Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rudram & chamakam

0 Not allowed!
    Can anyone recite RUDRAM & CHAMPAKA
    M IN THE HOUSE SOON AFTER TAKING A CUP OF COFFEE IN THE MORNING WITHOUT TAKING BATH DUE TO ONE'S OWN
    HEALTH CONDITION ?. WILL It INVITE SIN TO HIS OWN SOUL OR WILL IT AFFECT THE YOUNGER GENEGATION FOR HAVING DONE SO? CAN ANYONE ENLIGHTEN ME!
    சுத்தமான மனச்சுத்தியுடன்
    செய்யலாமா அல்லது உடல் சுத்தியுடன்தான் ஈஸ்வரனை ஜபிக்க வேண்டுமா?
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    காலையில் முகம் கை கால்களை கழுவி நெற்றியில் குழைத்த விபூதியை சிவ நாமம் சொல்லி பூசினால் உடல் சுத்தமாகி விட்டது . மன சுத்தம் உங்கள் கையில் . அமைதியாக அமர்ந்து ஜபம் செய்யலாம்
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Sir,
    தன்யனானேன்.
    தங்களது தெளிவான விளக்கம் எனது சந்தேகத்தை அகற்றிவிட்டது.சிலநேரங்களில் குளிக்காமல் ருத்ரம் படித்தால் பாவச்செயலாகுமோ என மிகவும் பயந்தேன் இனிவரும் காலங்களில் கூடுமானவரை காலையில் குளித்து விட்டு ருத்ரம் படிக்க ஆரம்பிக்கிறேன் முடியாவிட்டால் தாங்கள் கூறியபடி ருத்ரம் படிக்கிறேன்.எனது மனதில் அரித்துக்கொண்டிருந்த பயத்தை நீக்கியமைக்கு மிக்க நன்றி.நலம் நாடும்
    தீக்ஷிதா.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhikshita View Post
    Can anyone recite RUDRAM & CHAMPAKA
    M IN THE HOUSE SOON AFTER TAKING A CUP OF COFFEE IN THE MORNING WITHOUT TAKING BATH DUE TO ONE'S OWN
    HEALTH CONDITION ?. WILL It INVITE SIN TO HIS OWN SOUL OR WILL IT AFFECT THE YOUNGER GENEGATION FOR HAVING DONE SO? CAN ANYONE ENLIGHTEN ME!
    சுத்தமான மனச்சுத்தியுடன்
    செய்யலாமா அல்லது உடல் சுத்தியுடன்தான் ஈஸ்வரனை ஜபிக்க வேண்டுமா?

Dhikshita Ji,

It is part of daily pooja or nithya karma. It is important to prepare your body and mind and it is sheer dedication, pure bhakthi, shraddai that matters in performing such pujas which includes chanting Rudhram. One should take a bathing and wear clothes which were soaked and dried and kept separately, smear vibhoodhi and chandan.

It is more important that before chanting Rudhram and Chamakam, one should first learn these mantras
    which are part of vedas, preferably through a qualified Guru. Students can strictly follow Guru’s words more particularly the pronunciations. While sraddhai and bhakthi are more important, adhering to pooja vidhi is also important for achieving better result and utmost satisfaction and to get the blessings of the Bhagwan.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Mr. BALU,
    Thank you very much for explaining the inherent qualities and benefits derived out of reciting rudra mantram.I will try to follow the importance of the veda mantram and recite as explained by you.
    If not possible I will follow the views of MR.B.V.RAGHAVAN.
    LET ALMIGHTY DECIDE AND BLESS ME WITH HIS CHOICEST BLESSINGS SO AS TO ENABLE ME TO REALISE THE BEACON LIGHT OF BLISS NESS IN MY REST OF THE LIFE PERIOD.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhikshita View Post
    Mr. BALU,
    Thank you very much for explaining the inherent qualities and benefits derived out of reciting rudra mantram.I will try to follow the importance of the veda mantram and recite as explained by you.
    If not possible I will follow the views of MR.B.V.RAGHAVAN.
    LET ALMIGHTY DECIDE AND BLESS ME WITH HIS CHOICEST BLESSINGS SO AS TO ENABLE ME TO REALISE THE BEACON LIGHT OF BLISS NESS IN MY REST OF THE LIFE PERIOD.
    There are arguments like this...

I have read the conflicts between Vishnu dhutas and Yama dhutas in the story of Ajamila..

Holy name story: Story of Ajamila!

A story from Srimad-Bhagavatam.

By His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

There was once a young brahmana named Ajamila [pronounced aj-a-meel], who was a reservoir of good character and conduct. He was mild and gentle, always truthful, well versed in the Vedic scriptures, and very pure.

One day, on the request of his father, Ajamila went to the forest to collect fruit, flowers and grasses. On the way home, he came upon a very lusty low-class man embracing and kissing a prostitute. Both of them were drunk, and the man was smiling, singing and enjoying himself without shame. The prostitute’s eyes were rolling in intoxication, and her dress had become loose. When Ajamila saw her, the lusty desires in his heart awakened, and in illusion he fell under their control.

Remembering the instructions of the scriptures, Ajamila tried not to gaze at the woman. He strained to control his lusty desires with the help of his knowledge and intellect, but he failed and as a result lost all his good sense. In the days that followed he always thought about the prostitute, and within a short time he took her as a servant in his house and abandoned all the brahminical principles.

Ajamila began spending the money he had inherited from his father on various gifts to satisfy the prostitute. He even abandoned his beautiful young wife, who came from a very respectable family. Thus Ajamila spent his long life irresponsibly breaking all the rules and regulations of the holy scriptures. He was unclean and addicted to forbidden activities. Living extravagantly, he maintained his family by harassing others, cheating, gambling and theft.

Over the eighty-eight years of Ajamila’s life, he fathered ten sons by the prostitute. Ajamila’s youngest son, a baby named Narayana, was naturally very dear to both his father and mother. The child’s broken language and awkward movements greatly endeared him to old Ajamila, who always took care of him and enjoyed his activities.

At the time of death one is certainly bewildered because his bodily functions are in disorder. At that time, even one who throughout his life has practiced chanting the holy name of the Lord may not be able to chant the Hare Krsna mantra very distinctly.
    Nevertheless, such a person receives all the benefits of chanting the holy name. While the body is fit, therefore, we should chant the holy name of the Lord loudly and distinctly. If one does so, it is quite possible that even at the time of death he will be able to properly chant the holy name of the Lord with love and faith and return home, back to Godhead, without a doubt.

Read more at: http://www.bhagavatam-katha.com/holy...ry-of-ajamila/
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Dhikshita Ji,

Please try to understand as to why I am insisting you for learning Sri Rudhram through a Guru is mainly because it is Sanskrit which is a very complicated language and least phonetic. And perfection in pronunciation is very important in such hymes.

Better option will be to join a dedicated group conducted by a qualified Guru. This is happening around Chennai City.

What is required is a Will.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    We every day as soon as we wake up switch on the I pad and listen to Rudhram, chamakam. We feel very comfortable through the day.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you for your suggestion. Of course I do have inherent qualities ( no bad habits as on date). and inclination to learn through GURU. I AM IN SEARCH OF SUITABLE GURU CONVENIENT TO BOTH OF US. I HOPE TO MEET HIM SHORTLY BY THE GRACE OF DEVATHI DEVAN SRI MAHESWARAN.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Please also make sure you are externally (bathe, clean clothes etc.) and internally( bathroom visits done, mentally clean) as well. Cleanliness is next to godliness. You need to be as pure as possible to approach and propitiate the purest of all.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast