Tamil Brahmins
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    hi

veda mantras three different swaras.....UDATA...ANUDATTA..SWARITA....even rudram/chamkam in two different parts of yajurveda..

krishna yajurveda and sukla yajurveda....both are different swaras....learning vedic mantras through guru SATTVA....

through audio RAJAS.....through books TAMAS....the choice is individual...
    asato maa sadh gamayaa, tamaso maa jyotir
    gamayaa, mrityor maa amritham gamayaaa..
    om shanti, om shanti, om shanti...upanishad
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Can please if your time permits the meaning of asato maa..........mrityor maa amirth
    Gamayaa.

Here I want a small clarification about skula
    Yajurveda.
    Sorry to putforth the following under this head:
    While seeking for bridegroom to my daughter, a boy from skula Yajurveda came across. At that time my father-in-law
    Sri.Chandramouli was alive. I told the boys details to him for consultation. I told me to avoid this alliance. I passed the message accordingly.

Then the bridegroom's brother contacted over phone and asked me for the reason why you people does like this? I said no question of liking but I politely managed the situation by saying that the second opinion obtained from a astrologer doesn't have compatibility between them and else nothing wanton.

Then I dropped my idea to know that reason as I was otherwise engaged in search mode for a suitable bridegroom.

By the grace of God and with the blessings of elders they are happy
    Extremely sorry for asking this sarcastic question and pardon me if I hurt anybody's feeling.

My father-in-law passed away at his 93 years of age.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Can yout please.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    He told me to avoid this alliance.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhikshita View Post
    Can please if your time permits the meaning of asato maa..........mrityor maa amirth
    Gamayaa.

Dear Dhishita Ji,

Near meaning of Asato maa ....sanskrit sloka is furnished hereunder:

असतो मा सद्गमय
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय
    मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय
    शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः
    Om Asato Maa Sad-Gamaya |
    Tamaso Maa Jyotir-Gamaya |
    Mrtyor-Maa Amrtam Gamaya |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Meaning:
    1: Om, (O Lord) Keep me not in the Unreality (of the bondage of the Phenomenal World), but lead me towards the Reality (of the Eternal Self),
    2: (O Lord) Keep me not in the Darkness (of Ignorance), but lead me towards the Light (of Spiritual Knowledge),
    3: (O Lord) Keep me not in the (Fear of) Death (due to the bondage of the Mortal World), but lead me towards the Immortality(gained by the Knowledge of the Immortal Self beyond Death),
    4: Om, (May there be) Peace, Peace, Peace (at the the three levels - Adidaivika, Adibhautika and Adhyatmika).

Source: http://greenmesg.org/stotras/vedas/o..._sadgamaya.php

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asatoma Sadgamaya: lyrics and meaning

Asatoma Sadgamaya is a Shanti Mantra (Mantra of peace), it is taken from Brihadaranyaka Upanishads (1.3.28). It is used as a prayer in Indian schools, during spiritual/ religious gatherings , social events and other times; it is believed that the recitation of these verses bring peace.
    In recent times this peace mantra has been used in the 'Navras' soundtrack from the movie 'The Matrix Revolutions'
    Sanskrit Lyrics
    Lyrics transliterated in english
    Meaning in English
    असतोमा सद्गमय ।
    तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमय ।
    मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय ॥
    ॐ शान्ति शान्ति शान्तिः ।।
    asato mā sadgamaya
    tamasomā jyotir gamaya
    mrityormāamritam gamaya
    Oṁ śhānti śhānti śhāntiḥ
    From ignorance, lead me to truth;
    From darkness, lead me to light;
    From death, lead me to immortality
    Om peace, peace, peace

Source : http://aumamen.com/prayer/asatoma-sa...cs-and-meaning
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Dear V.B.JI,
    I AM REALLY VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE AN EXPLICIT AND PRECISE MEANING TO:
    "ASOTO MA ______________AMRTAM GAMAYA" OM SHAANTIH, SHAANTIH,
    SHAANTHIH."

YOU HAVE WRITTEN:-

O LORD, LEAD ME TOWARDS THE REALITY, LEAD ME TOWARDS THE LIGHT AND LEAD ME TOWARDS THE IMMORTALITY SO AS TO ENABLE ME TO ATTAIN PEACE IN MY LIFE.

11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tbs View Post
    hi

just info...i went to veda patashala and studied vedas in my childhood.....getting admission into veda patasala was very tough...

tight competetion tooo....some 4 decades back....nice veda patasalas ..dedicated gurus and shishyas......that guru /shishya

paramapara system going down now....now both are rare....everybody wants doctors/IT engineers....now a days....

some old retired ppl want to learn vedas....these are realities.....tech knowledge helps to learn through youtube./cds...

so now its hard to learn through guru /shishya parampara...
    Dear tbs,
    I agree to your point of view to some extent. That's in a way true, because that how its practically happening these days.
    These things, the culture change is happening only because we started to neglect the subtle factors which is so vital and started to take only gross output in whatever we pursue.
    We started to see thing from a western mind that what does it matter if i learn through cd, youtube or only through a qualified guru.?
    Either we don't realize our mistake these days or we forgot the true quality that differentiate US(Indian minds) from the west.

That quality that i'm talking about is unique to us for ages, that is the SUBTLE factor in every act that we do that takes us to make real progress.
    Simply to say, learning as a process involves not just learning the subject matter alone,
    but the real qualities like
    1) to respect the guru,
    2) discipline,
    3) his soulful blessings( which is not a gross manifestation but subtle one which really matters),
    4) proper guidance when we do mistakes, and learning of subtle nuances,
    5) and finally a person to person contact, the emotion vibration, inspiration to see a fully qualified personality in front of you.

... These things somewhat related are to "FAITH and BELIEF" which are very SUBLE. but those very "faith and belief" were our true strength which helped us finally attain the ultimate truth. But if you see, only these qualities (Faith and belief) the western minded mock much about in the name of our surreptitiousness .
    It is true that to some extent that we lost the connect to the subtle factors why it so and what it reaps when followed, but it also our duty to pursue to know why it was so and what are their effects.

I'm an IT guy, but i didn't learn in a gurukulam as such, but went in search of an adept guru for some time .. and in time was able to learn few suktams with proper guidance and with considerable satisfaction. So, all it matters is how important it is for you to learn, and more importantly for what you are learning it.. It may be to show know few vedam mantram like to show off, or with devotion to recite, or for others it may be for some result for the recitation..
    The effort is totally proportional to the result one seeks..
    I hope i'm not offending any view.. i totally agree the standpoint of yours too in a way..
    but i also humbly feel 'manam irundhaal maargam undu'..

All his grace.
    Sarvam Krishnaarpanam.
    Venkat.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123