• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

MANTRAS -Invoker of Inner Strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
In sanskrit, "MAN" means "Mind" "TRA" means "Freeing"

So Mantras are a sure means to free your mind of all all redundant
and evil thoughts, so that you are on the right track to make Life more purposeful.

Robin S. Sharma, author of "The Monk who sold his Ferrari", calls Mantras your best companion. It keeps you busy & your mind free of Evil thoughts. The magic on the reciters mind is instant and soothing.

If ever, you are in a situation where you are sacred for your Life, Mantras will give you enough courage & strength to cast aside any kind of fear perception.

Mantras have the power to Keep you confident & cheerful. When you feel down and out, recite the Mantras of your choice.

Your mind invokes your inner strength to overpower all kinds of depressive thoughts and lets you come out a Winner. Once that happens, you are in a position to think of more beautiful aspects of Life and will find Happiness.

Gurus tell us that the Limit you have is the Limit you impose on your self. You are what you think.You become what you think. You can by reciting Mantras.

That clearly shows the power of words in the Mantras. Mantras are nothing but a combination of words that you can coin on your own to suit your individual needs or recite the existing Mantras to suit your situation.

Repeat your favourite Mantras a Hundred Times, A thousand times whenever you feel the enemy within you is threatening you. It's your mind that is reflected on your face, and your mind is influenced by words.

In times of crisis, if you can assure and reassure yourself that you can overcome a problem, then you can, definetely can.

As they say Faith moves Mountains. Your mind too has the capacity
to deal and overcome any kind of possible adversity. But these capabilities have to be invoked,nutured and made use of fully.

The problem with most of us is that We undermine our own capabilities. Haven't the sages and scriptures told us to create a beautiful "outside" , For that We have to first create a beautiful "Inside" within our innerself. And that perfeectly within our reach and capacity.

Mantras and the words coined in it will help us achieve that.

The chief teaching of Bhagavad geetha is " Jnanayoga"
Jananayoga means self knowledge or Wisdom.It is this knowledge and self knowledge that can alone remove our deep rooted ignorance which is the main cause for all types of miseries.

Mantras helps us achieve "Jananayoga"

---Coutesy " Sadguru Blessings" A magazine of His Holiness Sri Sri
Swayamprakasha Sachinananda saraswathi Mahaswami of Hariharapura,
Sringeri. Sree Math, Hariharapura. Pin 577120. Chickmaglore Dist,
Karnataka.Ph: 08265274122/274039; Website: www.hariharapura.org
E-mail: [email protected].

This is a holy place where ADISANKARA installed his SRI CHAKRA and c is connected to Sringeri.

In sanskrit, "MAN" means "Mind" "TRA" means "Freeing"

So Mantras are a sure means to free your mind of all all redundant
and evil thoughts, so that you are on the right track to make Life more purposeful.

Robin S. Sharma, author of "The Monk who sold his Ferrari", calls Mantras your best companion. It keeps you busy & your mind free of Evil thoughts. The magic on the reciters mind is instant and soothing.

If ever, you are in a situation where you are sacred for your Life, Mantras will give you enough courage & strength to cast aside any kind of fear perception.

Mantras have the power to Keep you confident & cheerful. When you feel down and out, recite the Mantras of your choice.

Your mind invokes your inner strength to overpower all kinds of depressive thoughts and lets you come out a Winner. Once that happens, you are in a position to think of more beautiful aspects of Life and will find Happiness.

Gurus tell us that the Limit you have is the Limit you impose on your self. You are what you think.You become what you think. You can by reciting Mantras.

That clearly shows the power of words in the Mantras. Mantras are nothing but a combination of words that you can coin on your own to suit your individual needs or recite the existing Mantras to suit your situation.

Repeat your favourite Mantras a Hundred Times, A thousand times whenever you feel the enemy within you is threatening you. It's your mind that is reflected on your face, and your mind is influenced by words.

In times of crisis, if you can assure and reassure yourself that you can overcome a problem, then you can, definetely can.

As they say Faith moves Mountains. Your mind too has the capacity
to deal and overcome any kind of possible adversity. But these capabilities have to be invoked,nutured and made use of fully.

The problem with most of us is that We undermine our own capabilities. Haven't the sages and scriptures told us to create a beautiful "outside" , For that We have to first create a beautiful "Inside" within our innerself. And that perfeectly within our reach and capacity.

Mantras and the words coined in it will help us achieve that.

The chief teaching of Bhagavad geetha is " Jnanayoga"
Jananayoga means self knowledge or Wisdom.It is this knowledge and self knowledge that can alone remove our deep rooted ignorance which is the main cause for all types of miseries.

