• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Happy Father's Day

S

swathi25

To all the Dads...

happy-fathers-day.gif

Source: Google images.

Thought of sharing this article which is more appropriate

[h=1]Remembering My Father on Father’s Day[/h]By Dr. Hyder Zahed

A dad is someone who
holds you when you cry,
scolds you when you break the rules,
shines with pride when you succeed,
and has faith in you even when you fail...

Unknown

Our parents are our first role models. Fathers teach us the difference between right and wrong, provide for us with love, affection, stability and security that we need while we are growing up. All they seem to want in return is love and respect. Even though we honor and appreciate fathers throughout our lives, to mark and celebrate Father’s Day is a memorable and important event.
When I think of my own father, I recall his generosity and compassion toward us and more importantly toward all who crossed his path. We mostly noticed how, each month he would apportion certain amounts of his salary for persons in need, as well as, to charitable organizations. Each time he stepped out, he would carry small treats for impoverished children playing in the street. In a country like India, there were always tons of young children playing on city streets. I would often accompany him on these walks. Seeing a smile brighten a child’s little face seemed to be the greatest highlight in his life. What I learnt from my father was to share with others whatever you are enjoying in your own life. If we are enjoying prosperity, share some of that with those who don’t have enough.

This brings me to the role of fathers in today’s world.
We have at least two types of fathers. Ones who do not participate as much in raising their children, and the young fathers I see everywhere: In line for day-care pickups, wearing baby slings at the store, awake at 3:00 a.m. for a feeding or attending their children’s sport events.

Read more at: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-hyder-zahed/remembering-my-father-on-_b_7625996.html

hi

A dad is someone who
holds you when you cry,
scolds you when you break the rules,
shines with pride when you succeed,
and has faith in you even when you fail...

nice words...

As I grow old without my wishing it,I find I have become a Father figure to many.

Most bend to touch my feet leaving me embarassed.

I have Fathers day card thrust on me.

Most interesting experience was couple of third gender women [dressed as women] asked me for blessings touching my feet when I was basking in morning sun.

I promptly called them Beti and wished them.

Undeserved respect that father figures get in India is unmatched and nowhere in the world this happens to this extent,

I have started feeling older than my years and I feel for all fathers who are made God like figure on Fathers day

Latest ads

Back