• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Spirituality above religion and Science

Status
Not open for further replies.

sravna

Science talks about truths that are universal. Spirituality spells out not only universal truths but also timeless truths. So spirituality describes reality at a level higher than Science.

Similarly religions talks about Gods but they are different Gods. Spirituality rises above religions and gives a higher level description of divinity.

Oneness is the pervading theme of sprituality with truth being one , God being one , truth and God being one.

"Rise above Spirituality..then you realize there was nothing at all to even rise above from.

If you are still climbing steps...you haven't reached your destination...if you have reached your destination ..you realize that you never really needed to take any step at all"

Last edited:
Science talks about truths that are universal. Spirituality spells out not only universal truths but also timeless truths. So spirituality describes reality at a level higher than Science.

Similarly religions talks about Gods but they are different Gods. Spirituality rises above religions and gives a higher level description of divinity.

Oneness is the pervading theme of sprituality with truth being one , God being one , truth and God being one.

Is there anything without God or Truth ?? If so why call out differences?

Is there anything without God or Truth ?? If so why call out differences?

Exactly!

Why are we too concerned about God or the Truth?
Why do we feel we only know the Untruth?

There goes my Advaita belief today.

Why do I need to subscribe to the belief that what I perceive is the Untruth?
I should not be bothered about the snake or the rope.

I feel to a great extent we forget to live in the world if we are too concerned about the Truth.
Everyone be it Hindu or Muslim is only concerned about life after death.

No one knows to simply live...may be thats the greatest delusion..to think the Truth is Out There!

Last edited:

I would prefer to call them relative truths and absolute truth. As we are subject to the inexorable unidirectional vector called time several truths remain relative truths. The absolute truth is beyond time and so is indeterminate. It is better to leave it at that.

Religions do not talk about gods. They talk about god. Only the narrative is different.

It is a statement of the obvious. When an atheist tells me there is no God, I do not counter him. Instead I encourage him with "... yes. Please go ahead and tell me what more do you want to say about your understanding".

Yes Sir and my point is that spirituality is about oneness of everything. Nothing more complicated about my argument. Just sharing my understanding of spirituality in a simple way.

Exactly!

Why are we too concerned about God or the Truth?
Why do we feel we only know the Untruth?

There goes my Advaita belief today.

Why do I need to subscribe to the belief that what I perceive is the Untruth?
I should not be bothered about the snake or the rope.

I feel to a great extent we forget to live in the world if we are too concerned about the Truth.
Everyone be it Hindu or Muslim is only concerned about life after death.

No one knows to simply live...may be thats the greatest delusion..to think the Truth is Out There!

I am in a given situation and I live here and now in that.

I am able to think logically. And I do think........

At one level I have challenges here in this world which I have to face, fight and win. I do that with all that I am endowed with. A few instances are there when I lost and I do not give up. I keep struggling till i win. I may or may not win. There are challenges that humanity faces and they are beyond my capacity to grapple and deal with. Here I contribute what I can. And keenly observe how the collective entity is faring. It is interesting and satisfying that there is overall progress. And when tragedies occur-anywhere in the world-, it is painful to realise that it is completely beyond me and I find myself helpless and yet carry on with my journey as I am not personally touched In this level or dimension, I depend totally on myself and my success, failure and struggle are all driven by myself and none else.

There is another level in the given situation.

Every day from my experience and observation of the events in the irreversible continuum called time, I become keenly aware of the possible existence of a schme which is beyond me and yet is inclusive of me. When I stand defeated in the battle field without any support to fall back on, when I reach the dead end and yet am left with the problem in tact to weigh me down, torture me and overwhelm me, when I find I am rewarded for no reason, when I find that there is no branch of a tree on which I can sit and rest and that I have to continue flying though my strength is all depleted, when I get love and affection which I do not deserve, when I face hatred and maltreatment without any reason, when I feel alone, when I have fear of the future, when I have fear of the unknown that is waiting at another point in the continuum called time, etc., etc.,....... I look for support from the author of the scheme if there is one.

As I am given to the efficacy of cause and effect logic for long throughout my life, I naturally look for a cause that has given the effect--the scheme.

As I am born an Indian, a brahmin, I tend to accept this author or the cause as the God entity.

So this God entity is partly a filler of a troubling vacuum/finding after a search for me. A vacuum is difficult to handle as it destructs everything that comes in contact with it. Yes. Absolute vacuum corrupts and 'destroys' everything.

