• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Malayala Divya Desam- Chengannur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respected members,
I had been to Chengannur with my wife to have darshan of six Divya Desam in and around Chengannur. There are moderately priced budgeted hotels and if one is lucky, one can stay in the Railway Retiring rooms, for which one has to contact the Station Master. But when we went in the first week of January,2018, there was a heavy rush of Iyappanmars and so could not get accommodation in the Railway Retiring Room. Instead we got a decent accommodation in Hotel Shanthi Palace, M.C.Road Railway Junction, very near to the station.
Autorickshaws near the station, have a package deal of taking you to five divya desam for Rs.900 /- Instead, we engaged a driver by name Mr.Selvan (09495873547), who belongs to Tamil Nadu, but settled in Chengannur, knows Tamil and agreed to take us in his SUV(belonging to a travel company) for Rs.1,600 /- and agreed to take us to Six Divya Desams. On the first day evening at 4.30 P.M, he brought his vehicle to our hotel and took us two four Divya Desam. He was very patient, knows the route well and he gave us enough time to go and have darshan of the Lords to our heart content.
The next day early morning at 4.30 A.M, he again brought his vehicle and took us to the remaining two temples. In addition, he also took us to Chengannur Amman temple and one more temple. His service was so good that, I paid him Rs.200 /- extra for his excellent service.so we are fortunate to have darshan of the Lords of Thiruvallavazh, Thirukadithanam, Thiruchittraru, Thiruppuliyur, Thiruvaranvilai and Thiruvanvandur.
From Chengannur, we took Kerala State Transport bus to Tenkasi, then Srivilliputtur.
Members who are planning Malayala Divya Desam yatra may use the above information please.
Regards,
S.Gopalan.

Great! From your information, i understand you had a wonderful time visiting the divya desam's. Very informative Sir! I should also plan one day. Need information: How about facilities for very senior citizens: like 1. Ramp (either lift or any other easy access to temple santum) 2. Toilets (western) in lodges/hotel 3. Special queue for them in temple etc. Iam talking about senior persons of 80+ years.

Malayala Divya Desam

Great! From your information, i understand you had a wonderful time visiting the divya desam's. Very informative Sir! I should also plan one day. Need information: How about facilities for very senior citizens: like 1. Ramp (either lift or any other easy access to temple santum) 2. Toilets (western) in lodges/hotel 3. Special queue for them in temple etc. Iam talking about senior persons of 80+ years.

Sir / Madam,
Thank you very much for your query. I will answer as follows:
1. For Sr.Citizens, there should not be any problem at all, as almost all the temples 'Sanctum Sanctorum' are on the surface only. may be in one or two temples, you may have to climb up a few steps.
2. Regarding special queue, I may inform you that, we went in the first week of January and almost in all the temples, we were the only two persons before the Almighty.We had been to Udupi, then Guruvayur , where there were more pilgrims and in Udupi, you mayapproach the temple authority and they consider Sr.Citizens for special entry. In Guruvayur, there are separate queue for Sr.Citizens. Please check up the timing for Sr.Citizen Darshan at Guruvayur.
3. Most of the Lodges / Hotels Western Toilet facility.
4. In Guruvayur, there is 'Guruvayur Brahmana Samooham' in East Mada ( Temple Main entrance Road), where one can get our south Indian food ( Raw Rice). They serve you with smile and one has to get the token (register) in the morning and after taking meals, one may contribute / donate for the good cause. They have lodging facility also and the contact number is 0487-2553499 & 2555574.
"Happy Pilgrimage"

Dear Sir,
Namaskaram. No words to appreciate. After retirement we keep visiting to temples . we are from Bangalore. Kindly guide me which train and station to reach visit as per your plan
namaskaram
Geetha pattabhiraman

Sir / Madam,
1. For Sr.Citizens, there should not be any problem at all, as almost all the temples 'Sanctum Sanctorum' are on the surface only. may be in one or two temples, you may have to climb up a few steps.
2. Regarding special queue, I may inform you that, we went in the first week of January and almost in all the temples, we were the only two persons before the Almighty.We had been to Udupi, then Guruvayur , where there were more pilgrims and in Udupi, you mayapproach the temple authority and they consider Sr.Citizens for special entry. In Guruvayur, there are separate queue for Sr.Citizens. Please check up the timing for Sr.Citizen Darshan at Guruvayur.
4. In Guruvayur, there is 'Guruvayur Brahmana Samooham' in East Mada ( Temple Main entrance Road), where one can get our south Indian food ( Raw Rice). They serve you with smile and one has to get the token (register) in the morning and after taking meals, one may contribute / donate for the good cause. They have lodging facility also and the contact number is 0487-2553499 & 2555574.
"Happy Pilgrimage
"
hi

thanks...i did and stayed there...it was excellent for brahmins...very close to temple.....well maintained..

Sir / Madam,
"Happy Pilgrimage
"
hi

i had same opportunity.....i agreed with u...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back