• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Karnataka farmer builds 'temple of love', worships wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

A farmer of Karnataka built a 'temple of love' ...dedicated to his wife and worships her for the past 12 years.

[h=1]Karnataka farmer builds 'temple of love', worships wife[/h]
63037720.jpg

CHAMARAJANAGAR: Building a temple in his village was a labour of love for Raju alias Rajuswamy since it was his wife's ardent wish. But it wasn't complete until he installed an idol of hers in the temple and worshipped her along with the deities. "Our love was divine," he said.

People from even nearby villages now visit Krishnapura village of Yellandur taluk in the district, and ask about the temple of Rajamma. The temple was built in 2006 and Raju, a farmer, has been performing puja every day for the past 12 years. Rajamma's idol, sculpted by her husband, stands in the temple along with four deities - Shanishwara, Siddappaji, Navagraha and Lord Shiva.

The temple, Raju tells TOI, has a long story. Raju, who has 3 acres of farmland in the village, married his sister's daughter. "My parents were against our marriage. Somehow, we got married as my sister and brother in law didn't oppose us. A few days after the marriage, my wife said she wanted me to construct a temple in the village. But before the completion of the temple, she passed away. So, I decided to install her idol in the sanctum sanctorum." Raju took around two years to build the temple.

Read more at: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...f-love-worships-wife/articleshow/63037408.cms

Lines between God and humans get blurred.
No wonder we Hindus at times become a laughing stock.

I know this farmer loves his wife but to deify her?
Wont his actions affect her Karmically?
Binding her by poojas?

How will her Atma even progress?

If we truly love someone the best is to let them go..not as to forget them but not to bind them with our selfish desire.

The farmers wife only asked for a temple but she didnt asked to be deified.

Weird guy..he should get a new wife and poojas would stop!

Binding her by poojas?

If we truly love someone the best is to let them go..not as to forget them but not to bind them with our selfish desire.

hi

lol....

As rightly pointed out by one of the comments, each have different opinion. There are people who okays if Shahjahan did the same thing cutting the hands of 20,000 architects and laborers to house Mumtaz's tomb.

And there is a ritual called 'Mayana Kollai' .....Hindus worship goddess at burial ground/creation ground.

Have we not heard mummified bodies preserved and kept inside places of worship...???.

Why not? Is there any restrictions under any law?
It is believed that "தெய்வம் மனுஷ ரூபனாம்""

This Karnataka farmer's act of building a temple to fulfill his wife's ambition after her demise goes to show the unending love and affection and the wonderful relationship that prevailed between them till her last breath. In order to pay reverence and respect to his beloved departed soul, he appears to have planned the temple. Probably before consecration he would have thought of installing his wife's idol there and do poojas. He did it perhaps for his own peace of mind. Of course, there no one to object it as it is a private property. Since he is a farmer, his high ambition stood before for a sarcastic comments. Please love everyone either rich or poor and their good act that is construction of a temple and installing his wife's idol is not a sin either to him or to his deceased wife.

The whole village reported to have accepted this and they also started worshiping....

Last edited by a moderator:
[h=1]காதல் மனைவிக்கு கோவில் கட்டி 12 வருடங்களாக பூஜை செய்யும் நபா்[/h]
20_16387.jpg

அவளது ஆசையை நிறைவேற்றவே நான் கோவில் கட்டினேன். கருவறையில் பிற கடவுளின் சிலையை வைப்பதற்கு பதில் அவள் வடிவத்தையே சிலையாக வடிவமைத்தேன்.

எனக்கு சொந்தமான 3 ஏக்கா் நிலத்தில் 2 ஆண்டுளாக கஷ்டப்பட்டு இந்த கோவிலை கட்டியுள்ளேன். கடந்த 2006ம் ஆண்டு முதல் நான் இந்த கோவிலில் தினமும் பூஜை செய்து வருகிறேன் என்று நெகிழ்ச்சியுடன் தொிவித்தாா்.

