• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Where can i get devotional Slokas book centre for Children?

Hi,
I am from Nanganallur, Chennai. I need to purchase slokas books for my kids. Where can i get that in chennai?
The souvenir released by Sri Rama Bhakta Jana Sabha, K.K. Nagar, Chennai (23661529) is a book of Prarthana Slokas. It is a comprehensive collection of hymns invoking the main deities of the Hindu pantheon, from Ganesa to Anjaneya.
Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam, Sri Lalitha Sahasranamam, Sri Rudram, Chamakam, Subramanya Bhujangam, Hanuman Chalisa, etc are some of the slokas that find a place in the volume. Both the Sanskrit version and the English transliteration are given for the benefit of those who cannot read Tamil.
The volume is interspersed with attractive pictures. A word about the cover – an exquisite picture of Rama, Sita and Hanuman. A brief note explains that Keshav’s creation depicts the episode after the Coronation. A pleased Sita gifts a precious necklace to Anjaneya, with Rama’s consent. Sri Rama dhootha is holding the jewel with great veneration. The earthy and muted shades in which the scene and the characters are painted make the visual riveting.
The souvenir contains pictures of the Samaj’s music festival of 2009-10 and Sri Rama Navami festival of last year. The Samaj publishes ‘Bhakti Sudha,’ a pocket book edition of slokas in Tamil, a must in the collection of the spiritually inclined.
Sri Rama Bhakta Jana Samaj is located at S/17-B (New 106-B), Ponnambalam Salai, K.K. Nagar, Chennai 600078.

Sir
There are bookshop like Giri Trading near Anjaneyar temple Nanganallur or near Ayothya Mandapam West Mambalam and shop near Kabaliswarer Temple in Mylapore. There you will get books for daily prayers and other books for children.
N RAMAKRISHNAN

Latest ads

Back