Tamil Brahmins
    venkat0089 Guest

1000 year old srinivasar temple needs Vaishnavas help

0 Not allowed!
    Today I visited a 1000 year old Temple in a village called Marchenahalli that just beyond Channapatna (from Bengaluru) and I am quite disturbed at what I saw. The village was orignally called Maarichana-halli (after Maarichan of Ramayana) and then became Ramanujapuram after Sri Udayavar established the the Srinivasa Perumal Temple there. The present Archakar is doing his best to keep performing the daily Poojas. He is the only Brahmin in the Village now - there used to be 200 Brahmin Families living in Agraharam in the past. And he is doing it as his family is the last to take care of the Perumal.

The Sadaari and the bamboo basket in the Temple were very much used by Udayavar.

As I could make out, Permual hasn't received even Thaila-kaappu for years. Seems the present Archakar has tried reaching out to various Hindu Establishments to take up the maintenance of the Temple but of no avail.

More than any Hindu Religious Establishments, we Brahmins - especially Vaishnavites must do their bit in increasing the patronage of such Temples. Hence my appeal to all my Vaishnavite connections to consider in doing whatever they could.

I also understand that there are 100s of such Temples in Tamilnadu and elsewhere and to be honest, I was very much disinterested in the past. But today after seeing this Temple, I am quite shaken.

Archagar name Chakrapani. Mobile . 9880121623. He lives very close to temple

Map:
    K.V.Narayana Iyengar Marchanahalli
    Ramanujapuram, Karnataka 562160
    098801 21623