• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ekadasi/Sivarathri Vratam - Should temples observe this vratra for Lord as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Lord apply Vibhuthi/Sreechoornam in his forehead? - The logic I am given to understand is that the Lord is standing as an example for devotees.

Coming to Vratas - Should Lord also observe Vratas? - Apply the same logic above, he should.

I am referring to the 2 vrathams here because these are the ancient and is a a minimal for a householder I understand.

The probable answer i get is we cant starve the Lord. Then in that case, my question is Is he feeding us or Are we feeding him?

Vanakkam,

In this world, all comes from God, so what can we genuinely offer to God that is from us?

I do not think God needs food. Naivedyam basically is informing/samaparpanam of the food. Anything that falls within His/Her sight is prasadam.

Eventually the prasadam will subsequently be distributed to others and bhaktars around.

I feel, God is beyond our cognitive understanding. So, I do think He or She is not bound to any rules.

Sathyam Sir

The discussion point is not whether God is beyond any rules or not.

Though I am ok with both, the question here is why are we applying 2 different logic. Either you apply logic or you dont!

The question here is
a. Should God also wear vibhuthi/srichoornam etc
b. Should God also observe Vratam

Vanakkam,

In this world, all comes from God, so what can we genuinely offer to God that is from us?

I do not think God needs food. Naivedyam basically is informing/samaparpanam of the food. Anything that falls within His/Her sight is prasadam.

Eventually the prasadam will subsequently be distributed to others and bhaktars around.

I feel, God is beyond our cognitive understanding. So, I do think He or She is not bound to any rules.

Vanakkam,

Srimadhan sir, I gave those answers after seeing the title of the thread that was about Ekadasi and Sivaratri fasting, so I answered on that context of vrata. Please pardon me, as I did not grasp the questions well.

a. Should God also wear vibhuthi/srichoornam etc
b. Should God also observe Vratam

I really do not know the answers to these questions and how to apply logics. Perhaps some knowledgeable members could enlighten us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back