• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A tribute to the life and music of Ghantasala

• Thread starter V.Balasubramani
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

Remembering the legendary and distinguished play back singer and composer Ghantasala

[h=1]The golden voice of the Telugus: A tribute to the life and music of Ghantasala[/h]
Ghantasala%20listening%20to%20his%20records.jpg

No other playback singer’s voice tracked the history of the Telugu industry like his did.

If you ask any Telugu cinema lover to name their favourite actors and singers, they will easily reel off a few current names. More seasoned film goers will take names from the 1970s and earlier. Old timers will go directly to the 50s and 60s which was considered the golden era of Telugu cinema.

Long before Telugu cinema became a mishmash of bad direction, slapstick comedy, banal lyrics set to cheap tunes and churned out endless films that could easily be forgotten, there was a golden era.

An era where screen heroes were taught to be real life gods for the characters they portrayed, where films were produced by the best of talented crews in every aspect, including cinematography, editing and more.

The one voice that rang through decades of Telugu cinema and gave the greatest hits was that of Ghantasala Venkateswara Rao. Fondly addressed as ‘Ghantasala’, his family ancestral village in the coastal districts of Andhra, his voice became synonymous with Telugu cinema.

No other playback singer’s voice tracked the history of the Telugu industry like his did.

To read more click here

Indeed Gandasala Nageswara Rao was a great singer. He set a standard in voice culture for other playback singers, to follow, especially in Telugu cinema music. His rich sonorous voice reverberate on the holy abode of the Lord of Seven hills everyday even now, rendering the Bhagavad Gita verses.
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

VB Ji,
As much encomium deserved by sri.gandasala's about his versatility, scintillating and legendary performance of carnatic as well as melody both in telugu and tamil cinema, I am restricting myself.

I do remember his follows songs out of a lot:
1) உலகே மாயம் வாழ்வே மாயம்
2) சிவசங்கரி
3) தேசுலவயதே தேன்மலராலே
4) ஆஹா இன்ப நிலாவினிலே

VB Ji,
As much encomium deserved by sri.gandasala's about his versatility, scintillating and legendary performance of carnatic as well as melody both in telugu and tamil cinema, I am restricting myself.

I do remember his follows songs out of a lot:
1) உலகே மாயம் வாழ்வே மாயம்
2) சிவசங்கரி
3) தேசுலவயதே தேன்மலராலே
4) ஆஹா இன்ப நிலாவினிலே

In which film does feature 'SIVASANKARI' song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back