• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Anti-Dravidian Racism in Vedic Hinduism

I subscribe to the Hindu faith among many things, but I do not believe in the supremacy of the Vedas, or that of the Brahmins. The Indian civilization has been periodically invaded over the ages, with several groups gaining ascendancy and pushing their own agenda through the propaganda of religion. I understand that this is not a very mainstream thought because the Indian masses believe that they are part of an overloaded noun called ‘Hinduism’, so I thought I’d share some statements by the venerated scholar Aurobindo (page 25):
Gods meant to induce them to shower on the sacrificers material
blessings such as plenty of cows, horses, fighting men, sons, >food,wealth of all kinds, protection, victory in battle, or to bring
down rain from heaven, recover the sun from clouds or from
the grip of Night, the free flowing of the seven rivers, recovery
of cattle from **the Dasyus (or the Dravidians)** and the other
boons which on the surface seem to be the object of this ritual
worship.​
Several hymns in the Vedas (such as the one praising Indra) equate Dasyus/Dravidians to evil. I cannot provide any citations, but this racial divide is politically and shamanically present in current day India; Indians are heavily in denial about this matter. This isn’t unique to this region. The Christian Americans equated the Native Americans to Devil Worshippers in order to justify their conquest. It also goes without saying that several Vaishnavite demons are from the Southern region: like Bali, Ravana etc.

The Upanishads do not have this quality. Several scholars like Joseph Campbell believe that it was influenced by the aboriginal non-Vedic inhabitants of India. Hymns for Cows, Horse Sacrifice, Sons, Wealth VERSUS Nachiketas who chooses wisdom over materialism. Tantra and Shaivism are ‘mostly’ free from such corruption.

Therefore it is incorrect to assume that Hinduism is about the Vedas or the Vashnavite avatars, as it is commonly pushed around. Beyond the label of Hinduism, I think it is pivotal for the Indian region to subscribe to Dharma for unity, advancement and spiritual upliftment: सत्यान्नास्तिपरोधर्मः[/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ravana was a Brahmin as the story goes.

Religion Vedic or Non Vedic is mostly man made so I guess we can reject what we feel does not jive with our perception.

God knows what was really meant as Dasyus not that it is relevant to present day life.

Vedas too need not be Pramanyam( authority)..in the Geeta Lord Krishna states that men of lesser intellect are attached to the flowery words of the Vedas that promise higher heavens..so its not as if Krishna was too much into all these ritualistic portion of the Vedas.

So as long as you feel comfortable in what you believe in..that should suffice.

Dharma can even be a countrys constituition and law of a country.

I subscribe to the Hindu faith among many things, but I do not believe in the supremacy of the Vedas, or that of the Brahmins. The Indian civilization has been periodically invaded over the ages, with several groups gaining ascendancy and pushing their own agenda through the propaganda of religion. I understand that this is not a very mainstream thought because the Indian masses believe that they are part of an overloaded noun called ‘Hinduism’, so I thought I’d share some statements by the venerated scholar Aurobindo (page 25):
Gods meant to induce them to shower on the sacrificers material
blessings such as plenty of cows, horses, fighting men, sons, >food,wealth of all kinds, protection, victory in battle, or to bring
down rain from heaven, recover the sun from clouds or from
the grip of Night, the free flowing of the seven rivers, recovery
of cattle from **the Dasyus (or the Dravidians)** and the other
boons which on the surface seem to be the object of this ritual
worship.​
Several hymns in the Vedas (such as the one praising Indra) equate Dasyus/Dravidians to evil. I cannot provide any citations, but this racial divide is politically and shamanically present in current day India; Indians are heavily in denial about this matter. This isn’t unique to this region. The Christian Americans equated the Native Americans to Devil Worshippers in order to justify their conquest. It also goes without saying that several Vaishnavite demons are from the Southern region: like Bali, Ravana etc.

The Upanishads do not have this quality. Several scholars like Joseph Campbell believe that it was influenced by the aboriginal non-Vedic inhabitants of India. Hymns for Cows, Horse Sacrifice, Sons, Wealth VERSUS Nachiketas who chooses wisdom over materialism. Tantra and Shaivism are ‘mostly’ free from such corruption.

Therefore it is incorrect to assume that Hinduism is about the Vedas or the Vashnavite avatars, as it is commonly pushed around. Beyond the label of Hinduism, I think it is pivotal for the Indian region to subscribe to Dharma for unity, advancement and spiritual upliftment: सत्यान्नास्तिपरोधर्मः[/COLOR]

1. "I subscribe to the Hindu faith among many things," - What other faiths do you subscribe to?
2. "
I do not believe in the supremacy of the Vedas, or that of the Brahmins" - You dont have to believe in supremacy of Brahmins in order to be a Hindu. In fact supremacy of Brahmins is not believed by anyone - I am not sure of your motivations in making this statements. Again - or you a Hindu ?
"Several hymns in the Vedas (such as the one praising Indra) equate Dasyus/Dravidians to evil. I cannot provide any citations," - you cannot provide citations but ready to believe in racism in Vedas against Dravidians. This seem like a divisive attempt to isolate Dravidians that they should revolt (set up for conversion)
4. Mostly some unrelated BS

Want to know what is your real agenda to write this muddleheaded piece?

