• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

He took a photo of graffiti at Zion National Park. Social media found the vandal, off

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Joe Braun, a photographer and avid hiker, could hardly believe it.
Someone had used a permanent marker to inscribe a heart and an Instagram account name on a rock at Angels Landing in Zion National park.
"I spat some water at the writing and rubbed a bit just to see if it would come off easily,” Braun later wrote on Facebook. “It would not ... It makes me very sad that so many people don't know how to behave in our national parks."
Then Braun, a professional photographer who has shot many photos at Zion National Park and others, took it one step further: He snapped a photo of his upraised middle finger at the graffiti and posted it on Facebook.

After a “swift and severe backlash” on social media by people who tracked down the Instagram address in the photo, the vandal contacted park authorities to confess, Zion National Park officials told the Deseret News. The Instagram account has since been deleted.
Crews cleaned the rock Monday, but restoration can be a long and costly process, park officials told the publication. The vandal, whom authorities did not identify, faces possible criminal and civil penalties.
Braun told McClatchy on Tuesday that he worried the graffiti might encourage others to follow suit.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article211165489.html

I should have done something like that. I was so saddened by the graffiti in Ellora caves. Do you think it will work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back