• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Nitya Karma Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRN

Hi All,

Those of you who have been doing Nitya karma regularly, can you please share your experiences/benefits that you have attained from the practice? That could help inspire others to follow suit. I am aware that this is not a new topic, but I couldn't discover another thread in this forum on this topic. Anyway, new members to the forum will have something to contribute too.

Regards

Last edited:
Nau sau choohe khaake billi haj ko chali”

After eating 900 mice, the cat went on a pilgrimage.

I know..thats why the fox fell sick after eating the grapes and did not go for the Hajj...only the Billi went for the Hajj.

Nah the fox didn't go for Hajj coz she was fantasizing about the billi and slept. The Billi never cared for the fox, got the bus and coolly went for the Hajj.

Nah the fox didn't go for Hajj coz she was fantasizing about the billi and slept. The Billi never cared for the fox, got the bus and coolly went for the Hajj.

No No...the Fox is very orthodox..she didn't have interspecies marriage.

No No...the Fox is very orthodox..she didn't have interspecies marriage.

The frog has been watching too much of animal copulation in National Geographic...so she forgot her orthodoxy and got into fantasies about the Billi...

The frog has been watching too much of animal copulation in National Geographic...so she forgot her orthodoxy and got into fantasies about the Billi...

Billi went for Hajj and fantasized about a Camel!

Nah Billi got to eat more mice all the way to Hajj and back. Poor frog had to be satisfied with watching tv and fantasizing.

Yup...the Billi is a real haraami..still eating mice all the way and back..surely has a seat booked in Jahannam!LOL

Yup...the Billi is a real haraami..still eating mice all the way and back..surely has a seat booked in Jahannam!LOL

Billi will always be Billi...but the hypocrite fox is already in Jahannam fantasising about her Khilji and his harem !!

Billi does his Nitya karma of mice eating regularly and ever lives in Jannah. Poor deluded fox is in Jahannam here and will be so hereafter.

Last edited:
Billi does his Nitya karma of mice eating regularly and ever lives in Jannah. Poor deluded fox is in Jahannam here and will be so hereafter.

Moral of the story : Always be regular in your Nitya karma, says Allamah qitta-Billi Hadji of revered name

The percentage of people performing nithya karmAs is less.

And, those who practice, don't like to share their experiences!! :tape:

Not that way. There are people who have been performing nitya karma regularly since early childhood. To them, my query would appear insensitive. It would rather be like asking, what benefits have you got from your father and mother? So I should have prefaced the message with an apology which I didn't. I am apologizing for it now.

Ideally the question should be answered by those who haven't been doing nitya karma for a while, but have restarted it, and noticed some difference in their lives that could be attributed to their adopting this practice.

Till I got job I used to do it twice a day regularly(had to skip MAdhyAhnikam due to school/college commitments) Post getting job it further shrinked to weekends and holidays.
Well, benefits....Can't specifically say
Helps me to maintain cool, normally I didn't get provocated easily.

Is anything actually Nithya as in mandatory ?
I dont feel any specific activity of the spiritual kind actually has much effect on the mind.

Many might do Nithya Karma in auto pilot mode and it just ends there with no effect.

Many criminals too perform daily prayers but still.indulge in crime.

I feel mostly do Nithya Karma for some personal gain but call it Bhakti instead..as long as the seeking gain mindset exists I dont think Nithya Karma would have any effect.

Dear Renu,

There are nithya karmAs assigned to Brahmin males,

as soon as they have their upanayanam ceremony.

Mostly the boys do for a few weeks by compulsion.

They leave that practice mostly because their fathers

don't practice. :cool:

One of my nephews does thrikAla Sandhya regularly

and I notice a special glow in his face because he does

it sincerely. :thumb:

Most of the Brahmins don't care to do sandhyAs.

