• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Help identify Malayalam Slokam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would appreciate help in identifying two things I'm trying to transcribe from an old recording of my grandmother.

One goes:
Naadu chutti sancharichal pava karmam teerum,
Veedu pukki irunukondal papakkam undam

The other is the proverb:
Anyithaal chinchatam karyam,
Deyvam anyithra chinthathe

Am looking for a literal translation and if possible a link to where this came from.

Thanks,
T.

Hi
First one should be understood some thing like this
Naduchuttuka means travel around
In ancient times people undertook travel mainly for pilgrimage
so nadu chutti sancharikkuka means undertake lot of pilgrimage to wash off your papakarmas.
Veedupukki irunnu kondal means if You stay indoors you are only going to add more to your papa karmas -- in nut shell don't stay idle be on move to wash off your sins

I have some difficulty in second one. Could post image of the writings if possible? I am afraid it is not properly spelt

Thanks @ganesh65, I didn't think about it in that manner of traveling being a synonym for pilgrimages in the old days.

On the second quote I'm transcribing my grandmother's recording probably not very well. Will try to clip the audio and put it up somewhere so you can hear it.

Thanks again,
T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back