Tamil Brahmins
    Downloads
    Uploads

Setback for Arvind Kejriwal: President Kovind approves disqualification of 20 AAP MLA

0 Not allowed!
    This party came to power to fight corruption….??
    Setback for Arvind Kejriwal: President Kovind approves disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs

The Election Commission gave its opinion to the President on a complaint by the Congress.

In a major setback to Delhi's ruling Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), President Ram Nath Kovind approved the disqualification of 20 of its MLAs in Delhi on charges of holding Office of Profit, an official spokesman of the Rashtrapathi Bhavan said on Sunday.

This after the Election Commission on Friday recommended disqualification of 20 of its MLAs on grounds of holding office of profit as Parliamentary Secretaries.

The Election Commission gave its opinion to the President on a complaint by the Congress filed in June 2016 seeking disqualification of the MLAs.

The Congress application said 21 AAP MLAs, including Jarnail Singh (Rajouri Garden) who resigned to contest Punjab Assembly polls last year, had been appointed Parliamentary Secretaries to Ministers in the Delhi government.

Under the Constitution, the President is bound to act in accordance with the poll panel's recommendation.

There was no official word from the poll panel. But sources said the Commission's recommendation had been sent to President Ram Nath Kovind.

Read more at: https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...aap-mlas-75096
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Some how I am unable to get convinced with this. I am not a Kejariwal supporter. When it comes to vote I prefer BJP. But this I think is not a right approach. All of them were elected for 5 years by the people of Delhi. If they were wrong in holding any other positions, they should have been removed from that positions. This act has resulted in wastage of huge amount of public money in by- elections. What if the same people gets elected again?
    नाभुक्तं क्षीयते कर्म कल्प कोटि शतैरपि।
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    It is politics where each one blame the other.

Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday has said that the party will approach the Supreme Court if necessary.

Let us wait and watch as to what is the outcome.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    NO STAY ON AAP MLAS DISQUALIFICATION

The Delhi High Court today refused to stay the Centre's notification disqualifying 20 AAP MLAs for holding office of profit but restrained the Election Commission from taking any "precipitate measures" like announcing the dates for by-polls till January 29.

Read more at: http://www.dailypioneer.com/top-stor...ification.html
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    AAP leader Mr Arvind Kejriwal has wasted the mandate given to him by the people of Delhi. He started fighting with Constitutional Authorities at every level. Instead he should have used his energy by giving a good governance. He has all good qualities to become a national leader.
    I feel sorry for this young leader and hope he would change for better.

Brahmnyan
    Bangalore.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    6 questions to Arvind Kejriwal on AAP MLAs being disqualified for holding Office of Profit

My intention is to use the philosophy of KISS – Keep it simple and short.

AAP had won too many seats (67 out of 70) and most were new comers or jumping ships from other parties. Keeping this strange group together (without any long term party loyalty) and keeping them on tight lease was always going to be a tough game.

Hope I have cleared some of the issues for public domain. Now the public questions to be answered by AAP if they happen to come across this article:

Q1 – Why it was required for these MLAs to be given any appointment? Could they not have done the same job as MLAs?

Q2 – AAP party policy and illegal appointment has cost these seats to these MLAs. What will be the moral equivalence from the party top leadership to these MLAs who apparently have not been caught with any mal-intent but lost their seats ONLY due to following party order.

Q3 – As the so called appointment was to ensure better public service (there must have been a vision document for such planning), how it was fulfilled when the High court had cancelled the appointment? Does AAP confirm that such jobs have been left unattended? If they have been otherwise fulfilled and completed, pls use loop options and ask Q1 again.

Q4 – They are free to explore all legal options and go to public with their complaints. However in case of the elections for these seats – will they confirm to use the same candidates for the re-election? This is morally binding on them. Only this will clear their intentions once and for all.

Q5 – Will they acknowledge if the majority of the seats are lost in the new elections, that their policies are being rejected by the public at large?

Q6 – Will Mr Kejriwal resign owing to the moral responsibility of losing these seats (in case of elections and losing these seats)? He has a right to continue as the Chief Minister but then should stop lecturing on being different than other political parties.
    There can be many questions but I am sure answers to above 6 should be enough to clarify the intentions of the AAP for the public.
    What I intend to highlight is AAP has probably done more damage to Indian politics than other parties as AAP came as breath of fresh air with fresh ideas and morals but faded to same old Indian politics and its compulsion to remain in power

Read more at; http://myvoice.opindia.com/2018/01/6...441.1514635251
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.