• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sodhakumbam and Masikam

Hi all,

My mother expired recently, and I was back in India from abroad to perform the last rights. I performed all those rituals heartfully from day 3 till 12. And we also performed the 13th day at home. Now, due to work constraints, I have to travel back.

Unfortunately, there is no availability of sastrigal in the city I'm traveling to. I will be out of India for the next 4 months.

Now, Is there any way where I can perform 27th and 45th days of Sodhakumbam and monthly Masikams myself?

I'm hoping not to discontinue. I will be back in India for the 6th-month rights. Please advise me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

My mother expired recently, and I was back in India from abroad to perform the last rights. I performed all those rituals heartfully from day 3 till 12. And we also performed the 13th day at home. Now, due to work constraints, I have to travel back.

Unfortunately, there is no availability of sastrigal in the city I'm traveling to. I will be out of India for the next 4 months.

Now, Is there any way where I can perform 27th and 45th days of Sodhakumbam and monthly Masikams myself?

I'm hoping not to discontinue. I will be back in India for the 6th-month rights. Please advise me.

Thanks in advance.

As per my understanding and personal experience you need to do the 27th and 45th also, with the guidance of your priest. Since you have done upto the 13th, I am not sure whether these two can be postponed. There is a "Vaideekam" yahoo groups where you might get detailed advice from priests. So my suggestion is to post your query there also.

oona masikam cannot be postponed. it must be done on the particular days.use skype or watts app. sastrigals will tell you the mantras and you can do it.

Latest ads

Back