Source: https://tamil.samayam.com/social/karnataka-farmer-build-temple-for-his-wife/articleshow/63049329.cms

ஆரம்பத்தில் ராஜூவின் செயலுக்கு எதிர்ப்பு தெரிவித்த ஊரார், தற்போது ராஜம்மாளின் சிலையையும் வணங்கத் தொடங்கி விட்டனர். இந்தக் கோவிலையும் ராஜம்மாள் கோவில் என்றே அவர்கள் அழைக்கின்றனர்.

கணவரே கண் கண்ட தெய்வம் என்று கூறுவார்கள். ஆனால், மனைவிக்காக ராஜூ கோவில் கட்டியிருப்பதை அந்த ஊர் மக்கள் பெருமையாக பேசுகின்றனர். தற்போது பக்கத்து கிராமங்களில் இருந்தும் இந்தக் கோவிலுக்கு மக்கள் வந்து செல்கின்றனர்.

Source: https://tamil.oneindia.com/news/india/farmer-builds-temple-for-wife-312428.html

Binding her by poojas?

Dear Renuka Madam,

You used to worship Sathya Sai Baba when he was alive (and still do).

He was a human being but a God to you blurring the lines between God and humans.

In your belief he was a God and is still is God which is why you support the thread Sai lives on (that is my guess).

Do not see any difference between your belief and this farmer worshiping his wife.

Hindus do not laugh at Hindus but if outsiders laugh who cares, let them.

Also no one knows what happens after death. Let the farmer worship his wife in his own property. He is not causing trouble for anyone.

Many people keep photos of their dead parents along with other pictures of deities in their puja area,

Dear Renuka Madam,

You used to worship Sathya Sai Baba when he was alive (and still do).

He was a human being but a God to you blurring the lines between God and humans.

In your belief he was a God and is still is God which is why you support the thread Sai lives on (that is my guess).

Do not see any difference between your belief and this farmer worshiping his wife.

Hindus do not laugh at Hindus but if outsiders laugh who cares, let them.

Also no one knows what happens after death. Let the farmer worship his wife in his own property. He is not causing trouble for anyone.

Many people keep photos of their dead parents along with other pictures of deities in their puja area,

There is a difference.

A spouse is not God.

Gurus have been worshiped as God in our culture hence there is Gurur Brahma Gurur Vishnu Gurur Devo Maheswarah etc.

Its just like how Khusboo has a temple by fans and people doing milk abhishekam to cut out of Rajnikanth.

So get the difference.

Btw I made a mention before in Forum that I dont have a prayer room anymore for many years now.

I maintain the Sai thread becos I started it and continue to do becos I want to share info for those who have been reading it.

But today you did point out a relevent fact to me that if i maintain that thread how can i comment on the farmer.

Yes..you are right in a way.
So I guess its time to close the Sai thread.

Thank you for pointing out this to me .
I am not closing the thread as a hasty decision but its time to let go any attachment be it idol or worship or even.a thread in forum.

Vanakkam,

I always read news and articles compiled by V.Balasubramani sir eagerly, as it is always interesting. Thank you for that.

A man having a a shrine dedicated to his wife, that is nice to know, that too at these days of age.

As rightly pointed out by one of the comments, each have different opinion. There are people who okays if Shahjahan did the same thing cutting the hands of 20,000 architects and laborers to house Mumtaz's tomb.

And there is a ritual called 'Mayana Kollai' .....Hindus worship goddess at burial ground/creation ground.

Have we not heard mummified bodies preserved and kept inside places of worship...???.

No one prayed to mummies and shah jahan didnt do prayers for his wife.

Its not about being rich or poor or Hindu or Muslim or Egyptian or Mayan.

Its just a thought about the Karmic effect on the soul of the departed woman.

By making her a deity to be worshiped even others are worshipping her..so many thoughts are connected to her.

