• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

My Pursuit - 2 (Redefining what I thought needs to be done)

The following is my first thread under this topic.. Please familiarize yourself before proceeding.

https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=34648&highlight=

In the days since my posts on this forum, I have met a lot of people and worked on a lot of possibilities to help our vedic system and brahmin society.

Unfortunately, I have also been financially weak during this time and so did not post here. Now, after trying multiple things to help my finances, I have now decided that going back to a lowly job would be the best way to put my fiscals on track. I also got my australian PR in the interim and I am planning to go to australia to look for jobs there.

Personal aspects aside. From my experiences thus far, I have been constantly re-shaping my ideas on how to contribute to our society.

I have now become astute enough to enumerate a singular plan and a possible implementation plan to pursue. This will be my second post in this thread.

Krishnan

The Plan (Slightly Grandiose but possible with effort)

Plan Overview

A college providing for combined degrees in vedic and law/accounting/business courses in each district. The students for these colleges should be drawn from vedic schools (Gurukulams) teaching basics of Sanskrit, Grantha, Itihasa-Puranas, traditional music and instruments, as well as basics of astrology till students reach 8[SUP]th[/SUP] standard and contemporary CBSE for 9[SUP]th[/SUP] to 12[SUP]th[/SUP] standard. The school also absorbs the students of veda patashala which follow traditionally prescribed methods of imparting vedic education directly into 10[SUP]th[/SUP] standard. Both School and Veda Padashala to be established in temple lands in every temple town where there is a 100 year old temple. The temple should have been freed from governmental oversight.

Result

General population kids will have greater understanding of our vedic culture. Kids finishing veda-abyasam of 7-8 years from traditional veda patashalas can be given contemporary school certificates. Kids graduating school after veda patashala will have an avenue to become lawyer or accountant or business magnate bringing back lost repute to vedic hinduism. Normal kids who are studying accountancy or law or business will be able to learn vedic philosophy in their undergraduate degree.

Implementation

Step One (Year 1-2) – Free one single sample temple and setup sample school

Use the stolen idols in tamilnadu as grave concern and symptoms of mismanagement of temple assets and start by freeing lesser known temples through legal action by select panel of driven aasthika lawyers.

Each freed temple should then be placed under a trust headed by a team of three vedic scholars atleast one of whom should be skilled in agama rituals and atleast one of whom should know law ( can be achieved by a part-time course in LLB ). Being vedic scholar who had passed out of a standard gurukulam based veda patashala should be basic qualification. Unlike normal trusts, the trusts should provide for basic livelihood amenities for the vaideehan trustees and running of schools/veda patashalas under it.

On a parallel note to legal proceedings to free temples, we must also lease temple lands for the use of creation of vedic schools. Teachers for the vedic schools will be sourced locally possibly through TAMBRAAS or suitable organizations. All students irrespective of status or religion will be admitted free of charge or with minimal charge to accomodate rentals to temple land and teacher fees. The affluent parents will be requested for donations based on their income tax returns which should be filed with the schools. This will help determine which kids need help with free education.

Step Two (Year 2-3) – Choose the district of implementation and replicate in 5 temples within same district.

Step Three (Year 4-5) – Replicate in 4 adjacent districts with more ancient temples.

Step Four (Year 5 or Year 1 depending on available funding) – Buy one of the low performing colleges in the district and add BA vedic courses offered by Madras Sanskrit College to the curriculum. Offer the following contemporary courses..

1. B.Com (Chartered Accountancy upto ICWA)
2. LLB

3. MBA

Courses 1-2 should be compulsorily combined with a BA degree in Vedic shastra sampradhaya from Madras University making them a 5 year degree.

I am a south indian brahmin currently having Australian Permanent Resident Visa and US education.As a first step, I need contacts of asthiga lawyers and suggestion on which temple to free first so as to create minimal unwanted propaganda.