There is a general perception that the words Aryans and Dravidians were created by West to suit their agenda.

Does the word Dravidian really find a place in the Vedas?

I had a chance to read Garuda Puranam s summary . Its scary stuff and it mentions Ganga, Kaveri and Thamirabarani as holy rivers . Dravidians ( Tamilians?? ) have the most temples beautiful temples built for Shiva and Vishnu. So looks like its a single piece of land after all with similar people.

And I also read this in whatsapp message " Fighting in Kaveri instead of Fighting for Kaveri " :D

To the OP - you may want to read some of my earlier posts to understand our correct history.

Dasuyus does.not mean Dravidian.

First off there is NO record of any caucasian whites coming from Europe. Only people who came to.india are the Alexander soldiers and some of them stayed back and settled here. They assimilated into the dracidian lands, intermarried with the locals and adopted our language and customs and contributed to it. Read my earlier posts on this.

Let's get our history correct first.

In the Mahabharata both Rama and Ravana and their generals and their people referred themselves as Aryan as per Valmiki Ramayanam.

Ramayana is based on the Dravidian kings Tamil vs Kannada war as per Jain sanskrit texts - Narasimhavarman vs Pulekeshi. Read sivakamiyan sapatham. This war closely parallels most of the events in Ramayana. So the legend Rama itslef is written on the life times of a Tamil King.

No other war in history has been fought on a lady being kidnapped leading to a major conflict.

Similarly Mahabharata is based on the Dravidian war - Arikesari Maravarman Pandian vs Kurunadu in Kerala where he defeats 100s of.chieftains as per written Tamil inscriptions. No.other war in india has any written inscriptions of a king leading to victory against 100 princes.

Sanskrit is a sister language of Tamil.

Tamil Kings wrote about Ramayana in Sanskrit in Tamil pallava Grantham script all over the temples in South india and South east Asia.

It is like saying let's today as Dravidians conquer another county and in the victory pillars and temples we will write in so called Aryan German language but in Tamil script. How bizzare is that !!! LOL.

I mean why the hell will our ancient Tamils write a so called Aryan Sanskrit in Tamil pallava Grantham script..LOL. unless it is their language !!!

Shouldn't the Sanskrit script be the same as European caucasian script ?? LOL.

So Tamil Kings wrote the ramayana in Sanskrit because it is their language...It was their history...it was their war.....it is a sister language to Tamil!!! Pl read and listen to the chants, you will know it is Tamil Kannada mix.

Ask Shankara calls himself son of dravida in his text !!

Vyasa who.wrote Mahabharata says he is dark skinned in the same text

Agastyiar is known as dark skinned and pot bellied in our ancient texts.

Valmiki who writes Ramayana was a dark skinned dacoit in his text.

Lord Krishna is a dark skinned god. Shiva has matted hairs like the africans !! Similarly most of our gods are described as dark skinned in Sanskrit texts and not white skinned. So all of us including us brahmins worship the dark skinned tamil kings as gods..not white skinned gods !!! Why didn't the Aryans impose their white skinned gods on the Dravidians??

.in Sanskrit... Raja pratyaksha devatha !!! That's why we pray by saying - Rajadi rajaya pratigne sahine ....

Intact there is a deva tribe in Karnataka and they are all dark skinned. That's why the devas / gods are all dark skinned in our texts.

Even today most priests in South india are dark skinned.

Hinduism is infact Tamil culture, tradition and rituals. And it originates from the ancient Tamil village traditions !!!

In short many many castes in South india should be classified as Aryans as per pur sanskrit texts including pandians (pandavas), Kurunadu khastriyans (kauravas)..remember both of them are blood cousins, Rama and his generals, Ravana and his generals etc..
. !! All the warriors in these wars are called Aryans !!

So the Tamils / Dravidians are infact the Aryans as per our texts !!! Well all the stories in Sanskrit are about Tamil Kings and thier people. And you have Tamil and Kannada written inscriptions to prove it.

Most importantly the caste system itself is a dark skinned origin. Only Indians and Ethiopians have this caste system.

To the OP - you may want to read some of my earlier posts to understand our correct history.

Dasuyus does.not mean Dravidian.

First off there is NO record of any caucasian whites coming from Europe. Only people who came to.india are the Alexander soldiers and some of them stayed back and settled here. They assimilated into the dracidian lands, intermarried with the locals and adopted our language and customs and contributed to it. Read my earlier posts on this.