Mantras helps us achieve "Jananayoga"

---Coutesy " Sadguru Blessings" A magazine of His Holiness Sri Sri
Swayamprakasha Sachinananda saraswathi Mahaswami of Hariharapura,
Sringeri. Sree Math, Hariharapura. Pin 577120. Chickmaglore Dist,
Karnataka.Ph: 08265274122/274039; Website: www.hariharapura.org
E-mail: [email protected].

This is a holy place where ADISANKARA installed his SRI CHAKRA and c is connected to Sringeri.
thank you Sri Ambes,
If I am permitted may I add a line that whatever mantras we chant are to be with a focussed mind on the chantings with faith and not letting mind wandering elsewhere; and the meanings of mantras being chanted. With meanings of chants known that becomes a perfect event. I think all what you have narrated are subject to this view. Am I correct ?

Last edited:
Dear all,

Mantra-- Man Trayate iti Mantra

Man--mind, Trayate--saves.
Mantra --that which saves the mind

Mantra recital saves the mind from the turbulent ups and downs in the ocean of Samsara.

Bhakthi & Shradda are very important even before knowing the meaning.
Knowing the meaning would be an added benefit.

As one learned member in this forum had mentioned before in another thread that :

Bakthi is more important than Vibhakti.

Dear all,

Mantra-- Man Trayate iti Mantra

Man--mind, Trayate--saves.
Mantra --that which saves the mind

Mantra recital saves the mind from the turbulent ups and downs in the ocean of Samsara.

Bhakthi & Shradda are very important even before knowing the meaning.
Knowing the meaning would be an added benefit.

As one learned member in this forum had mentioned before in another thread that :

Bakthi is more important than Vibhakti.
I feel bakthi, rather I will call it is Faith is the preliminary requirement. When meaning is known of what one chants, by virtue of meaning, automatically sradda will arise. Hence meaning is important than merely telling a sloka [without being aware of its meaning] . When we recite something with the awareness to its meaning its value is better realised and without knowing meaning when recited/chanted it becomes simple monotony/work. This is my humble submission.

dear all ,
i would like to add some more points regarding the mantras and their effect.A mantra is also an energy field composed of certain frequencies that have a pattern of their own and a vibration field that creates different intonation. These frequencies and the sympathetic overtones generated by them influence our sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous, which are spread in a fine neural network through our internal organs in the body. The sympathetic response generates the Nero-motor response and influences two hemisphere of the human cerebral cortex.

Mantra practice involves the left hemisphere of the brain and is therefore effective in increasing positive emotions. The intonation and melody, which are the essential parts of Mantras, remove negative emotions. In association with a Yantra or a picture of a deity - the mantra also provides the right hemisphere with a concrete visual image of the object of emotional attention or "Bhakti" - devotion.

This is the way mantra affects the emotional self. Spiritual sounds may be poems, chants, prayers or hymns all create emotional frequencies and open new dimensions in our consciousness. The practice of Mantra is more than a suggestion or an idea. It is a means of getting in touch with our inner self. This is the essence of "Bhakti Yoga" - which is the simplest and the most effective way by which we can connect to the supreme and infinite consciousness.

I feel bakthi, rather I will call it is Faith is the preliminary requirement. When meaning is known of what one chants, by virtue of meaning, automatically sradda will arise. Hence meaning is important than merely telling a sloka [without being aware of its meaning] . When we recite something with the awareness to its meaning its value is better realised and without knowing meaning when recited/chanted it becomes simple monotony/work. This is my humble submission.

Dear Dr Sundaram Avargale,

I agree with you too because in Sanathana Dharma any method can be employed to reach God...Bakthi Yoga,Karma Yoga,Jnana Yoga,Raja Yoga...

I put "knowing meaning of a mantra" as last of all after Bhakthi & Shradda because if the meaning of a mantra is overemphasized this might not interest the mass population to embark on the spiritual journey of Sanathana Dharma because many might not know Sanskrit.

I will give you my personal example;

when I was young..mantras were thought to me by mother
she taught me how to recite and instilled bhakti in me.

then she also taught the general meaning only so I will get a rough idea about the meaning of mantra.
then I recited all this with determination and without fail..(shradda)

when I became an adult..I wanted to know word for word meaning..

but I was still not satisfied as there were some words which needed Sanskrit grammar for me to understand.

So I decided to learn Sanskrit to know the exact meaning of the mantras I was reciting.

but along this journey..I only gained Vibhakti...Bhakti remained the same for me...No increase or decrease...

Thats why in this whole journey,I feel Bhakti is the most important.

renu

Last edited:
Dear Mr.Iyeerram,
Thank u very much for giving more details and essence of fruits of reciting Mantras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back