Interested People, Trusts and Charities who would like to pursue this or advice me, please contact me

I am currently in Australia and realised that getting a job in my own niche field of embedded systems might be difficult. So took up the locally poor but financially sufficient security officer job. I believe I can now save 50,000 a month to start a small school somewhere near a temple.

If you are a lawyer, a school teacher or principal or vaideehan, I would especially love to hear your inputs. Other inputs also welcome.

Do you think this plan will work? Please post your comments..

Plan Overview

A college providing for combined degrees in vedic and law/accounting/business courses in each district. The students for these colleges should be drawn from vedic schools (Gurukulams) teaching basics of Sanskrit, Grantha, Itihasa-Puranas, traditional music and instruments, as well as basics of astrology till students reach 8[SUP]th[/SUP] standard and contemporary CBSE for 9[SUP]th[/SUP] to 12[SUP]th[/SUP] standard. The school also absorbs the students of veda patashala which follow traditionally prescribed methods of imparting vedic education directly into 10[SUP]th[/SUP] standard. Both School and Veda Padashala to be established in temple lands in every temple town where there is a 100 year old temple. The temple should have been freed from governmental oversight.

Result

General population kids will have greater understanding of our vedic culture. Kids finishing veda-abyasam of 7-8 years from traditional veda patashalas can be given contemporary school certificates. Kids graduating school after veda patashala will have an avenue to become lawyer or accountant or business magnate bringing back lost repute to vedic hinduism. Normal kids who are studying accountancy or law or business will be able to learn vedic philosophy in their undergraduate degree.

Implementation

Step One (Year 1-2) – Free one single sample temple and setup sample school

Use the stolen idols in tamilnadu as grave concern and symptoms of mismanagement of temple assets and start by freeing lesser known temples through legal action by select panel of driven aasthika lawyers.

Each freed temple should then be placed under a trust headed by a team of three vedic scholars atleast one of whom should be skilled in agama rituals and atleast one of whom should know law ( can be achieved by a part-time course in LLB ). Being vedic scholar who had passed out of a standard gurukulam based veda patashala should be basic qualification. Unlike normal trusts, the trusts should provide for basic livelihood amenities for the vaideehan trustees and running of schools/veda patashalas under it.

On a parallel note to legal proceedings to free temples, we must also lease temple lands for the use of creation of vedic schools. Teachers for the vedic schools will be sourced locally possibly through TAMBRAAS or suitable organizations. All students irrespective of status or religion will be admitted free of charge or with minimal charge to accomodate rentals to temple land and teacher fees. The affluent parents will be requested for donations based on their income tax returns which should be filed with the schools. This will help determine which kids need help with free education.

Step Two (Year 2-3) – Choose the district of implementation and replicate in 5 temples within same district.

Step Three (Year 4-5) – Replicate in 4 adjacent districts with more ancient temples.

Step Four (Year 5 or Year 1 depending on available funding) – Buy one of the low performing colleges in the district and add BA vedic courses offered by Madras Sanskrit College to the curriculum. Offer the following contemporary courses..

1. B.Com (Chartered Accountancy upto ICWA)
2. LLB

3. MBA

Courses 1-2 should be compulsorily combined with a BA degree in Vedic shastra sampradhaya from Madras University making them a 5 year degree.

I am a south indian brahmin currently having Australian Permanent Resident Visa and US education.As a first step, I need contacts of asthiga lawyers and suggestion on which temple to free first so as to create minimal unwanted propaganda.

Interested People, Trusts and Charities who would like to pursue this or advice me, please contact pvkrishnan.com, [email protected] or 3 South Tank Square Street, Triplicane, Chennai-5

I am currently in Australia and realised that getting a job in my own niche field of embedded systems might be difficult. So took up the locally poor but financially sufficient security officer job. I believe I can now save 50,000 a month to start a small school somewhere near a temple.

If you are a lawyer, a school teacher or principal or vaideehan, I would especially love to hear your inputs. Other inputs also welcome.

Do you think this plan will work? Please post your comments..

