• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Shraddham and Hiranya Shraddham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we perform Hiranya shraddham instead of regular shraddham?
Is hiranya shraddham in anyway less satisfactory ? Which one is correct according to shastras?

Thanks in advance.

Gopal

Dear member
As a shastram parvana shradham only correct. In case emergency or if their is no way then only hiranya shradham is permitted. But this is not regular .

ஹிரண்ய ஸ்ரார்த்தம் ஒடம்பு செரியா இல்லைநா தான் , அவுட் ஆப ஸ்டேஷன் அங்கேயாவது போயி ஆங்கே பாரவனமா ஸ்ரார்தம் பணறதுக்கு சௌகிரியம் இல்லியோ ஆப்போதான் ஹிரண்ய ஸ்ரார்தம் பண்ணலாம் . ஜன்ரளா இதை ரெகுலரா பண்றா அது உசிதம் இல்லை

ஹிரண்ய ஸ்ரார்த்தம் ஒடம்பு செரியா இல்லைநா தான் , அவுட் ஆப ஸ்டேஷன் அங்கேயாவது போயி ஆங்கே பாரவனமா ஸ்ரார்தம் பணறதுக்கு சௌகிரியம் இல்லியோ ஆப்போதான் ஹிரண்ய ஸ்ரார்தம் பண்ணலாம் . ஜன்ரளா இதை ரெகுலரா பண்றா அது உசிதம் இல்லை

dear member
In gaya ,Allahabad,rameswaram, and kasi lso we perform parvana shradham only but in RAMESWARAM AND Allahabad they are avoiding the parvana shradam .

Shrardhams

Instead of doing nothing, Hiranya Shrardham is okay. But in cities like Mumbai shortage of eligible prohitas is reported. Like ordinary Gruhastas, prohitas are also affected by cost of living. And you have to go to work so also your spouse. Though the regular shrardham is highly good, it is necessary to be practical instead of totally not doing any thing. :tape2:

Instead of doing nothing, Hiranya Shrardham is okay. ............................................................................................. Though the regular shrardham is highly good, it is necessary to be practical instead of totally not doing any thing. :tape2:

I agree 100 per cent.

The error of commission is tolerable than error of omission.

Even a smaranam ( remembering ) of one's late forefathers is also a small start in today's material world.. Sravanam (hearing) about their good deeds or telling with respect and reverence about them to one's children is an indirect direction to them how to behave . Tarpanam,Shraadham etc will be all further milestones in this path.
Let it be started as a trickle. even a pretense. By and by habit will be formed. Then conviction.... full involvement.... enhancement of knowledge ..and full detailed performance.

Instead of doing hair splitting exercise in details and discouraging sincere and interested youngsters - let us be practical-- so that the young generation( and some old one's who somehow missed opportunity earlier) gets into it and then they will themselves pass the tests with full knowledge. Encouragement is to be given to anyone who is ready to follow these even though it may not be perfect now. At least they are doing ....than many who do not do anything and indulge in exercise of escapism and justification.

For the persons interested in knowing basics without much difficulty I am copying some links, which I found relevant for me.

Raja Thatha's stotra translations: Samkshepa Dharma Sastram-Sradha Dharma Prakaranam

What are three historically established phases of Shraddha? | Shraddha

Raja Thatha's stotra translations: Introduction to Samkshepa Dharma Sasthra

SRAARDHAM &THARPANAM BY R GOPALAKRISHNAN : sunkan blogs on sulekha, General blogs, sunkan blog from india

Can any one please tell me ...doing shradham with homam

doing shradham with homam, is it a must for wife to join in the rituals?

Thanks
I think the rigvedis cannot do homam without wife's presence. Yajurvedis could do some ritual known as "pANi hOmam" (my memory only, may not be correct) and perform SrAddham. These are just memories not authentic opinion.

To All: Ones the Soul left the body it last all contacts and relationship in the world, so no were connected. so if any shadhdam or heraniyashadhdam is not going to give the left souls benifit. Just satisfy ourself we are duing this. s.r.k.

Can any one please tell me ...doing shradham with homam

doing shradham with homam, is it a must for wife to join in the rituals?

Thanks
Vedha vakyam 'KARMA, DHARMA PATNIYA SAHA KURYAATH.'It is imperative that all karmaas to be done with the assosiation of wife only.when your wife is not with you on the day of shraardham hiranyasrardham can be done.As some member has stated above about the doing karma there is no scale specified.When a karma is not done as per sastras it gives no fruit.But if one feel simply doing a karma is abetter way than not doing it definitly he will have satisfaction if not full fruit.As for sastras are concerned it does not have any compromise, may be in olden days our life was along that path only and today we have gone out a long distance.

To All: Ones the Soul left the body it last all contacts and relationship in the world, so no were connected. so if any shadhdam or heraniyashadhdam is not going to give the left souls benifit. Just satisfy ourself we are duing this. s.r.k.

Dear satsangi ji
Will you please clarify what do you mean by SOUL in this contest(shraardham).It is not for the soul we are doing sraardham.
When you say it satisfy ourself.Will you be able to quantify the satisfaction of one tambaram to that of another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back