• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ramar temple in changi singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
hAPPened to visit a vaishnavite temple. At the entrance huge anjaneya 70plus feet tall. The main idols of Srirama

withsita, lakshman in the main hall. On the sides were shaivite Gods for smartha.The priests were thengalai iyengars

sporting their thirunamams . The devotees were well dressed varying from madisars,normal sarees, full jeans, three

fourths.Men were either in dhoties and shirts or full pants.No bare bodied types except the priests. NO donations

directly to priests on plates as dakshina.Donations at counters with receipts. The priests appeared well looked after.

So were the nadaswaram and thavil players.Still ramanavami celebrations were on. got excellent food of ven

pongal,kesari,puliyogarai, sambar with hot coffee.No payments for these.Very thoughtfully they had provided

bathrooms for ladies and gents separately.The utsava murthi was taken in procession on to main road and back.

The devotees were mostly brahmins.It was an interesting experience

All good things come to an end.

I am returning to india this weekend.

Very impressed how the indians here are preserving their culture.

They are contributing generously to upkeep of the temple and frequently get together organising cultural programmes.

Visit "Modern Temples" In Singapore before you leave like Suntec , Boon Lay where I was staying - can have your glass of water straight from the kitchen tap - no Eureka RO needed! Must learn water management & neighborhood city development from Singapore They import water from neighbouring Johor Bahru in Malaysia

TN shut down today for Cavery water!

Priority should be Sarayu Ramar can wait!

I drink tap water at my daughters home.in singapore. It is safe.

My not so good experience at indian embassy here.

They expect a new born child to be registered within 10 days of birth for an indian passport.

Even the singapore govt provides for 42 days for their passport.

More painful is taking childs prints of little fingers using black ink.

Before that they insisted on parents to add their spouses name in their passport.

There was only person to do all this at the embassy.

I felt that they could be more sensible in providing passports to new born.

Nice to enjoy stay at Singapore but its cost of living is too high ....!!

Last edited by a moderator:

They expect a new born child to be registered within 10 days of birth for an indian passport.

Before that they insisted on parents to add their spouses name in their passport.

hi

i think..its same....even in USA...i had many bitter experiences...now i am safe;;;now i got lifelong OCI card....so i dont have

to indian embassy anymore...i am USA citizen....so i have renew ONLY USA PASSPORT NOT INDIAN PASSPORT anymore..

i feel thank to god...

hi

i think..its same....even in USA...i had many bitter experiences...now i am safe;;;now i got lifelong OCI card....so i dont have

to indian embassy anymore...i am USA citizen....so i have renew ONLY USA PASSPORT NOT INDIAN PASSPORT anymore..

i feel thank to god...much more ...we dont need visa for nearly 140 countries....we can travel anywhere in the world without

VISA except india/pakistan/bangladesh/sri lanka...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back