Upon death one has their own Karmic progress..wont this hinder her Karmically.

Some might say a Hindu will not laugh at another Hindu but would this act of making a spouse an idol be condoned Karmically?

Yes we have no idea what happens after.death but best is to play safe and not deify a spouse.

May be the farmer is very depressed himself and cant come to terms with her death and wants to kerp her alive in his mind.
He too needs to move on.
Remarriage would help him move on.

No one prayed to mummies and shah jahan didnt do prayers for his wife.

It can be veneration of dead.

It can be also considered as an act done out of love, affection and more respect to the departed soul.

Have we not come across that in some cultures they strongly believe continued existence of dead...?

It is nothing praying the departed soul..

In Hinduism they pray the Pitrus...

We can go on argue..... but I know that non-Muslim visitors are not allowed to visit Tan Mahal on Fridays

And

[h=1]St. Francis Xavier’s body on public display in Goa[/h]To read more click here

And there is lot.....

There is a difference.

A spouse is not God.

Gurus have been worshiped as God in our culture hence there is Gurur Brahma Gurur Vishnu Gurur Devo Maheswarah etc.

Its just like how Khusboo has a temple by fans and people doing milk abhishekam to cut out of Rajnikanth.

So get the difference.

Btw I made a mention before in Forum that I dont have a prayer room anymore for many years now.

I maintain the Sai thread becos I started it and continue to do becos I want to share info for those who have been reading it.

But today you did point out a relevent fact to me that if i maintain that thread how can i comment on the farmer.

Yes..you are right in a way.
So I guess its time to close the Sai thread.

Thank you for pointing out this to me .
I am not closing the thread as a hasty decision but its time to let go any attachment be it idol or worship or even.a thread in forum.

Dear Renuka Madam:

It is you that have to get the difference between a farmer treating his spouse as a Guru compared to the lust for a film actress (that make some fools to build a temple structure for an actress ) . The two are not similar at all.

I bet experts like you can come up with examples of Puranic stories where a spouse is taken as a Guru. Pativratam is about Pati being taken as God. So why not Patni as God. The man in the story seem to be sincere. She is her God/guru to her. Who are we to question his sincerity. If others join the worship that is up to them.

Besides in Hindusim people on a given day worship their objects of trade like Taxi/car/tools etc. People worship cows. Why not worship a spouse?

Yes, you shared that you have no Puja room. Here is my understanding of Hinduism wherein

A. Worship with idol and rituals = worship with just mind/thoughts (you may still worship mentally Sai Baba and other humans as God even without a prayer room, that is what I meant by your desire to share his teachings to others. I am sure you know there are nasty stories about him as a human)

B. Worship of form = worship of formless (= sign means 'same as')

Only sincerity is needed.

Closing a thread may or may not show lack of attachment. But if you have logged in here 90% of the days for the past decade or so then you are very much attached to the forum and a true veteran of the forum. Nothing wrong with that.

Thanks for engaging with me ..

Dear Renuka Madam:

It is you that have to get the difference between a farmer treating his spouse as a Guru compared to the lust for a film actress (that make some fools to build a temple structure for an actress ) . The two are not similar at all.

I bet experts like you can come up with examples of Puranic stories where a spouse is taken as a Guru. Pativratam is about Pati being taken as God. So why not Patni as God. The man in the story seem to be sincere. She is her God/guru to her. Who are we to question his sincerity. If others join the worship that is up to them.

Besides in Hindusim people on a given day worship their objects of trade like Taxi/car/tools etc. People worship cows. Why not worship a spouse?

Yes, you shared that you have no Puja room. Here is my understanding of Hinduism wherein

A. Worship with idol and rituals = worship with just mind/thoughts (you may still worship mentally Sai Baba and other humans as God even without a prayer room, that is what I meant by your desire to share his teachings to others. I am sure you know there are nasty stories about him as a human)

Closing a thread may or may not show lack of attachment. But if you have logged in here 90% of the days for the past decade or so then you are very much attached to the forum and a true veteran of the forum. Nothing wrong with that.