As a brahmin I have a treasure of knowlege left behind by individuals like me who lived/came into this "given situation" in the past several millenia and I pick up that knowledge and use it as a tool to understand the "scheme" in my current predicament. For the sake of convenience -as I am in a given situation- I make a few convenient presumptions and try to understand the Author of the scheme to the extent possible. And I end up making not much headway. The author is indeed elusive and does not fall within my dimensions or coordinates in those dimensions. As it is a torture and a hopeless situation I find a way out.

I look at myself closely. I am wired to love and respond to love naturally. So I adopt the form the Author of the Scheme has been given by my ancestors through several centuries and call that form God.

As I am wired to love, I do that sincerely and with all that I am towards the Author. I surrender to him knowing him well.

The name and form are dearest to me.

The love and affection I shower are deep from my heart.

My trust in him/her is unimpeachable.

My surrender is total at that plane.

எங்கேயும் கரை காணாது எறி கடல்வாய் மீண்டேயும்
வங்கத்தின் கூம்பேறும் மாப்பறவை போன்றேனே. and

இச்சுவை தவிர யான் போய் இந்திர லோகமாளும் அச்சுவை பெறினும் வேண்டேன் அரங்கமாநகருளானே

represent my feelings somewhat accurately. Language being an inadequate medium, they represent only "somewhat" accurately.

Hope I make sense. LOL.

Last edited:

At one level I have challenges here in this world which I have to face, fight and win. I do that with all that I am endowed with. A few instances are there when I lost and I do not give up. I keep struggling till i win. I may or may not win. There are challenges that humanity faces and they are beyond my capacity to grapple and deal with. Here I contribute what I can. And keenly observe how the collective entity is faring. It is interesting and satisfying that there is overall progress. And when tragedies occur-anywhere in the world-, it is painful to realise that it is completely beyond me and I find myself helpless and yet carry on with my journey as I am not personally touched In this level or dimension, I depend totally on myself and my success, failure and struggle are all driven by myself and none else.

Every day from my experience and observation of the events in the irreversible continuum called time, I become keenly aware of the possible existence of a schme which is beyond me and yet is inclusive of me. When I stand defeated in the battle field without any support to fall back on, when I reach the dead end and yet am left with the problem in tact to weigh me down, torture me and overwhelm me, when I find I am rewarded for no reason, when I find that there is no branch of a tree on which I can sit and rest and that I have to continue flying though my strength is all depleted, when I get love and affection which I do not deserve, when I face hatred and maltreatment without any reason, when I feel alone, when I have fear of the future, when I have fear of the unknown that is waiting at another point in the continuum called time, etc., etc.,....... I look for support from the author of the scheme if there is one.

As I am given to the efficacy of cause and effect logic for long throughout my life, I naturally look for a cause that has given the effect--the scheme.

As I am born an Indian, a brahmin, I tend to accept this author or the cause as the God entity.

So this God entity is partly a filler of a troubling vacuum/finding after a search for me. A vacuum is difficult to handle as it destructs everything that comes in contact with it. Yes. Absolute vacuum corrupts and 'destroys' everything.

As a brahmin I have a treasure of knowlege left behind by individuals like me who lived/came into this "given situation" in the past several millenia and I pick up that knowledge and use it as a tool to understand the "scheme" in my current predicament. For the sake of convenience -as I am in a given situation- I make a few convenient presumptions and try to understand the Author of the scheme to the extent possible. And I end up making not much headway. The author is indeed elusive and does not fall within my dimensions or coordinates in those dimensions. As it is a torture and a hopeless situation I find a way out.

I look at myself closely. I am wired to love and respond to love naturally. So I adopt the form the Author of the Scheme has been given by my ancestors through several centuries and call that form God.

As I am wired to love, I do that sincerely and with all that I am towards the Author. I surrender to him knowing him well.

இச்சுவை தவிர யான் போய் இந்திர லோகமாளும் அச்சுவை பெறினும் வேண்டேன் அரங்கமாநகருளானே

represent my feelings somewhat accurately. Language being an inadequate medium, they represent only "somewhat" accurately.

Hope I make sense. LOL.

Real love is about loving all beings and not calling them names - did you think of that

You are proud of your unique Brahmin genes - but that is contradictory to loving one and all - that is the real spirituality.

Oh well

May the God of your mind bless you

Love and hugs
icon12.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Mr Munz :

LOL .. nice to see you back

Had a tough time parsing your message.

For someone whose past time seem to be to notices other people's ego and call them arrogant , did you notice how many 'I and me' you have in your post.

So you are in love with a concept of God that is in your mind. In other words you are in love with your mind's contents!

