• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Can we restart the practise of upanayanam?

Jai Srimannarayana,

Can we restart the practice of conducting upanayanam say it has been halted for many generations in the family?

Means, can I have my son to have his upanayanam done if his father and grandfather and everyone in the family have now worn the yagnopaveet for generations. We are all Vaishyas and according to Manu Smriti, Vaishyas should also have upanayanam done. How can we restart the practise? We are aspiring Sri Vaishnavas and we have not had our Pancha Samskarams yet since we have no Sri Vaishnava acharyas in Malaysia.

Please kindly tell me the rough procedure on how to get this done.

Alwar Emperumanar Jeeyar Tiruvadigale Saranam.

Jai Srimannarayana,

Can we restart the practice of conducting upanayanam say it has been halted for many generations in the family?

Means, can I have my son to have his upanayanam done if his father and grandfather and everyone in the family have now worn the yagnopaveet for generations. We are all Vaishyas and according to Manu Smriti, Vaishyas should also have upanayanam done. How can we restart the practise? We are aspiring Sri Vaishnavas and we have not had our Pancha Samskarams yet since we have no Sri Vaishnava acharyas in Malaysia.

Please kindly tell me the rough procedure on how to get this done.

Alwar Emperumanar Jeeyar Tiruvadigale Saranam.

Salam Sejahtera..rakan senegara!
Rakyat Malaysia?

Where do you stay?
Cos if u stay in Selangor there is a Vaishnava temple in Puchong which does Upanayanam for those who wish to wear the Yagnopaveet.

Latest ads

Back