• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why go to temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY GO TO TEMPLE ????????

If ur Spiritually alive, you're going to love this.
If ur Spiritually dead , you won't want to read this!!!!
If ur Spiritually curious, there is still Hope

WHY GO TO TEMPLE ?????

A " Devotee" wrote a letter in the Newspaper & complained that it made NO SENSE
to go to temple."I've gone for 32 years now, he wrote. & in that time I have heard something like 3500 mantras.

But for the Life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. So, I think I am wasting my Time and the Gurus are wasting theirs by giving services and reciting
Mantras and upanyasams.

This started a conterversey in the "Letters to Editor " column much to the delight of the Editor for many weeks until someone wrote this Clincher"

I have been married for 30 years now. In that 30 years my wife has cooked some 32000 meals.
But the Life of me, I can't recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals. But I know this for sure:....They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work.

If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically Weak and dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone to Temple for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today

Whem you are DOWN to nothing .....God is UP TO something!!
Faith sees the invisible belives the incredible and receives the impossible.

THANK GOD and The Gurus for our physical & Spiritual Nourishment !! All right now that you're done reading this send it on:drum:I think everyone should read this!! When Satan is knocking at your doors , simply say

"OM VIGNESWARAYA NAMAH"

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    24.1 KB · Views: 133
Sri Ambes,

Thank you for the nice logical arguments.

Why some people try to put the pious and devoted down nowadays by such silly questioning (kutharkams) is the absense of (or non-appearance in sufficient strength)
learned people with similar logical and intelligent retorts.

Earlier days people were trained in Tharkam,vyakaranam,ayurvedam,jyotisham etc, and were equipping themselves ,and were able to counter any devious kutharkams.

Tks and Greetings.

Namassadhasae.

Shri Ambes:

Excellent presentation. Not only the choicest words in the text, the image of pillayar also, with glittering greetings. Thanks & Keep posting such nice presentations.

அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை
அவை தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே!

Why Go to temples?

If Nasthikas ask this question, understandable. If Others ask, it is equivalent to asking "Why to respect Parents?" Temples especially those where the Devathas have been installed as per Agama Shastras are vested with Divine Power and the worshippers are the Beneficiaries. I remember a story often told (which many may know) - When a devotee who has been a sufferer all along was walking praying to Lord, "Oh, God, why do you make me suffer, why don't you help me?" He heard the Lord saying "My child, just look at the foot-prints on earth by the side of yours. You will notice another pair of foot-prints. Whose do you think, they are? They are mine. I am always by your side, helping you and guiding you and blessing you. Do not worry." The Devotee in gratitude replied, "Thank you Lord". After a few years, again the Devotee out of distress cried "Lord, it appears you have deserted me, for, I do not find your foot-prints. Please help me, I Pray." He again heard the Lord's voice. "My Child, how can I desert you. The foot-prints that you see are not yours. They are mine. Yours are not there because I am carrying you to protect you. Do not worry. I am always with you." The devotee shed tears by saying "I am sorry my Lord. Please forgive me for saying so. Please accept my Pranams and gratitude for your Supreme Compassion."
Whether the person believes or disbelieves in the Almighty, it is He the Creator who protects and it is prudent to remember That Supreme Power and pay our obeisance with Love and Devotion preferably at the Temples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back