• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is it possible to criticize the government and be patriotic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

I post articles critical of the government policies, I was called out as Anti-India.
People confuse between State and Government.

To Question is Our Duty

It is our duty, as people to question everything that can possibly be questioned. It is our duty to look into matters that involve us and every law, regulation, war, and policy affects us. Without individual thought, there can be no democracy, to not question our president would make our president a dictator. "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism" -Thomas Jefferson.

It's no more impossible than being in love with someone but still being able to tell them how they've hurt you. You can love the country you live in and support it, but offer constructional criticism to the government. You have to be pretty narrow minded to say you're either 100% for it or 100% against it. Nothing will ever be 100% perfect, but you can still support those things and offer them ways to improve themselves.

Compiled from Internet sources.

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]In the field of politics, the difference between state and government can be a little confusing. In a very general sense, the word state refers to the present state of someone or something in a given time. It also refers to a governed entity such as a province and even a country as a whole. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A government, on the other hand, is a kind of agency through which authority is exercised by political units[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. The word government is only used as a [/FONT]noun [FONT=&quot]while the word state is used as a noun as well as a [/FONT]verb[FONT=&quot].
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
A state generally occupies a certain geographic area. A state is characterized by the presence of culture, language, people and history as well. A state is an independent entity characterized by certain tasks to be carried out.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A government is an organization that has the power to make and enforce laws for a definite territory. The word ‘govern’ has the meaning of ‘power to administrate’.

So one can be against the Present Government but not against the state.

Being against the present administration is not anti-national.

[/FONT]
https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-state-and-government/

Only bad dictators like Idi Amin or Stalin will think that they are the country and the government.

In a democracy, it is right to criticize the government and not castigated as anti-national.

Similarly If one opposes an aberration in Hinduism, that is not Anti-Hinduism.

Raja Ram Mohan Rai opposed Sati a prevailing Hindu Practice. He was a Champion of Hinduism.

Only bad dictators like Idi Amin or Stalin will think that they are the country and the government.

In a democracy, it is right to criticize the government and not castigated as anti-national.

Similarly If one opposes an aberration in Hinduism, that is not Anti-Hinduism.

Raja Ram Mohan Rai opposed Sati a prevailing Hindu Practice. He was a Champion of Hinduism.

In a democratic nation..Government is subject to change.

What is the Government today would be the Opposition tomorrow.
What is the Opposition today would be the Government tomorrow.

So we can preach to a politician..

"What did you lose that you cry about?
What did you ever bring with you, which you think you have lost?
What did you produce, which you think got destroyed?
You did not bring anything - whatever you have, you received from the people. Whatever you have given, you have given only to yourself
. Whatever you took, you took from the people.
Whatever you gave, you gave to yourself.
You came empty handed, but you will leave full handed...if not so lucky you would land in prison"

My post was directed to the person who thinks I am ANTI-India, just because, I dare criticize the present BJP government.
I have also been called Anti-Hindu because I call some of the practice as hypocrisy, or misguided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back