Real love is about loving all beings and not calling them names - did you think of that

You are proud of your unique Brahmin genes - but that is contradictory to loving one and all - that is the real spirituality.

Oh well

May the God of your mind bless you

Love and hugs
icon12.png

Hi kid,

I quoted Renukaji's post and sent my post as a reply to that. It was not for you to but in.

I usually ignore posts by stupid kids in this forum.

When elders are discussing higher level subjects like bhakti and philosophy and God which kids do not understand, kids should carefully keep away. Particularly the delinquent kids should never come anywhere near the elders.

Else they may get hurt.

Even though it is a hug from a kid I had to sterilize thoroughly. Don"t hug me again. You are delinquent and dirty.

Last edited:

Hope I make sense. LOL.

Dear Vaagmi Ji...

Treasure left by someonelse is not true treasure.
Its only treasure if we earned it ourselves.

I understood what you wrote but just the portion where you hold on tight to your genetics has that attachment to name and form.

I am not saying its is wrong but at times our trueself need not identify with our genetics.

That is the only disconnect I find in your post..otherwise it made a lot of sense.

Hi Hiranyakasyapu!

Remember your discussion on God Saranagathi philosophy etc with your Kid Prahalad? You were vanquished in the end! No entry for kids attitude is out of arrogance / ego or both. You have to learn a lot from kids You have kids who are revered தகப்பன் சாமி!

Don't practice atleast on Ambedkar's birthday Untouchability!Child abuse Untouchability are crimes - No bail

Treasure left by someonelse is not true treasure.
Its only treasure if we earned it ourselves.

I differ. You are perhaps meaning physicals. Like wealth-money, property etc.,

I am speaking about knowledge. My being born in this century, in India, in Tamilnadu in a brahmin family is a given situation for me about which I have mentioned in my post. These were not my making and I had no control over these happenings. It is just that I am here with all these. I seek knowledge. I also find that I do not have to reinvent the wheel. The wheel is already there with all its mechanical advantages which are unique and are for ever. I just take it as it is and move ahead making use of it. The knowledge about the wheel is left by my ancestors to me. That is a part of the wealth that I talk about. The vedas are part of it and many other items are there.

I acknowledge the treasure that has been left behind by the ancestors as treasure inherited by me along with others here. With this knowledge as the base I look for more of the knowledge. I look for answers to the numerous questions that arise in my mind. I find that there is a strong base available on which I can build. And it is just that. Hope I am clear.

I understood what you wrote but just the portion where you hold on tight to your genetics has that attachment to name and form.

My genetics are real. I can not wish it away. Nor can I wipe it away. I can not do anything about it honestly. Good or bad, it is there and I take it in my stride. Name and form are the fundamentals of cognizance and communication. Without them you will be tying yourself in knots or will be lost for ever in the darkness of a pervasive vacuum. Name and form help us also in conveying ideas.

I am sure you are aware that I have absolutely no complexes -inferior/superior-when I speak about my genetic origins unless someone wants me to discuss it and rubs it on me the wrong way. I am beyond that kind of immaturity. And I would request you to come out of this binary complex. When I mention my genetic origins, if someone jumps from his/her seat, I take it that he/she feels inferior and that is the undelying insecurity which makes her/him jump at me. Cool. I am not superior or inferior. I do not even think on those lines. But I am a brahmin and that is a given situation for me.

I am not saying its is wrong but at times our trueself need not identify with our genetics.

My genetics are there for ever superimposed on me. I can not escape from it. And my identity is partly made up of my genetics. What people want is to forget my genetics because they have wrong notions about the genetics. As long as I do not harm you, as long as I am able to understand you, as long as I am able to empathise with you, as long as we are able to argue and arrive at conclusions, as long as we are able to recognize each other as a human being with plus and minuses, my genetics should not attract this much attention.

If I am wrong on a point it is just that I am wrong. It is not that I am wrong because of my genetics. Similarly if I am right on something I do not think it is because of genetics. It is just that I am right for other reasons. When genetics gets converted into politics there comes a lot of misunderstanding and heat.

That is the only disconnect I find in your post..otherwise it made a lot of sense.

Hope I have explained adequately.

I am sad that I had to explain at all. But that is a cross every brahmin carries to his grave.

I am glad that you got my points in my posts right. And thanks for engaging.

I do not intend to reply to kids and TRRs here if they respond to this post. LOL. Period.

Last edited:
Hi Hiranyakasyapu!