But they admire those who do
prayers a certain

number of times a day, in another religion!! ;)

செய்யும் தொழிலே தெய்வம் என்று நம்புகிறவர்கள் பலர் இன்றும் நம்மிடையே உண்டு

இதை கர்ம யோகம் என்றும் சொல்வார்கள்

ஒரு சில துறைகளில் உத்யோகம் பார்ப்பவராகளால் காலத்தே சில கடைமைகைளை செய்யமுடியாது ...குறிப்பாக பொதுமக்களுக்கு சேவைசெய்யும் துறைகள் பல உண்டு அவற்றில் ராணுவத்திலும், காவல்துறை,மருத்துவம் போன்ற துறையில் கடமையாற்றுவதில் நேரம் காலம் கிடையாது காரணம் ஏற்றுக்கொண்ட பணியில் இதயபூர்வமாக ஈடுபடுதலே .... தொழத்தக்கது - அதனால் 'தொழில்' என்கிறது நம் தமிழ்

எச்செயலில் நீ ஈடுபட்டாலும் அதனோடு பொருந்துக. இரண்டறக் கலந்து அத்தொழிலில் ஈடுபடுக என்பதுதான் .பகவத்கீதையில் பரந்தாமன் அருளிச்செய்தது

மக்கள் சேவையே மஹேசன் சேவை

கூடுதல்தகவலுக்கு:https://tamilandvedas.com/2013/06/05/செய்யும்-தொழிலே-தெய்வம்/

நன்றி: Tamil and Vedas

Till I got job I used to do it twice a day regularly(had to skip MAdhyAhnikam due to school/college commitments) Post getting job it further shrinked to weekends and holidays.
Well, benefits....Can't specifically say
Helps me to maintain cool, normally I didn't get provocated easily.

Hi Ganesh,
thanks for sharing your experience. It is the same with me too. In my childhood I used to be irregularly regular, if you get what I mean... But after getting a job I became more regular in the practice, since the pressure of studies is no longer there and I am relatively free after the usual work schedule. The benefits I experienced -
(1) Waking up early, at 5 am, and getting into the open to breath the fresh air, in itself confers a lot of benefits
(2) I have heard from people the same thing that Smt. Raji Ram said, about a glow seen in my face
(3) Lots of energy to handle a wide variety of tasks throughout the day - a very positive, charged up feeling it is
(4) Breathing issues from which I suffered a lot in childhood, are not there any more. It really feels sweet to be able to breath well, so smoothly through both nostrils!

And some other spiritual benefits of which I prefer not to write at present...

Last edited:
Dear Renu,

There are nithya karmAs assigned to Brahmin males,

as soon as they have their upanayanam ceremony.

Mostly the boys do for a few weeks by compulsion.

They leave that practice mostly because their fathers

don't practice. :cool:

One of my nephews does thrikAla Sandhya regularly

and I notice a special glow in his face because he does

it sincerely. :thumb:

According to Paramacharya, the womenfolk in the family is supposed to get half the benefits from the men performing nitya karma. And getting for free! So I think the womenfolk should needle the men who are not doing it :)

Last edited:
If you meet a very orthodox person, he will start counting

- have you done Sandhya worship
- Aupasanam?
- Samidhadhanam/Agnihotram?
- Brahma Yajnam ... etc etc

Whereas some saints like Paramacharya have suggested a compromise "If you at least do your Sandhya worship regularly, you will not feel ashamed to show your face before mother Gayatri"

செய்யும் தொழிலே தெய்வம் என்று நம்புகிறவர்கள் பலர் இன்றும் நம்மிடையே உண்டு

கூடுதல்தகவலுக்கு:https://tamilandvedas.com/2013/06/05/செய்யும்-தொழிலே-தெய்வம்/

நன்றி: Tamil and Vedas

Dhikshita,

Work is worship but I believe/have heard, that Upasana is also required for "Brahma Tejoabhivridhyartham".

Somewhere I have read that during the Mahabharata war, the kshatriyas used to take appropriate breaks to do Sandhya worship. Such dedication enabled them (on both sides) to attain excellence in their field of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back