• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

My experience while my stay at Prem Kutir old age home forTamil Brahmins at Shellar

Namaskaram.
I just want to share my experience of my stay at Prem Kutir an old age home at Shellar Village at Karjat.
The place is good without pollution. But few drawbacks. There is no signal of any networks so it was very difficult to speak to our near and dear ones.We need to walk in hot sun during summer and in rain during severe rainy season to the dining hall.
Very difficult it was. Serpents, crabs and scorpions very comfortably move on the paths. So it was not safe to walk around.Coming to food sometimes they prepare heavy feast while if any one sponsors which becomes very difficult. In fact they need to cook as per the need of aged people. Food menu is not prepared properly according to the need of aged people.Very heavy food is being prepared. There is no shops in and around. we need to go 7 km away to get medicine and for any fruits or bakery items. For traveling there is no public conveyance. That is very big draw back. Even to get out mobile recharged we need to go to that village only. No doctor visits regularly. In fact the founder trustee lady just tells lies and gets residents here. After staying for one or two months once they suffer with these draw backs if they want to leave she readily accepts. But need to pay rent for rest of the months for one year and compulsory donation of 45 thousand out of the deposit. It is her business. A word to Mumbai based Tamil Brahmins. Please do not choose this home for stay for anybody.She also tells lies that she is running Anathashram. But residents deposit security deposit and also pay monthly rent. So this is a humble request please do not consider this old age home for stay.
Thank you

Vijayalakshmi

Namaskaram.
I just want to share my experience of my stay at Prem Kutir an old age home at Shellar Village at Karjat.
The place is good without pollution. But few drawbacks. There is no signal of any networks so it was very difficult to speak to our near and dear ones.We need to walk in hot sun during summer and in rain during severe rainy season to the dining hall.
Very difficult it was. Serpents, crabs and scorpions very comfortably move on the paths. So it was not safe to walk around.Coming to food sometimes they prepare heavy feast while if any one sponsors which becomes very difficult. In fact they need to cook as per the need of aged people. Food menu is not prepared properly according to the need of aged people.Very heavy food is being prepared. There is no shops in and around. we need to go 7 km away to get medicine and for any fruits or bakery items. For traveling there is no public conveyance. That is very big draw back. Even to get out mobile recharged we need to go to that village only. No doctor visits regularly. In fact the founder trustee lady just tells lies and gets residents here. After staying for one or two months once they suffer with these draw backs if they want to leave she readily accepts. But need to pay rent for rest of the months for one year and compulsory donation of 45 thousand out of the deposit. It is her business. A word to Mumbai based Tamil Brahmins. Please do not choose this home for stay for anybody.She also tells lies that she is running Anathashram. But residents deposit security deposit and also pay monthly rent. So this is a humble request please do not consider this old age home for stay.
Thank you

Vijayalakshmi
hi

this is reality of any old age home.....some are more similar situation in tamil nadu too....thanks for the eyes opener...its pure

business...not service...

When Children themselves are not bothered much about their aged parents how can we expect these sort of Old Age homes to be bothered by them . They are there to provide only minimal facilities and support and rest we have to adjust .

I have not stayed in any old age home, and I have no affiliation with this particular Home.

VijayLakshmiji

has described her experience at this facility.

Let us not club all retirement homes, nursing homes, old age home, old age shelters everything in the same category.

Let us not moralize on the merits of children caring for their parents or lack of it in this thread.

Seniors may choose to live independently, they may not want to live with their children, or may not have any children to live with.

Let us be sensitive to others.

Vijaylakshmiji,

Did you file a complaint with the management, did you send your complaint to the local newspaper, did you post it in the social media. This condition must be exposed.

But sometimes you get what you pay for.
Level of service does depend on the price.

This is a charitable facility.
You can not compare a railways rest area with a five-star Hotel.

Thank you Vijiji for reporting the condition there.

Last edited:
My experience while I stayed in an old age home Prem Kutir at shellar village

I have not stayed in any old age home, and I have no affiliation with this particular Home.

VijayLakshmiji

has described her experience at this facility.

Let us not club all retirement homes, nursing homes, old age home, old age shelters everything in the same category.

Let us not moralize on the merits of children caring for their parents or lack of it in this thread.

Seniors may choose to live independently, they may not want to live with their children, or may not have any children to live with.

Let us be sensitive to others.

Vijaylakshmiji,

Did you file a complaint with the management, did you send your complaint to the local newspaper, did you post it in the social media. This condition must be exposed.

But sometimes you get what you pay for.
Level of service does depend on the price.

This is a charitable facility.
You can not compare a railways rest area with a five-star Hotel.

Thank you Vijiji for reporting the condition there.