Please kindly focus on yourself first.
The cost of living in Australia is high.

Sorry I am going to be blunt here.

Pl don't create unnecessary issues for our Brahmins who run the these temples in TN. These temples are managed by certain families for 1000s of years as per their unique traditions and customs, and we need to preserve them for the next generation.

so please don't mess up by freeing them and run it as a trust. Many temples are already struggling due to junk govt intervention and these unwanted trusts.

You our can do this in joint collaboration with them and setup Vedic patashalas under their guidance and leadership.

The following is my first thread under this topic.. Please familiarize yourself before proceeding.

https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=34648&highlight=

In the days since my posts on this forum, I have met a lot of people and worked on a lot of possibilities to help our vedic system and brahmin society.

Unfortunately, I have also been financially weak during this time and so did not post here. Now, after trying multiple things to help my finances, I have now decided that going back to a lowly job would be the best way to put my fiscals on track. I also got my australian PR in the interim and I am planning to go to australia to look for jobs there.

Personal aspects aside. From my experiences thus far, I have been constantly re-shaping my ideas on how to contribute to our society.

I have now become astute enough to enumerate a singular plan and a possible implementation plan to pursue. This will be my second post in this thread.

Krishnan

Dear Mr. Krishnan,

I am writing this after reading your second post too.

I think you are starting from the wrong end of the problem.

The problem is this:

1. Brahmin boys and girls are ending up in Europe, US and Canada to work for their foreign masters. They have only the pleasant memories of time spent with family back home. Every day after dinner and after watching Yupptv they go to bed and sleep after lying in their bed staring at the ceiling for a few empty hours.

2. Their parents, after after visiting these countries for a few summers are finally ending up in Old Age Homes of Coimbatore and Chennai. These people too have just their memories of the past as companians.

3. We have come far away from the "family" concept. Youngsters after returning to India and marrying find it difficult to adjust.

4. Oldies find it difficult to adjust with the young newcomers into the family.

What we need first is:

1. To organize a short term course for all girls and boys of marriageable age in which they will be taught the basics of the knowledge about their bodies, the harmones and their role and the history of brahmin households and their discipline.

2. In the same course they will also be taught the fundamentals of behavioural science like Transaction Analysis so that they learn how to handle or transact with elders, peers, bosses and the world in general.

These courses can be arranged by the numerous bhajan mandalis, astik samajams, vedaparayana groups, Sri pAtham thaangi groups, kaalakshepa ghoshtis, Vishnu Sahasranama parayana mandalis, Lalitha Sahasranama parayana ghoshtis, veda adhyana sabhas etc., which are there. They will be doing a great service to the community if they teach these basics to the youngsters at the crucial stage at which they enter to compete with others in the society.

After achieving some progress in this fundamental exercise, you may think of grandiose things.

My two cents.

hi

i was veda patasala student with normal high school curriculam...i studied vedas with formal school education ...i was school

teacher too...im in USA NOW....i can guide ur value based education..just info..i did MASTER OF EDUCATION WITH PH.D..

Hello Renuka,

Thank you for the compassion. Yes, cost of living is high in Australia. But I believe that if I save around a 1000 AUD it would be 50k INR. which would be sufficient to start the basic nursery school teaching the basics of what I have thought. I am hopeful that seeing this, there will be further support from the community to extend my idea or some others might be interested in taking this project up in their locality themselves.

But let us see. I only have a security officer job now and can afford to save only about 500-600 AUD.. still some way to go.

Hello Jaykay767,

You might have jumped the gun. I was only talking about freeing the temples from government control not freeing brahmin owned and operated temples. Please take a second look.

Hello Vaagmi,

Sir, I completely understand where you are coming from. I too am 40 years old, foreign educated and unable to adjust to India when I came back to india some 4 years back. This is the reality we are stuck with.

