Tamil Brahmins
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    Dear Sir...

I wish Dr Zakir Naik could read your explanation quoting Na Tasya Pratima Asti...he would have a clearer understanding about Bhakti.

Its his favorite line..he keeps qouting Yajurveda on Na Tasya Pratima Asti to emphasize Image worship as Haram for Hindus too.

You explain it so beautifully.

नैनमूर्ध्वं न तिर्यञ्चं न मध्ये न परिजग्रभत् ।
    न तस्य प्रतिमा अस्ति यस्य नाम महद् यशः ॥ १९

No one can grasp Him above, or across, or in the middle. There is no likeness(or equal) of Him whose name is great glory.
    Thanks Doctor,

Yad yad vibhūtimat sattvaṁ śrīmad ūrjitam eva vā, tat tad evāvagaccha tvaṁ mama tejoṁśasaṁbhavam (Gita 10.41):

"Wherever these inscrutable majesties operate in excellence far beyond human comprehension, understand that as My glory."

For me God is an unknown factor, a word for the force beyond our comprehension, beyond the comprehension of faculties, like five senses, brain, mind and thinking power given to me in my birth !
    With all these natural elements I can comprehend to some extent an answer for "how", but not for "why".
    All the scriptures in the world cannot give an answer, each of us should search for the infinite power that had created this "universe". Temple worship is one of the beginning paths to discipline our mind.
    Brahmanyan
    Bangalore.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raji Ram View Post
    Temple visits in the U S of A are really good.

The dining hall will be more crowded!!
    hi

more like POTLOCK FOODS....sometimes looklike LADIES CLUB of some corporate office..
    asato maa sadh gamayaa, tamaso maa jyotir
    gamayaa, mrityor maa amritham gamayaaa..
    om shanti, om shanti, om shanti...upanishad
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Till recently I have visited thrice within a short span of time by taking advantage of the facilities extended to senior citizens. Whence I stold in front of deity LORD VENKATACHALAPATHY I do get positive vibration and that made to pray for and not self. In one of trips I was fortunate enough to stand before LORD VENKATACHALAPATHY for at least 10 seconds. In such instances my joy was boundless. The environment, ambIan centre that apart salubrious weather conditions made one automatically free from the worldly activities. Get it all depends upon the individual mind set to visit temple unmindful of the rewards derived by doing so, nothing but else. Nothing would come under any compulsion. It is worth and reward able.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Till recently I have visited THIRUMALA THIRUPATHY thrice within a short span of time by using the advantage of the facilities extended to the senior citizens. In fact I was very comfortable in all three visits
    When I stood in prayer in front of LORD VENKATACHALAPATHY I FELT A POSITIVE VIBRACTION in me and prayed forr all and not for self.

In one of my such visit to TTHIRUMALA THIRUPATHI I WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO PRAY FOR AT LEAST 10 seconds before the Lord Venkatachalapathy. I get tears inmy eyes triggrr automatically .I felt it as a boon.

Apart from that one can enjoy the ambience togather with the salubrious weather conditions that makes sometime forget the worldly happenings around him for some seconds. That is a blissfulness and should one feel and enjoy it when he is alone. It is highly worth in visiting temples. Generally nothing could be inspired either by inculcation or by compuslsion. The boon and bliss should be enjoyed according to his/her fate.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12