja to Shiva. The Sabarimala tantri or the priest deployed by the tantri will offer poojas to devi kept separately for four days.

Temples follow Agama Sastra their daily rituals. If Sabarimala follow their Agamas to perform the daily rituals, it is their responsibility to do so. Any lapse in it will affect the persons responsible and not the entire State.!

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Thank you for your kind response. Kerala people are very aware of the past experiences. The lessons were they learned from the past experiences are now helping to restore themselves from this calamity were ever seen. I never say all these flood furies happened in the Kerala state because of the practicing of their cow slaughter. I don't want to interfere with their beliefs. I am not convinced the reason to say for that the women were allowed to go into the Ayyappa temple as well.

It is none other than independent MLA PC George who linked the floods with "deivakopam" due to the demand from certain quarters that menstruating women should be allowed entry into "mala".

It is none other than independent MLA PC George who linked the floods with "deivakopam" due to the demand from certain quarters that menstruating women should be allowed entry into "mala".

One day a Sooran (demon) drove into captivity of Brama's wife Saraswathi along with the Earth. This outrage Brahma immediately took the piggy incarnation and went under the sea to redeem her. He killed the demon and brought Sarasvati along with the earth. It's a myth. It's a bit of wishful thinking. Can the earth be rolled up when it is covered by the sea? So how can the sea separate by the earth whether the earth has the sea itself? The earth is dwarf itself. If, we try to find out the answer certainly it should be left as unanswered questions. Like that there are various kinds of believers were following different religions and all living on the earth. Where mentioned above the earth contains the sea itself. How the question raised against the myth as not separated the sea from the earth here the people following various religious faiths couldn't separate as well.
The fact is like this, then why the God differentiate them as Hindu, Muslim, and Christian? Similar Kerala events. If God's curse that allowed women into the Ayyappan temple, why did it leave the other three districts and sink the remaining 14 districts?

Last edited:
One day a Sooran (demon) drove into captivity of Brama's wife Saraswathi along with the Earth. This outrage Brahma immediately took the piggy incarnation and went under the sea to redeem her. He killed the demon and brought Sarasvati along with the earth. It's a myth. It's a bit of wishful thinking. Can the earth be rolled up when it is covered by the sea? So how can the sea separate by the earth whether the earth has the sea itself? The earth is dwarf itself. If, we try to find out the answer certainly it should be left as unanswered questions. Like that there are various kinds of believers were following different religions and all living on the earth. Where mentioned above the earth contains the sea itself. How the question raised against the myth as not separated the sea from the earth here the people following various religious faiths couldn't separate as well.
The fact is like this, then why the God differentiate them as Hindu, Muslim, and Christian? Similar Kerala events. If God's curse that allowed women into the Ayyappan temple, why did it leave the other three districts and sink the remaining 13 districts?
hi

in all 13 districts....mainly muslim/christian district suffered more than other districts....if you know kerala geography with religious/

communism history ...we can analysis easily...

017-.jpg018-.jpg

​20016 ஆம் ஆண்டு நடந்த எங்கள் இளைய செல்வன் அவர்களின் திருமண புகைப்படங்கள்.

Dear Shan Sir,

Is it possible to share 'that' link?

Thanks. :)

Dear Raji Ram
I hope you've read the messages I sent. You heard the Brahman legend. Small fix. Not Brahma. Vishnu. Saraswati is not. Bhoomidevi. This is the story of Naragasran.
Do not have the web address. please.

Last edited:
No speculation on whether the Kerala floods are due to the deivakopam of flouting the traditions of Ayyappan temple.

However in general, we have extensive religious literature and interpretations on curses coming true in our ancient texts.

Most know that the Egyptians believed in curses big time and they have curses believed to be protecting all their monuments even today.

Many folk songs across india talk extensively of curses coming true and affecting many families and regions.

Given this, and that we still don't understand the powers of conciousness and Beyond, it is better to be prudent,

One is always better off avoiding the curses of other people and the poor.

On the Sabarimala temple case, many priests and a lot of people were deeply angry and upset by those flouting the traditions and that is never good. No point in pushing change that has no welfare impact for people at large.

Latest ads

Back