But we cannot do much here because we cannot transplant the proverbial "thennai maram" we can only plan how we plant our "thenna kannu" therefore I am concentrating on the young kids proper education. It would be almost impossible to fee transactional details to the grown mind of a 30 something person especially after it has been acclimatized to western freedom living where no one questions what they do or do not.

If I am able to earn enough.. the eventual idea would be re-populate the temples immediate surroundings with agraharams or similar atleast so that the olden generation can have a peaceful old age. Combine with this a school and padashala on the temple premises, we have the starting of a vibrant society.

In my humbler thought process, I believe that if we teach our pigeons all the traditional knowledge.. they will always come home to roost no matter where they go. The current problem in my understanding is that my generation only have glimpses of what your generation automatically knew about vaideeham. what do you think would have happened if my generation had what I am trying to implement i.e. all brahmin kids have been taught vedas and given 9-12th education after vedabyaasam? They would have not only gone abroad for masters degrees but once the initial charm of money and independence would have worn out, they would have ideally come back in their mid-30s to seek peace and god .... and to create a strong family where they think it is best possible... ie. in India. Right now, the foreign educated people see India as poverty stricked and our education as rote where kids merely vomit what is there in the books. So they want their kids to have a better education and stay in foreign lands.. Lets turn that around.. if possible ie..

Let us see..

Krishnan

hi

i was veda patasala student with normal high school curriculam...i studied vedas with formal school education ...i was school

teacher too...im in USA NOW....i can guide ur value based education..just info..i did MASTER OF EDUCATION WITH PH.D..

That is just awesome. Maybe after I establish a small primary school in chennai.. we can further discuss if a similar school can be established in USA too under your kind self. I do not have to be involved or mentioned anywhere, but it would be kind of you to share your ideas and experiences for the school to be a success in the USA.

But let us see..

Would you at all be interested in started a vedic school in the USA where you are located? I know a trust who is already running a school similar to my ideas and we could talk to them to open a school near your locality with you in charge? Is that something you will be happy doing?

Thanks,
Krishnan

hi

That is just awesome. Maybe after I establish a small primary school in chennai.. we can further discuss if a similar school can be established in USA too under your kind self. I do not have to be involved or mentioned anywhere, but it would be kind of you to share your ideas and experiences for the school to be a success in the USA.

But let us see..

Would you at all be interested in started a vedic school in the USA where you are located? I know a trust who is already running a school similar to my ideas and we could talk to them to open a school near your locality with you in charge? Is that something you will be happy doing?

Thanks,
Krishnan

Dear Mr. Krishnan,

I am writing this after reading your second post too.

I think you are starting from the wrong end of the problem.

The problem is this:

1. Brahmin boys and girls are ending up in Europe, US and Canada to work for their foreign masters. They have only the pleasant memories of time spent with family back home. Every day after dinner and after watching Yupptv they go to bed and sleep after lying in their bed staring at the ceiling for a few empty hours.

2. Their parents, after after visiting these countries for a few summers are finally ending up in Old Age Homes of Coimbatore and Chennai. These people too have just their memories of the past as companians.

3. We have come far away from the "family" concept. Youngsters after returning to India and marrying find it difficult to adjust.

4. Oldies find it difficult to adjust with the young newcomers into the family.

What we need first is:

1. To organize a short term course for all girls and boys of marriageable age in which they will be taught the basics of the knowledge about their bodies, the harmones and their role and the history of brahmin households and their discipline.

2. In the same course they will also be taught the fundamentals of behavioural science like Transaction Analysis so that they learn how to handle or transact with elders, peers, bosses and the world in general.

These courses can be arranged by the numerous bhajan mandalis, astik samajams, vedaparayana groups, Sri pAtham thaangi groups, kaalakshepa ghoshtis, Vishnu Sahasranama parayana mandalis, Lalitha Sahasranama parayana ghoshtis, veda adhyana sabhas etc., which are there. They will be doing a great service to the community if they teach these basics to the youngsters at the crucial stage at which they enter to compete with others in the society.

