• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Woes Of children of mixed marriages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many Tamil brahmin boys and girls in eighties married Inter caste or inter religion defying the existing order.

When their children reach the age for marriage, they face difficulties due to actions of past generation.

The conventional few do not accept them.

These are forced to look for matches from other communities who are more liberal and would accept and display these girls as trophies after marriage.

One option for them is to look for their class mates,office colleagues from brahmin community and get into a relationship.

Metros like mumbai or delhi find local brahmins if possible if they are willing to marry them.

Many of these.have a liberal mindset.

The other option for them is to head for US, canada or down under where caste or religion differences are over looked.

Youngsters of this generation are paying a heavy price for action of their parents , running from pillar to post for finding mates

There are consequences of every decision.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
u2l4a2.gif
The statement means that in every interaction, there is a pair of forces acting on the two interacting objects. The size of the forces on the first object equals the size of the force on the second object. The direction of the force on the first object is opposite to the direction of the force on the second object. Forces always come in pairs - equal and opposite action-reaction force pairs.
The ancestors of modern humans interbred with Neanderthals and another extinct line of humans known as the Denisovans at least four times in the course of prehistory, according to an analysis of global genomes published Thursday in the journal Science.

Every marriage has and will have problems.
Every generation has its own problem. And they think their problem is the worst.
We still carry our caste identities and in spite of not following any of the original principles we still profess the same old practices. So bring on the misery on ourselves and our children.

Let us grow up with the new realities, and accept the results of our actions.

I do not live in India, so I may not face the same problems.
Out here it is very different.

[FONT=q_serif]I think it would be different for specific combinations of interracial relationships. You see a lot of soldiers coming home to America with Asian wives and some of those marriages work well and some don't. That said, I don't think the families of Caucaision/Asian couples are as vocally against those marriages as Caucaision/African couples experience with their families. [/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]
Personally, I'm white and my family have never been against me dating interracialy. My sister has dated interracialy too but ended up marrying a white guy. At no time did our parents encourage us to do anything other than to find a loving, honest, ambitious man. [/FONT]

[FONT=q_serif]
On the other hand, a lot of white girls do experience negativity with their families and the families of black men I've dated have oftentimes been very outspoken against their son or brother dating a white girl. For some reason, the race issue doesn't seem to enter the equation when an Asian partner is a subject.

[/FONT]
https://www.quora.com/How-successful-are-interracial-marriages-What-are-some-of-the-common-obstacles-that-interracial-couples-have-to-address

Once the genie is out of the bottle it is very difficult to put it back in the bottle.

The institution of marriage is solely based on adjustments on the part of both the couples. Mixed Marriages require all the more adjustments. Children of a mixed marriage are a confused lot with regard to their religion. Can mixed marriages work? Find out.

"Iyer boy Srivatsam Revathi Brahacharanam seeks fair, homely,
cultured bride of same caste…" reads a classified in the matrimonial section of a newspaper. But why the same caste? Should it matter? One look at the way the matrimonial section is classified - separate sections for Gujaratis, Bengalis, and Maharashtrians - and it is clear that it does matter. Even in a country like India with its different religions, communities, castes and subcastes, mixed marriages still raise a few eyebrows.

People say they are not that rigid, but when it comes to religion, take it with a pinch of salt. Take Mrs. Khanna for instance. Her son married a Muslim girl. She says, "Like all
parents I would have preferred my son to marry a girl from our community. But once I met Saira, I had no objection to the marriage because my daughter-in-law is a wonderful person. My only condition is that my grandchildren be brought up in the Hindu faith."

These objections on religious grounds seem to have no rationale behind them. If Mrs. Khanna's daughter-in-law is a wonderful person in spite of being a Muslim, then as long as Mrs. Khanna's grandchildren also grow up to be wonderful people, does it really matter if they are Hindu or not? But then, religion and rationality rarely go hand in hand.

There is no guarantee that marrying the person of the same caste, community and religion is the key to marital bliss. It is how a couple deals with the ups and downs of marriage that determines whether the marriage will be a success, not whether they were raised with the same religious customs and beliefs. And it is often those marriages that society summarily dismisses as "that marriage won't last for more than a day" that go on to witness many, many years of marital harmony.

http://www.indiaparenting.com/raising-children/129_267/mixed-marriages-or-mixed-up-marriages.html

Last edited:
Krishji,

Already Tambrahms are facing problems in getting married...The boys are unable to get married as girls are not available...So this problem is being felt all over..No just in Tambrahms but also in inter caste marriages in case the parents wish to marry their children to only Brahmin boy or girl...It is just plain ego..They want to boast to the world that they got a brahmin alliance despite they being inter caste!!

Krishji,

Already Tambrahms are facing problems in getting married...The boys are unable to get married as girls are not available...So this problem is being felt all over..No just in Tambrahms but also in inter caste marriages in case the parents wish to marry their children to only Brahmin boy or girl...It is just plain ego..They want to boast to the world that they got a brahmin alliance despite they being inter caste!!

You should watch the TV show..Two States where they show intercaste couples marriage.

One is a case of an Iyer girl marrying a Bengali boy and boys side taught her how to buy fish from.the market and cook it!

Then marriage is only Bengali way and boys family claims in their community... the mother of the groom and bride cant attend the wedding!

The Iyer girl is having a hard time adjusting but she is still going along.

Each week they show different couples from.India
.in interstate marriage.

Its so irritating to watch parents pressurize their daughters in laws to adjust to their culture instead of letting the couple plan their own life.

One episode showed the Iyer girl almost.throwing up in the fish market.

The Iyer girl appears on TV so unkempt and face appears greasy and hair styled so messy..god knows why she doesnt dress well on TV.

Last edited:
As a second generation TB in delhi , I would prefer a delhi TB or even one parent TB in delhi than someone from south.Thats why I have advocated'love thy neighbour"lol

No matter what community they marry into, what is the problem in following TB practices, and bring up children as TBs?

In our community it's the samskaras that matter, not so much the birth.

RRji

Truly spoken

Love across caste,religion -the price is paid by children of these marriages.

Many such couples regret the actions of their younger days when they look for matches for their children

தீதும் நன்றும் பிறர்தர வாரா

hi

giving advice to others is easy.....but it is hard for self application....oorukku upadesam nalla irukkku...

தங்களின் கருத்தை முற்றிலும் ஏற்றுக்கொள்கிறேன் .

இக்குழுமத்தில் அடுத்தவர்களுக்கு உபதேசம் செய்வதிலேயே முனைப்பாக சிலர் உள்ள
போது, நானும் அந்த அஸ்திரத்தை கையாள நினைப்பது தவறுதான்.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Krish Sir,

As long as the children live outside India, they won't

face any problem. They grow up and get married as per

their wish! :cool:

A Tambaram mom in India, whose husband is a Nair guy,

is hunting for a suitable girl for her only son, for the past

few years, in vain! :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back