• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ardhanareeswarar!

Janaki Jambunathan

written by a daughter paying tributes to her late mother on Father's day Her mother is Jambus மாமா பாெண்ணு

She lost her husband in a road accident on the day her daughter was born She then moved to Thirunelveli from Adasani.with her 2 sons and one daughter They did well in studies and hold high position to day Beautifully written full of emotion!

Amma, happy Father’s Day ��
When that one parent became both mother and father,
When that one parent became our world,
When that one parent lived with life long grief but celebrated our smallest joy,
When that one parent bundled all her feelings so her expressions were only in the subtext,
When that single parent walked miles to save five paise so she could make us feel rich someday,
When that one parent tried her level best to play dual role, though only grew up to be a woman,
But urged upon to be man without being manly,
When that one parent wore both saris and pants,
When that one parent made the decision for what kind of rice to buy and finalised the fridge brand,
When that one parent had to go to the authorities every year to prove that she was alive, single and not remarried,
When that one parent had to forgo her needs to meet her children’s needs,
When that one parent had to live multiple lives yet having lost her life ,
When that one parent watched over our health while she was in and out of her own darkness,
When that one parent made a choice to be a bread maker while managed to win the bread,
When that one parent was under watchful ,judgemental eyes of the world , yet she couldn’t care a damn ,
When that one parent became the epitome of all the carrot and stick principles of child rearing,
When that one parent invested her frugal wealth in her children and never let poverty came in our way ,
When that one parent was our shadow, anchor, rope.....
I knew that our mother also became a father,
She was the meaning of Ardhanareeswara.
Glad you showed that one exists within the other ,
One can’t exist without the other
Duality in the singleness!
Amma, happy Father’s Day !
Ammavum neeye! Appavum Neeye!

Copied frm face book.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2048402255372109&id=100006070620997

Last edited:
written by a daughter paying tributes to her late mother on Father's day Her mother is Jambus மாமா பாெண்ணு

She lost her husband in a road accident on the day her daughter was born She then moved to Thirunelveli from Adasani.with her 2 sons and one daughter They did well in studies and hold high position to day Beautifully written full of emotion!

When that one parent lived with life long grief but celebrated our smallest joy,
When that one parent bundled all her feelings so her expressions were only in the subtext,
When that single parent walked miles to save five paise so she could make us feel rich someday,
When that one parent tried her level best to play dual role, though only grew up to be a woman,
When that one parent made the decision for what kind of rice to buy and finalised the fridge brand,
When that one parent had to go to the authorities every year to prove that she was alive, single and not remarried,
When that one parent watched over our health while she was in and out of her own darkness,
When that one parent made a choice to be a bread maker while managed to win the bread,
When that one parent was under watchful ,judgemental eyes of the world , yet she couldn’t care a damn ,
When that one parent became the epitome of all the carrot and stick principles of child rearing,
When that one parent invested her frugal wealth in her children and never let poverty came in our way ,

Copied frm face book.

Very true and well written. There can not be a better tribute that mother.

Copied frm face book.

Very nice.

This is her response to comment - Yes I remember that fateful day in face book!

Yes ! Fate is very strange- to be born at the same time at father’s death, I have not been able to unravel life’s mystery and message. All I know is that there is a bigger design than what I could fathom. As a child I couldn’t comprehend the enormity of loss of a spouse for her, becoming a young widow, single mother for three children, the closed doors of life....
I guess I didn’t feel the loss of my father as I never had him. My brothers must have been overwhelmed with life long grief. I mostly had many unanswered questions. As I grew up, as an adult I could imagine ( not the same as living it) the agony; the intense pain and loneliness; the scary part of being a young widow; the love hate association she had towards me. All I can be is very grateful.

Last edited:
The original post and response to the comments are very well written.

In fact it is the story of many a woman in our country.

I have wondered with pain many a time -- why this inequality in the scheme of things/creation, why this vulnerability that comes and attaches itself right from the time of birth and why this subtle discrimination and all.

Women are the most perfect creatures in the creation and yet they are the ones who get a raw deal.

My anguish just gets back to me like the "yatha vacha nivartante.............."

I am touched.......

Latest ads

Back