Tamil Brahmins
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GNANA SUNYAM View Post
    @ V. Balasubramaniam: "Individual cannot prescribe qualifications..it is mass..the public

agreed with a slight variation. the constitution of india prescribes qualifications but the mass public have the trump card to elect the cm.

let us discuss the eligibility criteria, the strengths, the calibre etc etc an individual shall possess to effectively lead TN as CM.
    In my opinion, the mass of Tamil Nadu never looks into the eligibility criteria, whatever that has been prescribed in this thread.. They don't seems to bother about the strength, the caliber, etc

They may be looking for cash for vote.....packet of Biriyani and cutting of liquor,

Their memory is too short. They will forget all burning issues like tragic suicide of Agricultural Engg. Dept. Engineer Muthukumarasamy, they will forget sedition charges filed against singer Kovan, and will forget the agitation and protests against Tamil Writer Perumal Murugan against his writings.

Tamil Nadu poll pundits prediction will be based on the alternate ruling by the Dravidian Parties.

There are swing factors...and with Film actors jumping into politics, votes will spread.

Opposition parties may try to grab the opportunity by highlighting prohibition, corruption, freebies, etc

And there will be horse trading,

Since, every major regional political party of Tamil Nadu has determined leader, our discussing their eligibility criteria, strength, caliber, etc does not going to serve any purpose.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    We require a leader
    1. who is pro Hindu without being anti minority
    2. who is against religious conversions through money power
    3. one who is atleast a graduate
    4. who will ensure that his family is not benefited from the power that he holds
    5. Who has a vision for Tamil Nadu
    6. Who displays strong nationalist credentials
    7. Who is Pro Tamil but not against Sanskrit or Hindi

These are my wish list! Not sure if any one fits the bill amongst current crop of leaders in TN!!
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by V.Balasubramani View Post
    In my opinion, the mass of Tamil Nadu never looks into the eligibility criteria, whatever that has been prescribed in this thread.. They don't seems to bother about the strength, the caliber, etc

They may be looking for cash for vote.....packet of Biriyani and cutting of liquor,

Their memory is too short. They will forget all burning issues like tragic suicide of Agricultural Engg. Dept. Engineer Muthukumarasamy, they will forget sedition charges filed against singer Kovan, and will forget the agitation and protests against Tamil Writer Perumal Murugan against his writings.

Tamil Nadu poll pundits prediction will be based on the alternate ruling by the Dravidian Parties.

There are swing factors...and with Film actors jumping into politics, votes will spread.

Opposition parties may try to grab the opportunity by highlighting prohibition, corruption, freebies, etc

And there will be horse trading,

Since, every major regional political party of Tamil Nadu has determined leader, our discussing their eligibility criteria, strength, caliber, etc does not going to serve any purpose.
    can't agree more sir.

but that is not our concern in this thread sir!

let us discuss what qualities, traits, calibre etc in a person are required to rule specifically TN as CM.

For example, is it necessary for a TN CM to know Tamil, to speak in Tamil fluently? Can't a CM rule TN without knowing Tamil? Let us find out an answer to this question objectively, dispassionately.

I agree the above conditions mentioned in your post are prevalent (may be rampant), but my intent is to discuss about a hypothetically ideal situation.
    Last edited by GNANA SUNYAM; 29-01-2018 at 10:19 PM.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vgane View Post
    We require a leader
    1. who is pro Hindu without being anti minority
    2. who is against religious conversions through money power
    3. one who is atleast a graduate
    4. who will ensure that his family is not benefited from the power that he holds
    5. Who has a vision for Tamil Nadu
    6. Who displays strong nationalist credentials
    7. Who is Pro Tamil but not against Sanskrit or Hindi

These are my wish list! Not sure if any one fits the bill amongst current crop of leaders in TN!!
    let us not mind current crop of leaders.

1. why pro hindu? (Im not arguing, I just want inputs)
    2. why should he be sensitive to religious conversions?
    3. Is graduation a must? Kamaraj was not a graduate yet in my subjective opinion he ruled TN well. How do you think he would have ruled better had he been a graduate?
    4. What if family member has genuine interest in the state and needs to be considered by virtue of merit regardless of family ties?
    5. Vision statement please
    6. Why nationalist credentials required?
    7. Why Pro any language for that matter?

Please provide inputs. Above queries are raised not with an intent to contend but for elaboration.

How about CM's stand regarding reservation?

I feel CM must abolish reservation policy. But that is my subjective opinion. Please provide your inputs.
    Last edited by GNANA SUNYAM; 29-01-2018 at 10:31 PM.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!

How about CM's stand regarding reservation?

I feel CM must abolish reservation policy. But that is my subjective opinion. Please provide your inputs.

Leave alone Tamil Nadu..

What is stand of other State C.M's regarding reservation..?
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by V.Balasubramani View Post
    Leave alone Tamil Nadu..

What is stand of other State C.M's regarding reservation..?
    let us not emulate other states sir!

what is best for TN?

if reservations must be retained why they must be retained?

if reservations must be abolished why they must be avoided?

has reservation done good for TN?

if yes, what good has it done to TN? if no, why it must not be removed?

what shall we do to set a good precedent for others to follow, to set for them a best example as to how a state must be ruled?

what must a TN CM do so that others look up to him/her a role model?

thanks for your understanding sir!
    Last edited by GNANA SUNYAM; 30-01-2018 at 08:03 PM.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!

if reservations must be retained why they must be retained?

if reservations must be abolished why they must be avoided?

has reservation done good for TN?

if yes, what good has it done to TN? if no, why it must not be removed?

!

As for reservation, the subject was already discussed in this Forum

You may please go through these two links:

Reservation for Brahmins with 684 replies.
    Link:https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showth...tion#post60598

Reservation – Mandal II with 33 replies.
    Link: https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showth...ht=Reservation
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123