Let's get our history correct first.

In the Mahabharata both Rama and Ravana and their generals and their people referred themselves as Aryan as per Valmiki Ramayanam.

Ramayana is based on the Dravidian kings Tamil vs Kannada war as per Jain sanskrit texts - Narasimhavarman vs Pulekeshi. Read sivakamiyan sapatham. This war closely parallels most of the events in Ramayana. So the legend Rama itslef is written on the life times of a Tamil King.

No other war in history has been fought on a lady being kidnapped leading to a major conflict.

Similarly Mahabharata is based on the Dravidian war - Arikesari Maravarman Pandian vs Kurunadu in Kerala where he defeats 100s of.chieftains as per written Tamil inscriptions. No.other war in india has any written inscriptions of a king leading to victory against 100 princes.

Sanskrit is a sister language of Tamil.

Tamil Kings wrote about Ramayana in Sanskrit in Tamil pallava Grantham script all over the temples in South india and South east Asia.

It is like saying let's today as Dravidians conquer another county and in the victory pillars and temples we will write in so called Aryan German language but in Tamil script. How bizzare is that !!! LOL.

I mean why the hell will our ancient Tamils write a so called Aryan Sanskrit in Tamil pallava Grantham script..LOL. unless it is their language !!!

Shouldn't the Sanskrit script be the same as European caucasian script ?? LOL.

So Tamil Kings wrote the ramayana in Sanskrit because it is their language...It was their history...it was their war.....it is a sister language to Tamil!!! Pl read and listen to the chants, you will know it is Tamil Kannada mix.

Ask Shankara calls himself son of dravida in his text !!

Vyasa who.wrote Mahabharata says he is dark skinned in the same text

Agastyiar is known as dark skinned and pot bellied in our ancient texts.

Valmiki who writes Ramayana was a dark skinned dacoit in his text.

Lord Krishna is a dark skinned god. Shiva has matted hairs like the africans !! Similarly most of our gods are described as dark skinned in Sanskrit texts and not white skinned. So all of us including us brahmins worship the dark skinned tamil kings as gods..not white skinned gods !!! Why didn't the Aryans impose their white skinned gods on the Dravidians??

.in Sanskrit... Raja pratyaksha devatha !!! That's why we pray by saying - Rajadi rajaya pratigne sahine ....

Intact there is a deva tribe in Karnataka and they are all dark skinned. That's why the devas / gods are all dark skinned in our texts.

Even today most priests in South india are dark skinned.

Hinduism is infact Tamil culture, tradition and rituals. And it originates from the ancient Tamil village traditions !!!

In short many many castes in South india should be classified as Aryans as per pur sanskrit texts including pandians (pandavas), Kurunadu khastriyans (kauravas)..remember both of them are blood cousins, Rama and his generals, Ravana and his generals etc..
. !! All the warriors in these wars are called Aryans !!

So the Tamils / Dravidians are infact the Aryans as per our texts !!! Well all the stories in Sanskrit are about Tamil Kings and thier people. And you have Tamil and Kannada written inscriptions to prove it.

Most importantly the caste system itself is a dark skinned origin. Only Indians and Ethiopians have this caste system.

You missed out one fact...remember you said before Jesus = Krishna!

Btw you are wrong!LOL

Our text are not Aryan or Dravidian.
Its Kollywood cine industry where most of the heros are tall dark, skinned and handsome and the heroines are chubby and light skinned...

Most depiction of Gods are the darkskinned males but the goddesses are light skinned full figured with females but occasionally we get a light skinned hero
an a dark skinned female.

Lets take eg.

Vishnu.
Dark..curly haired....Lakshmi..full figured light skinned

Brahma...light skinned with Saraswati..

Shiva...dark.skinned hunk with Parvati who can be both light( gauri) and also dark at times( which is weird cos she hails from himalayas and dark skin is rare there due to cold and altitude)

Krishna..the Superstar..Tall Dark Extremly Handsome.
Rukmini/ Sathyabama...light skinned.

Rama..dark.skinned .Seeta..light skinned

Lakshmana..light skinned..its like in some movies where a dark.skinned hero will have a light skinned bro.

Believe me..its Kollywood!

Last edited:
Hi Renukaji,

the idiotic white skin fixation is due to the junk colonial British occupation. This has unfortunately seeped into our psyche..and reflected in the Kollywood movies,

it it is high time we change this and have the dark skinned girls as heroines in our movies. !!! How beautiful our dark skinned Tamil girls look..and why would anyone not want to cast them in movies ???

As far as our scriptures describing the goddesses, we cannot assume they are lighted skinned since ladies have always been described in many superlative terms and this is common across Sanskrit literature like kalidasa shakuntalam etc..

regards,
JK

Latest ads

Back