Sir,

We said.

My up vote to you.

The bone of contention is about praying/worshiping a departed soul as God.

It can be either, wife, Guru, Saint, etc etc depending upon the individual

And here I would like to mention that Bhagwad Geetha says:

who-is-true-god-9-728.jpg

Source: Google images.

Madam,
It is disheartening to go through your reply. Madam for heaven sake please continue your thread and it is your prerogative right and devine blessings of SAI BHAGVAN. By continuing the particular thread I am sure you will get BLISS in your mind, in your noble profession and perhaps in your personal life too. My request.

Madam,
It is disheartening to go through your reply. Madam for heaven sake please continue your thread and it is your prerogative right and devine blessings of SAI BHAGVAN. By continuing the particular thread I am sure you will get BLISS in your mind, in your noble profession and perhaps in your personal life too. My request.

Dear Sir,

I am not closing the thread as a reaction.
If you have noticed I have not been posting regularly for sometime becos the same question has been playing in my mind...that is "I am still holding on to a perception in some way or the other and I got my answer today from a-TBs post.
Its not about any ego being bruised here and I am reacting to it but a-TB made me realize that I am holding on to a personal belief too...I take his post with the right spirit that its time for me to "let go" of anything I hold on to.

In fact I thank him and also you for directing my thoughts in the right direction.

So dont feel bad.

I am actually happy for this decision.

Dear Renuka Madam:

Agreed ..that closing a thread does not show a lack of attachment..in fact it can also create a new type of attachment...that is an attachment to Non attachment.

But overall I have been thinking for sometime if I should continue that thread or not...you can see how irregularly I have been posting.

So today I got my answer finally.

Cool..no problems.

I have already informed Praveen to close the thread.

Regards
I am still in forum..who knows I might develop a new OBSESSION after all I havent divorced anything from my mind..its just that I might not identify with image worship anymore...but the mind can still paint a good 50 shades of anything.

Last edited:
Madam,
Please pursue the devine duty as an ACT OF GOD entrusted to you as a boon.
Thus the devine blessings cannot openly be visible to one's naked eyes but has got THE POWER to realise oneself descending and felt under sub-conscious mind.

C n P alone is NOT enough! :nono:

Following the guidance of one's Guru is more important!

:pray:

C n P is part of spreading Guru's guidance, principles, etc

And the Forum has more doing this regularly

For more, it is content that is important and not the source.

We have no dearth for members coming in and preaching like Avvaiyar....

I just learnt that a member who joined the Forum in 2009 and has nearly 23,000 postings to her credit has suddenly realized the truth and decided to close the thread which was intended to spread the preaching of Guru.

For few preaching is part of their routine.

We have no dearth for members coming in and preaching like Avvaiyar....

I just learnt that a member who joined the Forum in 2009 and has nearly 23,000 postings to her credit has suddenly realized the truth and decided to close the thread which was intended to spread the preaching of Guru.

For few preaching is part of their routine.

Abey...there is no need to be sarcastic!LOL

I can be both Avvaiyar and a Devil.

Its all depends on who I am dealing with.

For some preaching is part of their routine and for some 'stalking' is their routine.

I didnt even know I had 23,000 posts...thanks for the info.

Whats the big deal of closing a thread?
One's life itself can become a closed chapter at anytime...so why worry.

May you keep on stalking.

A thread with a caption of 'Temple of love' is turning to be a thread .....

A nice development revealing the inner nature and outer colour

It is strange that you are talking to a person who never bothered to get banned.lol

A thread with a caption of 'Temple of love' is turning to be a thread .....

A nice development revealing the inner nature and outer colour

It is strange that you are talking to a person who never bothered to get banned.lol

Ha ha ha...surely u dont mind being banned cos u come back in many forms..so you are never really banned.

Your names are from Rudram to Chamkam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back