Tamil Brahmins
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sravna View Post
    We go by physical boundaries and think reality is discrete. Would you trust your eyes or your brain? Sense organs cannot perceive all. What about consciousness? It needs a brain to perceive. So isnt the reality perceived by brain something beyond what sense organs or any physical measuring instruments can perceive or measure? Consciousness also points out to the fact that perception is unified at higher level . So the reality is also unified.

The perception of the sense organs is contained in the perception of brain and not vice versa. In principle we can measure and perceive anything that is physical. If something is not measurable or perceivable by sense organs or instruments it is not physical. Is there any physical instrument that can grasp the totality of consciousness? We are no where even when it comes to making even a supercomputer understand the totality of a simple sentence. So why talk about making a machine understand consciousness in its totality? btw, even among people, there are the truly analytical ones whose minds work only like that of a computer.

So my conjecture in a logical way is, consciousness points to a non physical reality which is a unification of all the discrete physical entities. Our ancestors have said much farther saying that there is a spiritual reality too and in some great mind boggling detail but I will just stop here and let readers give their views on a drop of what would be a gigantic ocean of spiritual knowledge that emerged from our land.
    Dear Shri a-TB,

The above is post 1. You say that according to me experiencing consciousness requires brain but the perception of brain requires consciousness. I think this is what you call circular logic.

It can be simply understood as brain producing consciousness and that consciousness perceiving the brain. This is called as self awareness . This requires that brain produces a holistic energy. What is the flaw in this logic? Kindly elucidate.

I am simplifying a lot to make my point.
    Regards,
    Srinivasan Vaidyaraman
    http://www.sravnatestprep.com
    https://twitter.com/sravna2
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sravna View Post
    Dear Shri a-TB,

The above is post 1. You say that according to me experiencing consciousness requires brain but the perception of brain requires consciousness. I think this is what you call circular logic.

It can be simply understood as brain producing consciousness and that consciousness perceiving the brain. This is called as self awareness . This requires that brain produces a holistic energy. What is the flaw in this logic? Kindly elucidate.

I am simplifying a lot to make my point.
    Dear Mr Sravana :

If the basics are right only then we can talk about simplifying or complicating a view. Let us stick to what you just said.

How do I know there is something called consciousness ? Because I have a brain to know the existence of consciousness.
    OK , then how do I know there is something called brain? Because it is the existence of consciousness that makes me know I have a brain that exists.

In other words existence of two things are tied to each other's existence. That is not holistic but flaw in thinking. I called it circular logic.

Let me give an example.

Say I want to go to Mr Sravana's house and I ask where does Mr Sravana live?
    The answer is he lives next door to Mr Vaagmi's place.
    Then I ask - where does Mr Vaagmi live? Answer is he lives next to Mr Sravana's place

The above is useless to reach Mr Sravana's place

Makes sense?
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Dear Shri a-TB,

Let us assume that because of the activities in the brain, a higher energy emerges. That energy is little more than all the energy that went into making it and that is the making of self awareness because it is a whole and not just the parts alone. So brain creates consciousness and consciousness is aware of itself and represents the big picture activities of the brain.
    Regards,
    Srinivasan Vaidyaraman
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Let me make a clarification. I said that consciousness needs a brain to perceive to contrast that with the perceptions of the sensory organs which are limited in scope and reality.
    Regards,
    Srinivasan Vaidyaraman
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Dear Mr Sravana:

It is time consuming to parse each of your sentence for all kinds of logical issues. I admit defeat in communicating the issues because you keep imagining all kinds of things. You have woven a web of logical flaws out of which you cannot get out of and keep weaving more webs of imagination as a response.

So let us leave this as is
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123