Tamil Brahmins
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads

1 Not allowed!
    These things happen all the time, in all ages. All or most of them may not be reported, or if reported, won't get publicity, thats all. In my childhood, I have read similar stories in the papers about the Kashmiri Panditas killed and their girls of very young ages brutally raped, to terrorize them into leaving the valley. Similarly I read of such incidents in the past, in Bangladesh just before the independence of that nation, in Pakistan in the aftermath of the demolition of the disputed site at Ayodhya..... At this moment, similar incidents might well be happening in any of the African countries or in the lesser developed countries of South America. So don't such happenings occur in Developed countries? Well not exactly like this, but I read of an incident 10 yrs ago when in Austria a man repeatedly raped his daughter for many years in an underground house and had multiple children out of her, while living a perfectly respectable life with his legal wife and children upstairs.
    Last edited by KRN; 19-04-2018 at 11:32 PM.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    What is the point of reporting or reposting Historical facts or fiction?
    Is it to dilute of discredit THIS particular brutal act?

Then report the Historical ethnic cleansing.
    Even emperor Ashoka even after conversion to Buddhism tortured Jains.
    Does that reduce this brutality?
    Why are we hiding from our own ugliness? If you keep sweeping under the rug, it does not go away.
    One day you have to dust under the rug.

Yes, there has been Cannibalism among humans in History, but if it happens today it should still shock us.

Please don't sell us short. We should be able to face our ugliness.

Please read Modiji comments in post#20.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    'Question your sons' says Indian PM Modi amid ongoing rape outrage

Faced with a growing torrent of outrage both at home and abroad, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has moved to address his country's persistent issue with sexual violence, asserting "rape is rape" and should not be politicized.

The comments come amid stinging criticism from India's former leader over Modi's alleged mishandling of the issue, following a string of particularly brutal rape cases which have shocked the nation and triggered countrywide protests.

Modi, who is currently visiting the UK, made the remarks Wednesday during an address to selected members of the Indian-diaspora in London.

"A rape is a rape. How can we tolerate this torture with our daughters? You are always questioning your daughters, why don't you ask the same questions to your sons? I believe this is the evil of not just the individual but also of the society," he said.

"This is a matter of great concern for the country. The people who are committing the sin are someone's son."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/asia/modi-rape-politicized-india-intl/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&u tm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_latest+%28RSS%3A+CN N+-+Most+Recent%29

Last edited by prasad1; 20-04-2018 at 04:41 AM.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    PM Modi needs to pay more attention to women: IMF chief

HIGHLIGHTS

• "What has happened (in India) is just revolting. I would hope that the Indian authorities, starting with PM Modi pay more attention because it is needed for the women of India," Lagarde said
    • Her sharp remarks come in the backdrop of nationwide outrage over the rape cases in Jammu and Kashmir's Kathua and Uttar Pradesh's Unnao

Describing the latest incident of outrageous rape and murder of an eight-year-old girl in India as "revolting", IMF chief Christine Lagarde on Thursday hoped that the Indian authorities starting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi would pay more attention to it.

Her sharp remarks come in the backdrop of a nationwide outrage over the rape cases in Jammu and Kashmir's Kathua and Uttar Pradesh's Unnao.

What has happened (in India) is just revolting. I would hope that the Indian authorities, starting with Prime Minister Modi, pay more attention because it is needed for the women of India," Lagarde said.

"When I was last in Davos after Prime Minister Modi's speech, I did tell him that he had not mentioned the women of India enough. And it's not just a question of talking about them," the Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund said.

She quickly clarified that this was her personal position and not that of the IMF. "By the way this is not an IMF official position. It is my position," she said.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/63836191.cms

Last edited by prasad1; 20-04-2018 at 05:03 AM.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prasad1 View Post
    What is the point of reporting or reposting Historical facts or fiction?
    Is it to dilute of discredit THIS particular brutal act?

Please read Modiji comments in post#20.
    I didn't report any fiction. I reported some incidents that have inflicted colossal pain among people and they are still suffering from it, and yet there was no resentment expressed among the media, intellectuals, or the political powers. Nobody is there to raise a protest, not even the present government of india. Incidents like the pain inflicted on the daughters of Kashmiri pandits are/were explained away as collateral damage caused by "natural uprising" of freedom fighters (not terrorists, not jehadis).

So let me ask back - what is the point behind your ignoring the pain, humiliation inflicted on our Kashmiri sisters, the daughters of the Pandits, despite my mentioning them? What is the point in your dismissing such acts of ethnic cleansing as "fiction"? What is the "real instinct" behind your lethargy in condemning such acts?

Is it to dilute or discredit the brutal acts inflicted upon the Pandits?

And as for my reporting other historical facts, it is to state briefly that hatred breeds hatred.

This kind of hatred between the people in Jammu and those in in Kashmir valley has been around for many many centuries. To generalise it, to apply it to the whole country, to ascribe some other extraneous reason to this incident, like how have done is to grossly mis-interpret matters.

Yes, there has been Cannibalism among humans in History, but if it happens today it should still shock us.

Please don't sell us short. We should be able to face our ugliness.
    It is not history and it is still happening today. Lots of similar incidents happen in present day india.

Some people behaved ugly. Some have been arrested and charged. Let the due process of law happen. But the question is, why are you so quiet on the similar acts that happened in Kashmir and continue to happen?

Do you know that there was widespread arson and violence in many parts of Kerala and elsewhere as a result of an unannounced Hartal ostensibly to protest this act, but as been revealed now, a well planned attempt to provoke communal tension against hindus?

I don't see any message trying to analyse "the real instinct lurking behind" such attempts at provoking communal tension.

But it is as a direct result of such communal hatred, that the Pandits were terrorized into leaving their land, and let me repeat, after great violence was inflicted on them, their girls raped brutally!

When something bad happens to an individual, it makes news. When it happens to many, it becomes a statistic or a political event.
    Last edited by KRN; 20-04-2018 at 12:56 PM.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Yesterday I was surprised to find that the latest movie

'Naachiyaar' was free, online!
    Watched it in one go .....

Can we ever find any brave police officer, like that heroine?
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123