• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Buffett's advice on investing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good one!! We normally tend to buy a stock based on other's advice...We hardly do any research! Now Buffett says that one should not treat it as a stock of a Company but as a Business!! Real pearls of wisdom!!

Source: Facebook
31944406_10215934272812390_7329640313742426112_n.jpg

For me reading Warren Buffet's books helped me develop the proper mental framework to enter stock market boldly and I was immensely benefited by it .

Billionaire investor Warren Buffett told CNBC on Monday that if someone invested $10,000 in an index fund back in 1942, it would be worth $51 million today.

"The best single thing you could have done on March 11, 1942 — when I bought my first stock — was buy an index fund," Buffett told CNBC's "Squawk Box."

Since that time, Buffett said that Americans have seen 14 U.S. presidents, a world war, 9/11 and the Cuban Missile Crisis. "The only thing you had to believe in [1942] is that America would win the war and that America would progress as it has ever since 1776," he said. "The headlines were terrible every day."

Buffett, who was 11-years-old in 1942, said that people can be enticed into the stock market at the wrong time, adding all investors need to do is "buy a cross-section of America."

"Most people get excited about a stock or the market after it's gone up," Buffett, now 87, said. "I mean their neighbor made a lot of money and they know they're smarter than their neighbor. ... It's very frustrating."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/07/warren-buffett-10000-invested-in-an-index-fund-when-i-bought-my-first-stock-in-1942-would-be-worth-51-million-today.html?__source=yahoo%7Cfinance%7Cheadline%7Cstory%7C&par=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back