After achieving some progress in this fundamental exercise, you may think of grandiose things.

My two cents.

I at times wonder why does anyone want to make their life so difficult by imposing rules..regulation and cultural dictates..hasnt anyone given it a thought that the present generation might just want to lead a " normal " life sans any compulsion of any sort?

Also i dont get this obsession with Sahasranamams?
Why do we give 1008 adjectives to God?
How do we really know if those are actually what He goes by?

Instead of all these its better the present generation focussed on life..job..well being of family and leading a healthy moderate life.

I was watching a video where a Dr Ramachandran a Neuroscientist was giving his findings on left brain function and right brain function on split brain patients where the corpus callosum ( it functions like a bridge)..in patients with severe intractable epilepsy this is cut so the right and left hemisphere if brain isnt connected anymore but they lead pretty normal lives and he experimented to get responsea from both hemispheres of the brain.

Wheb he asked " do you believe in God" the right hemisphere response was No( rt hemisphere cant vocalize..so patient just points to Yes or No boxes on paper)

When he asked the same question " Do you believe in God" left hemisphere vocal answer was Yes.

So in the same person rt and left hemisphere has 2 distinct answers...

So what do we really know...lets imagine now we conduct the same experiment on a advaitin who has reached a state of realization..ask him.." who are you?"...i wonder what replies we would get..left hemisphere.." aham brahmasmi" ..right hemisphere " i am Mr so and so".

But the best part is vocalization is a function of left hemisphere..in ardhanareeshwara concept feminine is denoted on the left! No wonder females talk more!
So guys dont blame females for nagging you..Nature designed it that you should be right hemisphere and not vocalize your response.

I at times wonder why does anyone want to make their life so difficult by imposing rules..regulation and cultural dictates..hasnt anyone given it a thought that the present generation might just want to lead a " normal " life sans any compulsion of any sort?

Rules are necessary to live by without getting hurt. And without hurting others.

Drive on the left or right of the road only(depending on where you are) is a rule which can be said to take away your liberty on the road. It can be difficult because while the left hand side of the road is choked with vehicles, the right hand side across the median is free of traffic and you swear and sincerely curse the rule makers. But you also know that the rules are necessary to avoid a free for all. Similarly as long as one chooses to live as a part of a society rules are important and learning them is a prime requirement to live life peacefully and beneficially. So present generation needs to know the rules by which elders lived so that they can adopt them or modify and then adopt them. "Normal" is not = living without rules like animals. The moment your society comes into the picture it becomes what you call "culture".

Also i dont get this obsession with Sahasranamams?
Why do we give 1008 adjectives to God?
How do we really know if those are actually what He goes by?

Sahasranamam is just a method of expressing bhakti.
When a highly successful king is addressed as Rajaathiraja, Raja Gambira, Raja Marthanda............" etc., etc., to remind the assembled nobles about the greatness of the king, When a sultan is addressed as Alampanah at the drop of a hat, when the President of a nation is addressed as the Honourable President and is addressed as Your Excellancy, When a judge is never addressed without the preceding adjective honourable, why not address God in a hundred thousand adjectives because he deserves it. And while all these earthlings will take serious note of your not adding adjectives and may punish you, God may just ignore your indiscretion, forgive you without your asking, and even send you gifts.

Whether he goes by these adjectives really or not? -- It is for the faithful bhaktas to bother about. They sincerely believe in the scriptures like itihasas and puranas and so they believe the adjectives are apt. If you think itihasas and puranas are a lot of fiction, you need not address God with those adjectives and instead choose adjectives like Hey Karunya sindho! (for putting the atoms and free electrons in a particular fashion and configuration inside the silicon element.) But for that you would not be able to sit before your laptop and go about happily punching invectives on him. If your tech knowledge is limited you can still say Hey karunyasindho (for giving you the chip of your handphone.)

Instead of all these its better the present generation focussed on life..job..well being of family and leading a healthy moderate life.

