• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sivarathri an explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks akura,

The document basically tells why Siva rathiri falls in an earlier time this year than during maasi masam (march). According to the document, this sort will happen next in 2029.

drb

But in many temples, they are following on March. Ofcourse the explanation is pakka provided there. In chidambaram they are celebrating on this week friday only.

Pranams

Since, karadayar nombu and maasa porappu is there on 14th of march, and that too 13th is sowramaana sivaratrhi, in panchangam it is given Feb12 is Maha Siva rathri. Even in panchanga uploaded by sharma here in tb.com, at page 37, i find he has put on Thai-30 (Feb-12) as Chandramaana Maha sivarathri. hope all celebrates on this month only.

Dear Guruji

Shivarathri is celebrated only on March in The Temple of Saivism "Chidambaram" and also in Madurai...

Pranams.

Please see the attachement. I have gone through number of sanskrit text and other books. I think we should take the rules of Agamas which were the original (mula taxt ) for any vratha books. Vratha books are originated from Agmas. Next calculating Panchangam and determine (nirnaya) vrathas are 2 defferent task. Once you calculated panchangam then you are going to do the vratha nirnya.

Attachments

• shivarathri.doc
    47.5 KB · Views: 142
shivaratri-2010

I wanted to post this attachment with some concern about this year shivaratri. Mr. Balu.Saravan Sharma had posted an explanation about shivaratri. Please read the attachment and see more tahn 8 Agamas and other text advocate that Maha Shivaratri should be followed in Soura mas(Solar month) not in Chandramas(lunar month).
Many people(including Mr Balu Saravan Sharma) quote as per vratha books it should be in chandramas. My question to all of you is how could you all ignore what is said in Agamas and just respect or to follow the vratha books which are not oroginal but the collection of rules derived from Agamas. Agamas are beleived as told by Lord Shiva to rishis. And it is said, in Saravali, that Agamas should respected higher than any other text. Saivaism follows Agamas. 1)Magha mas is also known as soura mas(lunar).2)Karana Agamas epresses very well in order to clear if any one confuse.3)to clarify this confusion, some vratha and purana books specifically mentioned Kumba mas and Phalguni mas.
Thank you
l.s.sarma. email: [email protected]

Attachments

• shivarathri.doc
    47.5 KB · Views: 227
Respected Sarma

Am unable to open your attachment. Its in someother font and language I think. Anyhow can you clarify us who is that Mr. Balu Saravan Sharma. Is he any rishi or mahan to consider that much of importance???

Pranams...

I wanted to post this attachment with some concern about this year shivaratri. Mr. Balu.Saravan Sharma had posted an explanation about shivaratri. Please read the attachment and see more tahn 8 Agamas and other text advocate that Maha Shivaratri should be followed in Soura mas(Solar month) not in Chandramas(lunar month).
Many people(including Mr Balu Saravan Sharma) quote as per vratha books it should be in chandramas. My question to all of you is how could you all ignore what is said in Agamas and just respect or to follow the vratha books which are not oroginal but the collection of rules derived from Agamas. Agamas are beleived as told by Lord Shiva to rishis. And it is said, in Saravali, that Agamas should respected higher than any other text. Saivaism follows Agamas. 1)Magha mas is also known as soura mas(solar).2)Karana Agamas epresses very well in order to clarify if any one confuse.3)to clarify this confusion, some vratha and purana books specifically mentioned Kumba mas and Phalguni mas. 4) is there any Agamas specifically said that Maha Shivarathri should be followed in chandramas(lunar)? 5) In "Dharma sindhu" the shankranthy for magha mas titled as "magahkumba shankranthy" if magha mas is only chandramas, why it is explained such a way in "dharma sindhu"(also known as vratha book).6)"Nirnaya Sindhu" is an another vratha book and in that book Maha Shivarathri rules are given after palghuna mas nirnaya and under ther title called "palghuna chathurdhasi nirnaya" why is taht? all of my question were to those who think the date Feb 12/2010 was a correct date to celebrate Maha Shivaratri.
Thank you
l.s.sarma. email: [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]

The attachment in tamil font (bamini) if there is any diffuculties to read in Tamil, Can any one of you let me know, then i can scan and attache and send again.

Last edited:
shivarathri an explanation

Many people(including Mr Balu Saravan Sharma) quote as per vratha books it should be in chandramas. My question to all of you is how could you all ignore what is said in Agamas and just respect or to follow the vratha books which are not oroginal but the collection of rules derived from Agamas. Agamas are beleived as told by Lord Shiva to rishis. And it is said, in Saravali, that Agamas should respected higher than any other text. Saivaism follows Agamas. 1)Magha mas is also known as soura mas(solar).2)Karana Agamas epresses very well in order to clarify if any one confuse.3)to clarify this confusion, some vratha and purana books specifically mentioned Kumba mas and Phalguni mas. 4) is there any Agamas specifically said that Maha Shivarathri should be followed in chandramas(lunar)? 5) In "Dharma sindhu" the shankranthy for magha mas titled as "magahkumba shankranthy" if magha mas is only chandramas, why it is explained such a way in "dharma sindhu"(also known as vratha book).6)"Nirnaya Sindhu" is an another vratha book and in that book Maha Shivarathri rules are given after palghuna mas nirnaya and under ther title called "palghuna chathurdhasi nirnaya" why is taht? all of my question were to those who think the date Feb 12/2010 was a correct date to celebrate Maha Shivaratri. I have attached scanned documents. I am sorry that i had to attach 5 pages. I could not attach as folder. only way i know to attach a folder is winzip folder method which i avoided to make easy for people who do not have winzip software. Mr. Balu Saravan Sharma has given his opnion under "shivarathri an explanation". That is why I had to mentioned his name here. Lets respect each other.
Thank you
l.s.sarma. email: [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]

Attachments

• Image %286%29.jpg
    Image %286%29.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Image %287%29.jpg
    Image %287%29.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Image %288%29.jpg
    Image %288%29.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Image %289%29.jpg
    Image %289%29.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 146
  • Image %2810%29.jpg
    Image %2810%29.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Dear LS

I think the question raised by myself has been wrongly understood by you. Since you have quoted the name twice in your post, that too in a stressful form saying "including that so and so", am much curious to know who is that person. Thats all. I think the person be like Seshadrinadha ganapadigal. In a curiousity only I asked. If you go through the previous posts of this same thread, infact you will find that even myself is supporting the view that shivarathri is celebrated in March 2010 only. Am very sorry that if the previous post hurts you in any way...

Pranams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back