• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Happiness begets happiness

prasad1

Teaching happiness and well-being as part of building positive psychology and value education is among the most explored educational ideas of contemporary times. Delhi’s AAP government has recently launched a “happiness curriculum” in 1,000 Delhi government schools, covering about 50,000 teachers and 4 lakh students.

The relevance of such a curriculum is well-established. Yet, there are susceptibilities that the Delhi government may need to consider. The role of teachers in ensuring that such a curriculum is delivered in its true spirit merits careful attention. My interactions with government school teachers in Delhi revealed two concerns. First, they are generally professionally dissatisfied and they stick to the occupation due to the benefits it offers — particularly that of job security and pension. Given such an outlook, wouldn’t it have been better to measure a happiness index among teachers first? It is logical to contend that teachers who are demoralised or stressed will be ill-suited to teach “happitude” to children.

https://indianexpress.com/article/o...o-deliver-new-curriculum-to-students-5265176/

On a personal note, I have attended a number of sessions of Laughing yoga, I do not think it has made any difference.

Latest ads

Back