• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Good day for eye surgery

Hello,Namaskaram I have to choose a day for my cataract eye surgery.the doctor performs his surgeries in the mornings till 10-10.30 a.m I find most of the days have yamagantam or rahukalamGood luc in the mornings .please help me to find a day for my eye surgery. Thanking you With regards., Meena

Good wishes for a speedy recovery.
Is the doctor well qualified? That alone should matter.
Star alignment and rahu kalam should not matter. What if after choosing the proper time, the doctor gets delayed, and performs the operation in Rahu Kalam. Do you think it will go wrong? Do you think that the doctor does not care?

I wish you all success, have faith.

Hello,Namaskaram I have to choose a day for my cataract eye surgery.the doctor performs his surgeries in the mornings till 10-10.30 a.m I find most of the days have yamagantam or rahukalam in the mornings .please help me to find a day for my eye surgery. Thanking you With regards., Meena

Try a tuesday which is generally good for surgery and rahukalam will be after 3 pm

Hello,Namaskaram I have to choose a day for my cataract eye surgery.the doctor performs his surgeries in the mornings till 10-10.30 a.m I find most of the days have yamagantam or rahukalam in the mornings .please help me to find a day for my eye surgery. Thanking you With regards., Meena

Hi...
If you are diabetic make sure your blood sugar levels are well controlled prior to surgery.

Make sure the risks of surgery are explained to you ans which method your doctor is using..either LASER assisted or traditional phacoemulsification.

Make sure there is someone to help you instill eye drops at regular interval post surgery cos that determines the recovery rate.

When all these criteria are met that would automatically translate as the best day for your surgery and better days post surgery.

Dont worry too much about Yama and Rahu.
Yama surely has excellent eye sight since he knows whose neck to put the noose around.

Rahu..he also should be having an excellent eye sight in order to swallow the moon and yet see in an eclipse.

Best of luck for your surgery.

Last edited:
I am diabetic and I got cataract surgery done recently.

Prior to surgery , get blood sugar tests done and certified by your family doctor that your diabetis is under control .

If a laser assisted surgery choose a good doctor for surgery as often operations are botched up.

There is a choice of lenses for cateract from local ones to imported ones costing a lot more.

Have someone with you at the hospital -choose a reputed one as your vision is at stake.

Many times operations get botched up.

Someone close to you should be ready to put eye drops in your operated eye at regular intervals specified.

It might take two to three weeks for healing after operation.

Most reputed hospitals charge exorbitant amount for lens inserted in the eye. Some of them cater to foreign clientele from the gulf or the US.

They care the least for the locals as their concentration is on the dinars or the dollar clientele.

One pays three to four times for a cataract operation in chennai in reputed hospitals in comparison with delhi.

Health care has become a big money making industry.

Without medical insurance cover it is difficult to cope with the expenses.

Lot of extras like bed charges, medicines before and after surgery, room charges for stay before and after operation, post operation check ups four or five visits all add to

costs. Doctors consultation fee by half a dozen doctors at the hospital and operation fee all add up to a tidy sum.

Most covered by Govts health schemes have to shell out a lot not compensated by the govt.

Most reputed hospitals will anyway check for blood sugar, and if there is any abnormal result, they will postpone the surgery.

Post surgery, laser diode treatment might be required and a few more visits, at the hospital for the same. So be prepared for that. The surgery will be usually painless, but during the surgery, strictly follow all instructions. Like, when they will ask you to keep your attention focused on a light source.

Latest ads

Back