• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How to gain confidence in spiritual way?

Which god to pray for gaining back the confidence? I'm losing my confidence... I felt I must go spiritual way gain my confidence. Which God I should Worship for gaining my confidence... Or any shlokas. Please help me. :help:

Not sure if there is any stigma to what I want to say in India.

You should first consult a therapist or psychiatrist who can give right medication to becoming calm. Take that Doctor as a Devatha first.

Then go to any temple of your choice and pray. The exact deity does not matter.

Finally stop taking yourself seriously. You can lead a fine life without confidence in everything

Best wishes to you

Dear Dilip Kumar,

Confidence develops over a long period of time if it is not naturally present. It is something that is the consummation of your accomplishments. Do not worry. The learning process is as exciting as the end result. The physical and mental world exist only for learning purpose. You are not ill in any way if you lack in confidence. The world is full of them.

Spiritual path is an excellent path to build your confidence quickly if you are spiritually inclined. In kali yuga, the essence of the path is try to be righteous but guard yourself against those who try to take advantage of your goodness. This process itself takes care of the end result which will make you a fully positive person.

As an implementation aid try to be humorous in the right way, be empathetic and try to overcome your emotions. These are in increasing order of difficulty.

Last edited:
Which god to pray for gaining back the confidence? I'm losing my confidence... I felt I must go spiritual way gain my confidence. Which God I should Worship for gaining my confidence... Or any shlokas. Please help me. :help:

Dear Sir..

Confidence is familiarity.
Its an acquired ability due to priming of the brain/mind to a particular situation.

For eg..most of us can drive a car.
We learnt how to drive..we will never feel we dont feel confident to drive if everything else remains the same.

We only lose confidence to drive if we had some disability for eg a stroke then after recovery we might feel scared to drive again till we try.

Likewise..you must be losing confidence in just some very specific situations.
It cant be everything.

If its everything then you could be having some form of depression.

No one is confident in everything.
In fact only an irresponsible person or a foolish person who feel confident 24/ 7.

A person with a functioning good IQ would always be watchful and even lie low from being over confident to prevent gross blunders.

Now coming to your question..Which God to pray too.
Seems to be me you are projecting this feeling of lack of confidence even on God.

What is the matter with your current mode of worship?
Not feeling confident of the current devata or mantra?

This shows we are seeking something external to solve the problem.

Confidence is not something that can be got from.a mantra or tantra or any spirituality ..its only the mind that can feel confident that too to prior exposure.

For eg if I am driving in a familiar region I feel confident..but if its an unfamiliar region..i feel a little scared.

So would I worry about this?
No..cos its normal.

So just do this simple exercise..take a paper and pen and write down the activities that you are confident of handling and the activities you are not confident off.

Then write down why you feel confident for some and not confident for some.

See what you can rectify..if you cant handle some situations...just let it go.
Focus on what you handle well.

Dear Mam,

It's not about being confident in the current mantra. I've seen ppl telling that Goddess Saraswathi for Education & Goddess Lakshmi for wealth so I felt there must be particular God or Mantra something for gaining confidence & come out of fear.

Thank you so much :pray2:

Dear Mam,

It's not about being confident in the current mantra. I've seen ppl telling that Goddess Saraswathi for Education & Goddess Lakshmi for wealth so I felt there must be particular God or Mantra something for gaining confidence & come out of fear.

Thank you so much :pray2:

Dear Sir..

That is what we were made to believe.

Just say someone tells you worship Jesus or Allah to gain confidence..as a Hindu you might not be inclined to do so.

Saraswati or Lakshmi or any other deva or devi are just deified functional aspects of the one and only God whom we call in different names.

Saraswati wont grant knowledge and neither Lakshmi grants money.
Knowledge comes from studying..hard work and resources.

Money comes and goes..depending on loss and gain of our jobs.

Ever wondered why Lakshmi is called described as fickle?
Its just logic here that income can be subject to change.

No God will grant us confidence..we just have to figure out what makes us comfortable.

Some of us for example myself..i dont even like travelling for holidays cos I dont feel comfortable in locations i am not familiar.
Is it lack of confidence in travelling?
Well..may be..but does it bother me?

No.
Not me but it bothers others that i dont like holidays.

I feel what you are going tru is mostly conflict with others that your personal preferences and choice might not seem to be what is in vogue and that is wrongly translated as lacking confidence.

So dont worry.

Dear Mam,

Yes, I got your point. I've to figure out everything why I'm feeling like this. As of now the only thing I feel confident is while riding my bike, I love traveling. Thank you so much, mam. :pray2:

Dear Mam,

Yes, I got your point. I've to figure out everything why I'm feeling like this. As of now the only thing I feel confident is while riding my bike, I love traveling. Thank you so much, mam. :pray2:

Good...so take some time off and travel.

Oh wow, that's really awesome mam... Thank you for sharing the interesting information mam...
I don't know if I can become a Guruji mam but I'm helping some of my friends(the online friend from different countries) who are younger than me by guiding them. Only recent days I've lost my confidence maybe I can gain it back soon mam.

hehe, I always wear helmet mam friend's keep pulling my leg for following the rules...

Latest ads

Back