Even after focussing on life and making it a success, there is a fundamental search which comes and troubles no end. Basic questions remain. As these young minds search for answers they reach the point where God stands.

I was watching a video where a Dr Ramachandran a Neuroscientist was giving his findings on left brain function and right brain function on split brain patients where the corpus callosum ( it functions like a bridge)..in patients with severe intractable epilepsy this is cut so the right and left hemisphere if brain isnt connected anymore but they lead pretty normal lives and he experimented to get responsea from both hemispheres of the brain.

Wheb he asked " do you believe in God" the right hemisphere response was No( rt hemisphere cant vocalize..so patient just points to Yes or No boxes on paper)

When he asked the same question " Do you believe in God" left hemisphere vocal answer was Yes.

So in the same person rt and left hemisphere has 2 distinct answers...

So what do we really know...lets imagine now we conduct the same experiment on a advaitin who has reached a state of realization..ask him.." who are you?"...i wonder what replies we would get..left hemisphere.." aham brahmasmi" ..right hemisphere " i am Mr so and so".

So what we know is only a small percentage what is there. It was Des Cartes, Newton, and then Einstein and Schrodinger. And after Einstein, we are waiting.

But the best part is vocalization is a function of left hemisphere..in ardhanareeshwara concept feminine is denoted on the left! No wonder females talk more!
So guys dont blame females for nagging you..Nature designed it that you should be right hemisphere and not vocalize your response.

I have no problem because my wife is always right.

Last edited:
Hello Vaagmi,

Sir, I completely understand where you are coming from. I too am 40 years old, foreign educated and unable to adjust to India when I came back to india some 4 years back. This is the reality we are stuck with.

But we cannot do much here because we cannot transplant the proverbial "thennai maram" we can only plan how we plant our "thenna kannu" therefore I am concentrating on the young kids proper education. It would be almost impossible to fee transactional details to the grown mind of a 30 something person especially after it has been acclimatized to western freedom living where no one questions what they do or do not.

In a man's or woman's life when does he/she become a maram from the stage of a kannu?

When he/she has finished high school and enters college or when he/she is out of the college looking out for a job.

It is at this point that wrong values sparkle before many of them and attracts them. And in an atmosphere of a poor image of the family values and time tested but unattractive discipline these wrong values come and occupy them. Once values are compromised, there is no turning back. The progression takes you through making fun of old values and old people, questioning unendingly about God and religion (genuine search is different) only to finally reject everything and glorify that sunya in which nothing controls your actions, becoming slaves to the tyranny of the hormones and spoling the health etc., are the effects of picking up wrong values. I, in my post, suggested only to tackle this trend. As this is fun damental, this should take precedence over other welfare measures in the commun ity.

If I am able to earn enough.. the eventual idea would be re-populate the temples immediate surroundings with agraharams or similar atleast so that the olden generation can have a peaceful old age. Combine with this a school and padashala on the temple premises, we have the starting of a vibrant society.

Again the wrong priorities. Catch them young and equip them. Then leave them free to go anywhere in the world and conquer. This is what I recommend. Vedic knowledge is not the same as logic gate level insight into a Chip. The two are different altogether. If the later helps you conquer the world go for it. If you know the former helps you maintain your balance acquire that too but priorities are different at different times. You have jsut one life to live. i too believe it is better to live in agraharams. I have lived in an agraharam. But if it is not there, better to go to cities and live in anonimity which gives safety and security. Vedas and the treasure contained therein can be learnt from anywhere. I think it would be better to leave it to the matoms to handle this task of preserving vedic knowledge and support them adequately.

