• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Reign of Aryan Brahminism in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://medium.com/@100and9/the-reign-of-aryan-brahminism-in-india-a326337248d9

Curious to know where you Ladies/Gentlemen stand on this.

Regards,
Amal

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.843137)]In ‘Hymns to the Mystic Fire’, the celebrated ‘Aryan’ Indian mystic Aurobindo writes: “They [European Scholars] invented the theory based on the difference of languages of an Aryan invasion from the north, an invasion of a Dravidian India of which Indians themselves had no memory or tradition of which there is no record in their epic or classical literature”. Later with an amnesiac quality, he explicitly defines Dasyus to be Dravidians and writes: “Our life is a battle between the powers of Light and Truth. the Gods who are Immortals and the powers of Darkness. They are spoken under various names as Vritra and Vritras, Vala and the Panis, the Dasyus (Dravidians) and their Kings”. This archetypal racism can be found in key Rig Vedic hymns praising Indra[XXXIV]: “He in his strength, with all-surpassing prowess, through wondrous arts crushed the malignant Dasyus…he smote the Dasyus, and gave protection to the Āryan color.” Wendy Doniger also equates Dasyus to be Dravidians in her work The Rig Veda. In various Aryan-Hindu imagery such as the mythic churning of the ocean, it is quite common to see Demons or Asuras depicted as Dravidians with their characteristic mustache and skin color. Genetic evidence from a recent Harvard study[1] also supports the idea of two distinct racial groups. Despite all of this, some sources still consider the Aryan migration — from some mystic region in the North Pole according to Indian National Congress figure Bal Gangadhar Tilak[2] or maybe more accurately ancient Persia based on linguistic similarities — to be a work of fiction. It is the nature of Power to be hidden in order to sustain itself, especially in an age where open dominion is frowned upon. But such veiled social narratives that emphasize on rifts is a source of exploitative power and is required to continue fooling the oppressed — or oppressing the fools in the way of Nature as some Social Darwinists would put it.

[/COLOR]Specifically, I'm curious to hear from you about these scriptural ideas. Theosophy texts talk about how the Mughals never managed to get the secret Vedas from the Brahmins. But they were somehow 'released' to the Western Invaders; so it's very likely that these Anti-Dravidian aspects were 'added'. It's a controversial idea; but I have trouble accepting the Vedas as being sacred if parts of it claim Dravidians to be equal to the forces of darkness.

Dear Sir,

Aryan Brahminism still rules India, through language. Sanskrit has permeated almost all regional languages of India, not excepting Tamil.

As for the Aryan-Dravidian topic, every scholar agrees its a big joke. I mean everyone, notwithstanding their divergent views on other matters of Indian history and divergent political views. Only a few days back I was reading the book "Discovering the Vedas" by Frits Staal, which again mentions this joke and it's ramifications on Indology.

[FONT=q_serif]All these studies are very conclusive. Some of the facts the article tries to establish:[/FONT]

1. Indo-European Invasion/Migration did happen . Not sure if it is a massive migration (as in like an invasion, subjugation of the natives) leading to the displacement of the natives. Only the Ultra right wing people and insecure people will continue to deny it.
  2. It very clearly demonstrated that India is not homogeneous by genetic identity.
  3. As only 17% contain R1a , the rest of the Indian population owes its DNA possibly to multiple migration . It is not an outcome of these studies but it is an educated guess that it all started with the initial migration of people from Africa. Later on the Indus valley settlers brought along with them agricultural skills and urban planning. Finally we had the Indo-European migration who brought with them Sanskrit and the Vedic religion.

[FONT=q_serif]References:[/FONT]

1. A genetic chronology for the Indian Subcontinent points to heavily sex-biased dispersals
  2. The phylogenetic and geographic structure of Y-chromosome haplogroup R1a
  3. http://www.nature.com/ng/journal...
[FONT=q_serif]4. http://www.nature.com/nature/jou...[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]5. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc...

https://www.quora.com/Who-came-to-India-first-the-Indo-Aryans-or-the-Dravidians[/FONT]

Dear Sir,

Aryan Brahminism still rules India, through language. Sanskrit has permeated almost all regional languages of India, not excepting Tamil.

As for the Aryan-Dravidian topic, every scholar agrees its a big joke. I mean everyone, notwithstanding their divergent views on other matters of Indian history and divergent political views. Only a few days back I was reading the book "Discovering the Vedas" by Frits Staal, which again mentions this joke and it's ramifications on Indology.

Scholarship is a joke. For one, we still study in our textbooks that the Greeks invented Astronomy. Western scholars also identify strongly with the Aryan theme, and to push aside the Aryan-Dravidian topic is one of a political nature.

Joseph Campbell, in the Masks of God, talks about how the Dravidian cultured influence affected the Upanishads; The Upanishads are metaphysically more lofty than the Vedas. The Indus Valley Civilization opens up a completely new narrative. I think it was Parpola who suggested that the mantram Om came from Dravidian.

As for Sanskrit, I don't think it's a purely 'Aryan' language. Dravidan languages may have had more influence on Sanskrit than what we previously thought (https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/03/180321090953.htm)

Another not as well undocumented religious domination came in the form of patriarchy. We represented Shiva and the Mother as an amorous couple in divine embrace. With the Aryan Vishnu, the Mother is relegated to giving him a foot massage. But this corruption isn't as easy to introduce in Yantras and Geometry (https://medium.com/@100and9/the-weeping-yantra-e4d09b51683f).

Also, there are stories of Naga worship and Earth Goddess worship being suppressed after the Aryan intervention. You can see similar analogies elsewhere in the world: The Celtic nature religion was decimated by Christianity.

Very true. So much so that I feel very lethargic to even think about the fake scholars and their fake theories.

Haha, I hope you completed your education; it's filled with fake scholarship, no? Let's take the idea "The Greeks Invented Astronomy": The Denderah Zodiac of the Ancient Egyptians is the source of most of our Zodiac signs. I've been lurking here long enough to see that you understand a bit of astronomy and astrology, KRN sir. The Indus Valley civilization seemed to know a lot about astronomy. In fact, Australian Aborigines have an understanding of astronomy.

The Aryan-Dravidian 'issue' is another joke. Clearly if you've read the 'essay' checked the sources, you'll find genetic, experiential, academic, and scriptural evidence supporting a division.

It usually tends to be manipulating Aryans or ego-hurt Dravidians who dispute the idea. Pushing aside this issue won't change the Truth: Iyers or Namboothiris have to be on top of the food chain right? I'm looking out of my window right now. My neighbor is a retired Army man. He claims the same discrimination...

To be concise: The idea that Dravidians are equated to the forces of Darkness has been put forward by several authoritative sources like Aurobindo, Wendy Doniger, Kusum P.Merth. In fact, you should come down to Kerala where a lot of people resonate with this idea. They say the Aryan Mother-Killer Parasurama came to the South with some Aryan Brahmin families to religiously oppress and control the indigenous population. A controversial idea, but well-founded.

Last edited:
And to be really honest, this is something that you should be concerned with, especially if you consider yourself a Brahmin. A Brahmin's true role in society is a pivotal one. He or she is responsible at the fundamental level for creating symbols and ideas for the consciousness of the masses. Even if you don't subscribe to a hereditary notion of Brahmanism, this still applies. Pick some silly ideology like Atheist Communism: they still have a loose notion of a society where scholars and philosophers guide the people.

/kumari saranya is awesome :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back