Namaskaram.
Thank you for your reply.
Everything is true.
It is not because children are not taking care of their aged parents. Here all aged persons have come due to their circumstances. Some don't have sons to look after. Some don't have issues at all. They depend on their brother.likewise due to their circumstances they were joined in this home. Of course the other trustees know about this. But I didn't bring out to the notice of any social media. But definitely I want to inform Mumbai based Tamil Brahmins to think twice before considering this home for stay of their known any aged persons.Though they say charitable but residents pay monthly payments and also a sum as deposit. Out of this deposit while vacating after a compulsory stay of one year they deduct 15 percent as compulsory donation..
Let it not be a luxurious home but it should at least be to the amount being paid by residents.
There was no proper management in the running of the home. The manager at present has criminal background. Knowingly he has been appointed. The two vehicles donated by Reliance is there without annual service.
Just I felt like they are cheating the residents. Residents there are mouth shut due to their circumstances.
Any how thank you.
Regards
Vijayalakshmi

Vijayalakshmiji,
Thanks for the reply.
You are absolutely right, we must expose these kinds of shoddy establishment.

There should be a way to inform Reliance of the waste of their money.
We must bring pressure from corporate and government bodies.

This is due to too much of privatization.

Of late, everything comes private sector. Already Education and Medical fields are facing serious hardships.

Govt. must have major say in important areas, one such category is protection of senior citizens.

Chandruji,

I do not know that is viable or even a good suggestion.

I have been to Government run Hospitals and Anat ashrams. They are not even fit for rats that run through the aisles.
Tell me one government-run operation (all parties) that functions.
All our National agencies combined have not produced one world beater products.
We still can not even produce Ammunition, guns, tanks, planes, ships anything indigenously.

Nationalized banks, LIC all are a total mess.

The government should have strict guidelines and good enforcement of laws, but private industry should run such organization. Of course, corruption will degrade that.

Last edited:
hi

my mother died in old age home last year....i am still waiting to get my refund of balance payment....these ppl talk too much..

nothing in real..

Namaskar
I'm really very sorry for the demise of your mom.
Please take up the matter with Commissioner of Police. Even I had the experience of not getting back of my security amount. Post copies of the letter to DG. asset. DG. CM, Supdtt. Of Police, vigilance deptt. I did I got my amount back
Regards
Vijayalakshmi .

Namaskar
I'm really very sorry for the demise of your mom.
Please take up the matter with Commissioner of Police. Even I had the experience of not getting back of my security amount. Post copies of the letter to DG. asset. DG. CM, Supdtt. Of Police, vigilance deptt. I did I got my amount back
Regards
Vijayalakshmi .
hi

im a NRI.....so im out of country now.....im going to take action soon...thanks

Namaskaram
Yeah I can explain my experience. No problem. But if media people visit personally she the founder trustee would change everything completely. They cannot get any proof. But without exposing their identity they can visit few residents who can open their mouth and they can get the information. Most of the residents are bit afraid of her and are mouth shut.
Thank you
Vijayalakshmi

PREM KUTIR- is a unique creation of "Sri Kamakshi Trust" a non-profit charitable organisation registered under the Public Trust Act.
The Trust spent significant amount of efforts and time to understand the pulse, sentiments and needs of the senior citizens. This has resulted in setting up an Old Age Home “PREM KUTIR” taking into account all requirements and facilities.

Board of Trustees

Shri. S.Sankaranarayanan
Management Consultant
Chairman
Shri. N. Rajgopal
Industrialist
Managing Trustee
Shri. R Nagarajan
Instrumentation Engineering Consultant
Trustee
Shri. R.Parthasarathy
Investment Professional
Trustee
Shri. Ramamoorthy Rajagopal
Finance & Operations Professional
Trustee
Smt. Sivakami Subramanian
Social Worker
Trustee

Write to the trustees.

If any of the person is known talk with them.

Namaskaram
Yes I knew these details. I was there till May this year. Non of the trustee is interested in the residents. Everything is being handled by founder trustee Sivagami. She who tells all false information and brings the aged people from Mumbai based Tamil Brahmins. But after coming here staying for few months once they comes to know the truth they like to leave the home. As it is compulsory to stay one year they were forced to live there. When they leave compulsory donation of forty five thousand is taken. But some mouth shut aged people bear all inconveniences and continue their stay. Very pitiable condition. Due to their circumstances.
So no use in contacting them.
At least the previous trustees were very good enough to listen to our problems. They were even arranging to relocate the ashram to a convenient location where all facilities were there. But everything was spoiled by the founder trustee.
Thank you
Regards
Vijayalakshmi

Let us call out the trustees.
If any of you have contacts for them please post it the forum. We must make them aware of the situation and take action.
Only public humiliation will get some results.

PREMKUTIR

I wish to inform through your Forum that I am a well wisher of Sri Kamakshi Trust. I know the trust which became operable in late 2008 or so. In 2017 , New trustees have taken over the management and it is functioning smoothly now .The new board has resolved to take it forward . The trustees know their commitment and their responsibilities.

It is at that time of its take over by the new board , Mrs. VIjayalakshmi’s application was temporarily set aside and about to be rejected . One of the new trustees seized of her persuasive, constant and urgent need of admission was regularised / admission managed cleverly by him in supersession of the earlier hold of her admissions.

