• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kerala government school to expel kids wearing Kumkum and sacred threads, new diktat

Is this secularism?

Kerala government school to expel kids wearing Kumkum and sacred threads, new diktat to hurt our beliefs and culture?!

Parents stage massive protests against the new rules!

June 29, 2018

kerala-school.jpg

There was time when we read something about Kerala it would more so be about tourism, lovely weather, rains. But since 5-6 years, there has been a massive change in the way Kerala is functioning. Today, most of the news from Kerala would be on killings, youths joining ISIS, Love Jihad, girls getting raped by Pastors, mass conversion and all negative news.
One would wonder if this the same place which is called the God’s own country!! All these sudden developments to suppress a particular community for a political reason have crossed all limits. Today we are hearing such news that even kids are not being spared in this state.
A government school Principal in Kerala has issued a bizarre diktat saying that students will no longer be allowed to wear Kumkum, sacred threads and anything religious to schools. He has threatened the students of expulsion if they find children wearing sacred thread or kumkum.
This new rule has shocked everyone and especially the parents who are questioning the principal about his motive to speak against Kumkum and sacred threads which are part of our culture. The parents alleged that the principal was indulged in propagating communal agenda. They also alleged that the Principal was used to issue such diktats from time to time but now had sent an official circular threatening to terminate the child from school records and they had objected to the circular in the parent teacher meeting held in the school recently.
What the principal doesn’t realise is that he has no rights to stop anyone from following any religion. The Article 25-28 of the Constitution provides right of expression of religion and no one can ever prevent an individual from following his beliefs.
But many schools in Kerala with a Muslim management have given permission for girls to wear Hijab from Class 1. Before the schools followed the rules of allowing Hijab from Class 5. However, the introduction of Islamic studies and Quran classes in many schools has made the management change the rules for a certain section of people. There have been arrangements made for Friday Namaz as well in many schools.
This was being deliberately done to woo Muslims parents said few school authorities. A report published in Times of India said “Some school authorities are candid enough to admit that this being done to woo Muslim students. “Schools in areas where Muslims are dominant are keen to please parents and ensure student strength. They fear that if they don’t allow children to wear scarves from Class I or don’t introduce Quran or Islamic studies, then parents would be reluctant to send their children to the school,” Confederation of Kerala Sahodaya complexes president K Unnikrishnan said. ”

But this ridiculous diktat against Hindu customs has shown how biased and how anti-Hindu the system is turning out to be. The ultimate aim of these people is to disconnect the Indian culture with the present generation and create a hatred against our own beliefs and traditions. Firm action must be taken against the principal who is trying to brain wash kids with his ridiculous rules.

https://postcard.news/kerala-govern...s-new-diktat-to-hurt-our-beliefs-and-culture/

I am not really surprised to read this.

In USA most of the Indian women have forsaken wearing thAli and keeping bindhi - even while they are at home!

AND They have no remorse for doing this! People of the older generations can not digest or accept this.

The reason for doing these...???

They want to merge with the rest of the population!

In country like USA where people of all colors and varnAs coexist???

Anyone can smell /identify an Indian (or for that matter a person from any race) from a mile away.

Wearing mini skirts / pants / sleeveless clothes and talking in a feigned fake accent do not help much in concealing their real identity.

I continue to be the same as what I had been in India. I think people like it and respect it.

If we detest our own culture... how will the others respect it? :(

Vganeji,
I agree with your post.
The dikat is obviously wrong and misuse of his powers.

Indian Constitution gives the right of expression of religion and such orders that contradicts with the freedom are not doing any good to ensure the secular fabric of our country.

VRji,
What people want and do is free will, not forced orders.

I am not really surprised to read this.

In USA most of the Indian women have forsaken wearing thAli and keeping bindhi - even while they are at home!

AND They have no remorse for doing this! People of the older generations can not digest or accept this.

The reason for doing these...???

They want to merge with the rest of the population!

In country like USA where people of all colors and varnAs coexist???

Anyone can smell /identify an Indian (or for that matter a person from any race) from a mile away.

Wearing mini skirts / pants / sleeveless clothes and talking in a feigned fake accent do not help much in concealing their real identity.

I continue to be the same as what I had been in India. I think people like it and respect it.

If we detest our own culture... how will the others respect it? :(
hi

many indian women do the same in hindu temple too..

Really weird!
In Malaysia most Tamil Hindu kids wear vibuthi/ pottu to school.

Many wear threads around their wrists too.
Even Buddhist kids wear threads around their wrists and totally allowed.
Cultural signs and symbols are allowed.

I dont get it why Kerala has a problem.

Wow..we are much better than Kerala!

Last edited:
Really weird!
In Malaysia most Tamil Hindu kids wear vibuthi/ pottu to school.

