• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Help needed for Yajurveda Upakarma - Aug 25'18 @SF

Namaskaram,

I am travelling from India and I am there in San Francisco in that week when "Poonal"/Upakarma for Yajurveda is happening. I wanted some help regarding the same.

1. I wanted to attend the changing poonal ceremony, as I am at San Francisco downtown where should I attend? Is there someone who can pick me up or can I join someone who is coming to a specific venue?
  2. I will get panchapatra udrani with me, apart from that will everything else be given at the venue: poonal, darbai, sesame (yellu), rice, water.
  3. I am travelling to SFO for brief period only and so i can't carry perishable items from India...it has to be sourced locally.

Your response and help on this is highly appreciated!

Thanks

Vasu (Srini)

Namaskaram,

I am travelling from India and I am there in San Francisco in that week when "Poonal"/Upakarma for Yajurveda is happening. I wanted some help regarding the same.

1. I wanted to attend the changing poonal ceremony, as I am at San Francisco downtown where should I attend? Is there someone who can pick me up or can I join someone who is coming to a specific venue?
  2. I will get panchapatra udrani with me, apart from that will everything else be given at the venue: poonal, darbai, sesame (yellu), rice, water.
  3. I am travelling to SFO for brief period only and so i can't carry perishable items from India...it has to be sourced locally.

Thanks

Vasu (Srini)

hi

there are two temples close to SFA california area....1 sunnyvale temple...2 fremont temple.....which ever closer to u...

u will get everything in california....a lot of tamil brahmins there...im from USA TOO...from east coast..

Namaskaram,

Thanks

Vasu (Srini)

hi

there are two temples close to SFA california area....1 sunnyvale temple...2 fremont temple.....which ever closer to u...

u will get everything in california....a lot of tamil brahmins there...im from USA TOO...from east coast..

It is a very good idea to do yajur upakarma in temples. The arrangements at LiverMore temple is very good. But you have to come all the way . Being a new place if you are a first time visitor it may be somewhat difficult for you to travel all the way to San Jose or Fremont for this purpose. If any one of your friends helps, it is ok. If no other way,have faith in Almighty, through audio or video you can do it in your room itself. Faith is more important. I wish and pray someone will help you.

Latest ads

Back