Remember your discussion on God Saranagathi philosophy etc with your Kid Prahalad? You were vanquished in the end! No entry for kids attitude is out of arrogance / ego or both. You have to learn a lot from kids You have kids who are revered தகப்பன் சாமி!

Don't practice atleast on Ambedkar's birthday Untouchability!Child abuse Untouchability are crimes - No bail

Dear Janaki Madam,

You have always been brilliant in seeing the hypocrisy right through and provide the most appropriate responses .
Am unable to give one more Up vote since you already have one from someone else

Hi kid,

I quoted Renukaji's post and sent my post as a reply to that. It was not for you to but in.

I usually ignore posts by stupid kids in this forum.

When elders are discussing higher level subjects like bhakti and philosophy and God which kids do not understand, kids should carefully keep away. Particularly the delinquent kids should never come anywhere near the elders.

Else they may get hurt.

Even though it is a hug from a kid I had to sterilize thoroughly. Don"t hug me again. You are delinquent and dirty.

Dear Munusami Thatha,

LOL You are more cute when you get angry, Thatha

My hugs are unconditional and you can take as many baths as you want to make yourself pure, it is offered with unconditional acceptance of you as a human being.

All humans cannot see finer points and ideas . Like you said you find yourself where you are. My view is that dense things only appeal to you. Christians and Muslims are body focused. The may talk about soul but pleasuring the body is all they live for until they give up the ghost. You too are body focused because you are obsessed with this gene thing.

So you discovered this concept of God while you dabbled as a communist (yes everyone has heard that umpteen times). But that God is a concept in your mind. So you surrendered and fell in love with this concept of the mind (which cannot see the finer things due to focus in genes).

That mind told you - 'Munz - you are endowed with Brahmins gene' - be obsessed with and cite some scientists. Then with this self love making started with focus on body. I am sure you got tattooed on the body and etched in the mind that you are a god lover. Then you can come here and chest thump "hear ye .. my genes are Brahmin genes - of course I am humble guy so I am not saying I am superior but you get the drift .. wink wink"

The above is all gross.

With body focused grossness, untouchability is what comes as a natural response.

With denseness comes a low esteemed ego. It is always making you fight like a ninja warrior (basing on your own descriptions) That denseness can give rise to lack of peace of mind.Quoting some scriptures or using buzz words leaves a dense mind still dense.

Finer thing is to see all human beings as basically the same and have no grudges against anyone.

Therefore Thatha - hope you mature to finer things.
With unconditional love let me pray that you find peace of mind

Love and hugs
icon10.png

Last edited:
I differ. You are perhaps meaning physicals. Like wealth-money, property etc.,

I am speaking about knowledge. My being born in this century, in India, in Tamilnadu in a brahmin family is a given situation for me about which I have mentioned in my post. These were not my making and I had no control over these happenings. It is just that I am here with all these. I seek knowledge. I also find that I do not have to reinvent the wheel. The wheel is already there with all its mechanical advantages which are unique and are for ever. I just take it as it is and move ahead making use of it. The knowledge about the wheel is left by my ancestors to me. That is a part of the wealth that I talk about. The vedas are part of it and many other items are there.

I acknowledge the treasure that has been left behind by the ancestors as treasure inherited by me along with others here. With this knowledge as the base I look for more of the knowledge. I look for answers to the numerous questions that arise in my mind. I find that there is a strong base available on which I can build. And it is just that. Hope I am clear.

My genetics are real. I can not wish it away. Nor can I wipe it away. I can not do anything about it honestly. Good or bad, it is there and I take it in my stride. Name and form are the fundamentals of cognizance and communication. Without them you will be tying yourself in knots or will be lost for ever in the darkness of a pervasive vacuum. Name and form help us also in conveying ideas.

I am sure you are aware that I have absolutely no complexes -inferior/superior-when I speak about my genetic origins unless someone wants me to discuss it and rubs it on me the wrong way. I am beyond that kind of immaturity. And I would request you to come out of this binary complex. When I mention my genetic origins, if someone jumps from his/her seat, I take it that he/she feels inferior and that is the undelying insecurity which makes her/him jump at me. Cool. I am not superior or inferior. I do not even think on those lines. But I am a brahmin and that is a given situation for me.

My genetics are there for ever superimposed on me. I can not escape from it. And my identity is partly made up of my genetics. What people want is to forget my genetics because they have wrong notions about the genetics. As long as I do not harm you, as long as I am able to understand you, as long as I am able to empathise with you, as long as we are able to argue and arrive at conclusions, as long as we are able to recognize each other as a human being with plus and minuses, my genetics should not attract this much attention.