Many wear threads around their wrists too.
Even Buddhist kids wear threads around their wrists and totally allowed.
Cultural signs and symbols are allowed.

I dont get it why Kerala has a problem.

Wow..we are much better than Kerala!
hi

even though malaysia is muslim majority country.....some times much better than india....in religious matters...

When we are given 100% freedom we must use it wisely!
Women wearing mini skirt is USA is bad enough.
Women wearing it in India is even worse.
But we have a dress code in most of the temples in Kerala and T.N.
I am yet to see any girl /woman is revealing clothes in an Indian temple!

hi

many indian women do the same in hindu temple too..

Wearing mini skirts / pants / sleeveless clothes and talking in a feigned fake accent do not help much in concealing their real identity.....

is done in vain in an attempt to merge with the rest of the people!

I believe in the philosophy, "Be yourself ! Do your best!"

Imitation is suicide... even when it is successful.

If it is also unsuccessful....it is a case of

"kana mayil aadak kaNdiruntha vaan kOzhi..."

Vganeji,
I agree with your post.
The dikat is obviously wrong and misuse of his powers.

Indian Constitution gives the right of expression of religion and such orders that contradicts with the freedom are not doing any good to ensure the secular fabric of our country.

VRji,
What people want and do is free will, not forced orders.

TRUE! People do what they do on their own free will!!!

But do you think it justifies everything everybody does???

Swami Vivekananda once called Kerala a ‘lunatic asylum’. Is it still one?

The caste system and untouchability that prevailed in Kerala in the 19th century prompted Swami Vivekananda to call Kerala a `lunatic asylum’. Thanks to the efforts of social reformers like Sree Narayana Guru, Mannathu Padmanabhan, K Kelappan, V.T.Bhattathirippad etc, untouchability has died down and Kerala has become a model for other states in communal harmony.
Temples, mosques and churches coexist in Kerala without creating any communal tension. There are churches where Hindus offer worship and Muslims too make offerings in some temples. Religious festivals of one community is celebrated with gusto by members of other religions.

But all this is becoming a thing of the past. Today, there is growing intolerance and mistrust among religious communities toward each other.
The policy of communal appeasement followed by political parties of left and right persuasions has much to do with this situation. If the E M S Namboothiripad ministry was responsible for the creation of the Muslim-majority Malappuram district, the Muslim League and Kerala Congress which are part of the Congress-led UDF dispensation are responsible for pampering the Muslim and Christian communities. This has made Hindu organisations such as the SNDP Yogam angry and frustrated.
The Muslim Ministers in the UDF Government were the first to display their religious intolerance when they publicly refused to light traditional lamps at Government functions, holding it to be part of Hindu tradition.
In a recent incident, mega star Mammootty lighted the lamp and when he passed over the lighter to the minister he refused to light the lamp as he believes it is a religious ritual of the Hindus. This angered Mammootty, who said: “The Minister’s behaviour is not right. I am a man who follows Muslim religion and rituals. I observe every ritual a Muslim should observe and fast in every Ramzan month as well. But I light the lamp in many inaugural functions and I don’t think that there is anything wrong in that.”
There is also reluctance among Muslims to practise yoga, especially in educational institutions run by them, as they consider it to be part of Hindu religion and not of the great Indian culture.
The Christian community is generally known to have a broader outlook in religious matters. But there is increasing polarisation even in that community. The Synod of the Kerala-based Syro Malabar Catholic Church recently directed the young Catholic priests to drop their Hindu names and instead use only their Christian names given at the time of baptism as a “mark of their Christian identity”. Often many Christian girls and boys have more than one name — one name in the register of baptism, and another by which the child is usually known. The Church directive comes at a time when many in the young generation of Catholic priests have started sporting names identified with the Hindus.

Religious intolerance shown by other communities is inviting backlash from the Hindus. Recently, literary critic M M Basheer had to abruptly stop a column on the Ramayana in a Malayalam newspaper following a torrent of abusive calls received by him from unnamed persons who upbraided him for writing on Rama when he was a Muslim. “Every day, I would get repeated calls abusing me for writing on the Ramayana. At the age of 75, I was being reduced to just a Muslim. I couldn’t take it and I stopped writing,” he told a newspaper.
The growing communal divide is fraught with dangerous consequences for the state. This is well-articulated by Congress leader and former Defence Minister A K Antony, who said: “Ker­ala is in the grip of communal forces and that will end in a catastrophe. But, looking at the way the new generation is celebrating caste, the words of Swami Vive­kananda reverberate like a doomsday prophecy now: Kerala is becoming a lunatic asylum.”
http://www.folomojo.com/swami-vivekananda-once-called-kerala-a-lunatic-asylum-is-it-still-one/

Latest ads

Back