Tamil Brahmins
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ekadasi/Sivarathri Vratam - Should temples observe this vratra for Lord as well

0 Not allowed!
    Why does Lord apply Vibhuthi/Sreechoornam in his forehead? - The logic I am given to understand is that the Lord is standing as an example for devotees.

Coming to Vratas - Should Lord also observe Vratas? - Apply the same logic above, he should.

I am referring to the 2 vrathams here because these are the ancient and is a a minimal for a householder I understand.

The probable answer i get is we cant starve the Lord. Then in that case, my question is Is he feeding us or Are we feeding him?
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Vanakkam,

In this world, all comes from God, so what can we genuinely offer to God that is from us?

I do not think God needs food. Naivedyam basically is informing/samaparpanam of the food. Anything that falls within His/Her sight is prasadam.

Eventually the prasadam will subsequently be distributed to others and bhaktars around.

I feel, God is beyond our cognitive understanding. So, I do think He or She is not bound to any rules.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Sathyam Sir

The discussion point is not whether God is beyond any rules or not.

Though I am ok with both, the question here is why are we applying 2 different logic. Either you apply logic or you dont!

The question here is
    a. Should God also wear vibhuthi/srichoornam etc
    b. Should God also observe Vratam

Quote Originally Posted by satyam View Post
    Vanakkam,

In this world, all comes from God, so what can we genuinely offer to God that is from us?

I do not think God needs food. Naivedyam basically is informing/samaparpanam of the food. Anything that falls within His/Her sight is prasadam.

Eventually the prasadam will subsequently be distributed to others and bhaktars around.

I feel, God is beyond our cognitive understanding. So, I do think He or She is not bound to any rules.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Vanakkam,

Srimadhan sir, I gave those answers after seeing the title of the thread that was about Ekadasi and Sivaratri fasting, so I answered on that context of vrata. Please pardon me, as I did not grasp the questions well.

a. Should God also wear vibhuthi/srichoornam etc
    b. Should God also observe Vratam
    I really do not know the answers to these questions and how to apply logics. Perhaps some knowledgeable members could enlighten us.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.