In my humbler thought process, I believe that if we teach our pigeons all the traditional knowledge.. they will always come home to roost no matter where they go. The current problem in my understanding is that my generation only have glimpses of what your generation automatically knew about vaideeham. what do you think would have happened if my generation had what I am trying to implement i.e. all brahmin kids have been taught vedas and given 9-12th education after vedabyaasam? They would have not only gone abroad for masters degrees but once the initial charm of money and independence would have worn out, they would have ideally come back in their mid-30s to seek peace and god .... and to create a strong family where they think it is best possible... ie. in India. Right now, the foreign educated people see India as poverty stricked and our education as rote where kids merely vomit what is there in the books. So they want their kids to have a better education and stay in foreign lands.. Lets turn that around.. if possible ie..

I would rather repeat what I have said above. Please think about it.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I have been trying for the past 1.5 months for a full time job in australia. But still unsuccessful. I only managed the security officer job. But lets see. I was hoping to start things working in the form of a small kindergarden in the chennai temple land by Vijayadasami.. but looks like that might not be possible.

Krishnan

I had sought a loan of 1 million USD for the oil license bidding from the Indian govt a long time back.. The relevant people got in touch recently. Will it move ahead and will I be able to get the license.. I dont know.. But the bidding has already started and last date for bidding is December 18th.. advertisement can be seen in dghindia.gov.in

Long time ago.. in 2002 when I had just finished BE and I had got my admit for MS in USA.. my brother shouted at me for the seemingly unfashionable clothes that I wore.. I was a nobody back then and only my brother thought seriously about the clothes he wore.. I felt there was no need for fashion. At that time after a lot of verbally strong sense-infusing talks.. my brother bought me a Lacoste T-shirt for 600 Rs.. I was stumped and very angry for spending so much money on one t-shirt. in 2002, a normal t-shirt was around 50rs.

That t-shirt finally got a hole in the back. My friend noticed it and told me to wear a sweatshirt over it so it does not show.

I was sad.

Now, my brother is all grown up and had taken a 20lakh loan on the house and came to Australia to do MBA.. he finally finished his degree 5 years later.. To save the house, I paid the loan with whatever I had.. Now, we are at each other's throats on details of who has to pay what to whom.

I do not understand the idea behind this thread.

Your initial goal of serving the community was good.
But now it is about you your family squabbles, does it give others an opportunity to participate?

But now it is about you your family squabbles, does it give others an opportunity to participate?

Well, it made your nitpicking self to participate did it not? If it was all good then you would not have said 'hi'.. Just like a good sambar needs spice and salt.. I thought I will let people like yourself to post too...

hehehe...

Rules are necessary to live by without getting hurt. And without hurting others.

Drive on the left or right of the road only(depending on where you are) is a rule which can be said to take away your liberty on the road. It can be difficult because while the left hand side of the road is choked with vehicles, the right hand side across the median is free of traffic and you swear and sincerely curse the rule makers. But you also know that the rules are necessary to avoid a free for all. Similarly as long as one chooses to live as a part of a society rules are important and learning them is a prime requirement to live life peacefully and beneficially. So present generation needs to know the rules by which elders lived so that they can adopt them or modify and then adopt them. "Normal" is not = living without rules like animals. The moment your society comes into the picture it becomes what you call "culture".

Sahasranamam is just a method of expressing bhakti.
When a highly successful king is addressed as Rajaathiraja, Raja Gambira, Raja Marthanda............" etc., etc., to remind the assembled nobles about the greatness of the king, When a sultan is addressed as Alampanah at the drop of a hat, when the President of a nation is addressed as the Honourable President and is addressed as Your Excellancy, When a judge is never addressed without the preceding adjective honourable, why not address God in a hundred thousand adjectives because he deserves it. And while all these earthlings will take serious note of your not adding adjectives and may punish you, God may just ignore your indiscretion, forgive you without your asking, and even send you gifts.

Whether he goes by these adjectives really or not? -- It is for the faithful bhaktas to bother about. They sincerely believe in the scriptures like itihasas and puranas and so they believe the adjectives are apt. If you think itihasas and puranas are a lot of fiction, you need not address God with those adjectives and instead choose adjectives like Hey Karunya sindho! (for putting the atoms and free electrons in a particular fashion and configuration inside the silicon element.) But for that you would not be able to sit before your laptop and go about happily punching invectives on him. If your tech knowledge is limited you can still say Hey karunyasindho (for giving you the chip of your handphone.)