If I am wrong on a point it is just that I am wrong. It is not that I am wrong because of my genetics. Similarly if I am right on something I do not think it is because of genetics. It is just that I am right for other reasons. When genetics gets converted into politics there comes a lot of misunderstanding and heat.

Hope I have explained adequately.

I am sad that I had to explain at all. But that is a cross every brahmin carries to his grave.

I am glad that you got my points in my posts right. And thanks for engaging.

I do not intend to reply to kids and TRRs here if they respond to this post. LOL. Period.

Dear Vaagmi Ji...its not about feeling inferior or superior when anyone talks about genetics...its just that when Lord Krishna talks about surrender in terms of giving up all Dharma it seems like a disconnect to me that you have mentioned about Surrender yet you adhere to external identification.

Everyone has a heritage and thats all there is to it.
Yes its real but real in.the sense that its physical
Its a heritage no doubt but merely data..genetic or lifestyle coded but that will never really define our trueselves.
Its like knowing water is H2Obut we dont have to keep identifying with H2O when we drink it.

Each person is unique finally..he has to realize this himself if he understands what surrender is totally all about.

Its like a human who
wants to go to heaven without shedding his mortal coil..genetics is a mortal coil.

Last edited:
Everyone has a heritage and thats all there is to it.
Yes its real but real in.the sense that its physical
Its a heritage no doubt but merely data..genetic or lifestyle coded but that will never really define our trueselves.
Its like knowing water is H2Obut we dont have to keep identifying with H2O when we drink it.

When the heritage is knowledge in some cases, and knowledge about non-physicals and about higher reality, and the inheritor starts with that knowledge and explores further I wont say "thats all there to it". There was more to it. The inheritor was lucky.

Each person is unique finally..he has to realize this himself if he understands what surrender is totally all about.

Yes.

Its like a human who wants to go to heaven without shedding his mortal coil..genetics is a mortal coil.

No I would phrase it this way:

The human started off with the knowledge he inherited(being aware of it and being thankful to his ancestors for that), so explored further deeply, found the acquisitions(including all the knowledge thus acquired) to be a suffocating and unbearable burden. When knowledge became the burden, he gave up all that and surrendered. He was not looking for heaven, the pleasures there (girls - as a religion says) or any such exotic thing. He just surrendered. In that stage of surrender it was just this:

"aham, madhrakshana bharo, madhrakshana phalam thathah na mama Sripathereva ithyaatmaanam nikshibeth bhudhaha."

Any human who has genetics as his mortal coil will not have any use for the inherited knowledge. The inherited knowledge makes you get free of such mortal coils first.

For onlookers - like you- it may look like the mortal coil is still around because the knowledge came from there for the human in question. But that cant be helped. That is the cross that is carried.

Last edited:
When the heritage is knowledge in some cases, and knowledge about non-physicals and about higher reality, and the inheritor starts with that knowledge and explores further I wont say "thats all there to it". There was more to it. The inheritor was lucky.

Yes, the knowledge is about the special gene which is supposed to give finer knowledge (but the dense mind cannot be penetrated - that knowledge is not known yet)

Yes.

No I would phrase it this way:

The human started off with the knowledge he inherited(being aware of it and being thankful to his ancestors for that), so explored further deeply, found the acquisitions(including all the knowledge thus acquired) to be a suffocating and unbearable burden. When knowledge became the burden, he gave up all that and surrendered. He was not looking for heaven, the pleasures there (girls - as a religion says) or any such exotic thing. He just surrendered. In that stage of surrender it was just this:

There is this chest thumping - Hear hear - my gene and my ancestors, I am the chosen one. Poor me, what can I do - I find myself endowed with this gene and ancestors. I find myself here and keep looking at my equipment that god-concept gave me . I use my equipment for self love and self admiration.

"aham, madhrakshana bharo, madhrakshana phalam thathah na mama Sripathereva ithyaatmaanam nikshibeth bhudhaha."

Any human who has genetics as his mortal coil will not have any use for the inherited knowledge. The inherited knowledge makes you get free of such mortal coils first.

No, it does not. Until the density of the mind is weakened, false obsession with special genes is given up and love of all beings is sensed in the mind

For onlookers - like you- it may look like the mortal coil is still around because the knowledge came from there for the human in question. But that cant be helped. That is the cross that is carried.

Onlookers - Hear hear - you are all screwed ; Look at me - I am with the special genes

Responses in color - Not sure if you can get the message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back