• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Performing mother's annual cermony after conducting bhima ratha santhi

I have recently conducted my bhimaratha santhi on July 3rd. We performed nandhi before the bhimaratha santhi. Now some sastrigal says one should not perform srardham or pithru Tharpanam for three months . You can perform tharpanam and mothers cermony only after three months Is it correct? Sentimentally as I am performing for the last 40 years my parets annual ceremony, I feel guilty if do not perform it. Can any body give the correct position on this . Can I perform tha Tharpanam , Adi ammavasai Tharpanam and mahalaya pakeha Tharpanam next month? kindly guide me as I am confused by different opinions

Doing Pithru Tharpanam is our utmost Karma. It has to be performed come what may. It cannot be post poned or preponed. Irrespective of any other rituals or functions you do previous to the Pithru Tharpanam or subsequently. So go ahead and perform your duty and do not have any guilty. All the best.

Kannan, Bangalore

you are eligible to do all tharpanams and sratham. you have to use only arugan grass for koorcham and pavithram and for kattai tharpam. you should not use dharpam for three months. you should not use ellu. instead of ellu you may use raw rice with a very small quantity of karuppu ellu.

Thank you very much sir for your kind reply. None of the Young sastrigals in west mambalam informed me the rider aspect of it except one octogeraian sastrigal who gave this opinion and who is confined to his house due to his age. Namskarams for your enlightened reply and thanks for the clarifications

Latest ads

Back