Even after focussing on life and making it a success, there is a fundamental search which comes and troubles no end. Basic questions remain. As these young minds search for answers they reach the point where God stands.

So what we know is only a small percentage what is there. It was Des Cartes, Newton, and then Einstein and Schrodinger. And after Einstein, we are waiting.

I have no problem because my wife is always right.

I liked the eloquent post but flawed at many levels.

No idea why one is proud of their faith.

Christians and even politicians boast "I am a person of faith"

Translation : I cannot reason, I do not know but I believe whatever I am told in the religion I am born. It must be correct because I was born in that religion. Oh by the way I am proud because my identity is due to my faith.

This means giving up the capacity to think in the name of god. That is a sad commentary.

Please Perceive !

LOL.

It will be nice to listen to what is accomplished. But talking about a dream for many years publicly in this forum is not a winning approach to life.

i liked the eloquent post but flawed at many levels.

No idea why one is proud of their faith.

Christians and even politicians boast "i am a person of faith"

translation : I cannot reason, i do not know but i believe whatever i am told in the religion i am born. It must be correct because i was born in that religion. Oh by the way i am proud because my identity is due to my faith.

This means giving up the capacity to think in the name of god. That is a sad commentary.

Please perceive !

Lol.
lol

Well, it made your nitpicking self to participate did it not? If it was all good then you would not have said 'hi'.. Just like a good sambar needs spice and salt.. I thought I will let people like yourself to post too...

hehehe...

It is nice when others are laughing with you, but not nice to be laughed at.

Now I understand your brother POV.

It will be nice to listen to what is accomplished. But talking about a dream for many years publicly in this forum is not a winning approach to life.

unlike the comment here. It is not entirely been only talking about a dream. I have been connecting to a lot of people in real life. Just like some true Samaritans who commented on my thread earlier, I have also received support in the real world. Irrespective.. comments from people who did not mean to help in the first place is not all that disheartening.. I will be continuing my quest.

As we all know the ultimate need in this hour of kali yuga for everyone is money.. I am no different.

I do need money to realise my dream of a Vedic school.

So the pursuit of the oil well idea which I have said earlier.. The last date for bidding-December 18th is still a good 20 days away. I still have not found a sponsor for my 7.5crore bank guarantee. If you know of someone who can show bank guarantee.. it will be helpful.. I really do not need cash of 7.5 crore.. I just need to show the balance in my company account. Like in the case of applying for US visa where u need to only show a particular amount in your bank.

Meanwhile.. the sharing of idea of a Vedic school near major temples has brought about additional ideas nd thoughts. If we need space near major temples, the easiest solution is to lease temple land. But to do this we need to apply to HR&CE through a lawyer. This brings us to the problem that there are not that many brahmin lawyers who are strong enough to take on HR&CE.

So I am currently searching for lawyers who will petition the HR&CE.

If you know of any strictly theist brahmin lawyers who are willing to form a group, please let me know. This could be of use even outside of petitioning the HR&CE for land for schools.

unlike the comment here. It is not entirely been only talking about a dream. I have been connecting to a lot of people in real life. Just like some true Samaritans who commented on my thread earlier, I have also received support in the real world. Irrespective.. comments from people who did not mean to help in the first place is not all that disheartening.. I will be continuing my quest.

No one stopping you from your quest. Now building Veda school has morphed into asking money for some oil exploration. You may have made connections but there is nothing concrete for you to share here so far. I doubt any reader is ready to invest crores of Rupees in your business quest. We all are arm-chair discussion champions here.

I know it is a harsh message on your posts (but not against you). Truth can hurt.

Food for thought here for you. Losers talk about what they want to do endlessly over a long period of time (like years) and winners talk about what they have actually accomplished.

Latest ads

Back