If one of the kind trustee had not helped her to manage her admission , beating the deadline, she would not have seen Prremkutir.

After reading her cantakerous opinions from your Forum , he regrets having helped her hurried entry into the Vridhashram in Karjat village..

We informed about our Old Age Home to her and its functioning thoroughly before her hurried entry. She was ok with it .

I am sending copies of her statement to the trustees Sri Kamakshi Trust for their reaction. We knew this lady from Delhi , has been hopping from one Home to the other in Karjat to Coimbatore , Pollachi,and so on . I understand her a/c were settled as per the contract signed by her and all her dues were settled within the time of the contract. With a copy of this rejoinder, I would advice the Trustees to clarify their position. I would request “Tami Brahmins forum “to be cautious on publication of unverified ,unconfirmed negative information in your columns and spoil your reputation. I know the Trustees personally . If they fail to react ,it would be their magnanimity. There are a quite lot of well wishers, donors and well wishers for this trusts.

PREMKUTIR

I wish to inform through your Forum that I am a well wisher of Sri Kamakshi Trust. I know the trust which became operable in late 2008 or so. In 2017 , New trustees have taken over the management and it is functioning smoothly now .The new board has resolved to take it forward . The trustees know their commitment and their responsibilities.

It is at that time of its take over by the new board , Mrs. VIjayalakshmi’s application was temporarily set aside and about to be rejected . One of the new trustees seized of her persuasive, constant and urgent need of admission was regularised / admission managed cleverly by him in supersession of the earlier hold of her admissions.

If one of the kind trustee had not helped her to manage her admission , beating the deadline, she would not have seen Prremkutir.

After reading her cantakerous opinions from your Forum , he regrets having helped her hurried entry into the Vridhashram in Karjat village..

We informed about our Old Age Home to her and its functioning thoroughly before her hurried entry. She was ok with it .

I am sending copies of her statement to the trustees Sri Kamakshi Trust for their reaction. We knew this lady from Delhi , has been hopping from one Home to the other in Karjat to Coimbatore , Pollachi,and so on . I understand her a/c were settled as per the contract signed by her and all her dues were settled within the time of the contract. With a copy of this rejoinder, I would advice the Trustees to clarify their position. I would request “Tami Brahmins forum “to be cautious on publication of unverified ,unconfirmed negative information in your columns and spoil your reputation. I know the Trustees personally . If they fail to react ,it would be their magnanimity. There are a quite lot of well wishers, donors and well wishers for this trusts.

Thanks for posting shyamoliji,

But your post is on the verge of a threat of retaliation. A consumer has every right to complain about the shoddy treatment. If this kind of behavior was in the USA, yor would have been investigated and your organization would have been punished, and then on the civil court, you would have faced a million-dollar class-action lawsuit.

It would be appropriate for the trustees to explain their side of the facts, without the threat of retaliation.
You have not disclosed your position in the organization, what is your role?

What you fail to understand is the power of social media. We all are consumers and depend on public opinion.
I am a senior citizen who might need such homes, and reputation matters, Think about it.
And ask the owners to respond to the criticism appropriately, and respect your consumers.

Namaskaram.
Thank you

Vijayalakshmi
It is not an entertaining place or Resort to have all facilities. Basically it is a home for elderly who have non to take care in old age. We cannot expect a theatre or malls near by. It is little interior. No shops or hospitals near by. (7 kilometres) distance. Those who have people to take cara need not go there. I had been there to see. It is ok. I took meals. Good it was. Such organisations can’t aford meals to individual choice like hotels. They make provision for medical care by informing the nearby hospitals. It is a good place for the elders who can spend rest of their life to rest and keep praying for the welfare of the world.it is not like many other homes , having a big hall with lots of cots. Each individual cottage either with one bed or double bed with full privacy. We can have our washing machine or sewing machine. We can expect further improvement in course of time. Seeing is believing. Interested persons can go and see. God bless all. 🌹

My experience while I stayed in an old age home Prem Kutir at shellar village

Namaskaram.
Thank you for your reply.
Everything is true.
It is not because children are not taking care of their aged parents. Here all aged persons have come due to their circumstances. Some don't have sons to look after. Some don't have issues at all. They depend on their brother.likewise due to their circumstances they were joined in this home. Of course the other trustees know about this. But I didn't bring out to the notice of any social media. But definitely I want to inform Mumbai based Tamil Brahmins to think twice before considering this home for stay of their known any aged persons.Though they say charitable but residents pay monthly payments and also a sum as deposit. Out of this deposit while vacating after a compulsory stay of one year they deduct 15 percent as compulsory donation..
Let it not be a luxurious home but it should at least be to the amount being paid by residents.
There was no proper management in the running of the home. The manager at present has criminal background. Knowingly he has been appointed. The two vehicles donated by Reliance is there without annual service.
Just I felt like they are cheating the residents. Residents there are mouth shut due to their circumstances.
Any how thank you.
Regards
Vijayalakshmi

Latest ads

Back